Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Every time I order or ask, they tell me I am getting the last of them.... They must have a vault full of these motors.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Geez man, don't make him mad BEFORE I actually buy the thing!

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Farmer, if you get that car from that guy, I'll help you undo everything he did wrong!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
Geez man, don't make him mad BEFORE I actually buy the thing!
who's car are we talking about? hey sr. want too swap my spare chassis for some front arms?
Old 07-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 5italkart
who's car are we talking about? hey sr. want too swap my spare chassis for some front arms?
It would be bad Ju-Ju to disclose this before the taillights hit the driveway...
Old 07-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Post Could work

That deal could be worked out.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

That deal could be worked out.
trying too fix up the gt bod. took some abuse
Old 07-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

trying too fix up the gt bod. took some abuse
..we running coupe bodies next race??
Old 07-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
..we running coupe bodies next race??
sr. mentioned it, i think his gang and joe t are changeing so i dug out mine. not a hard rule just funnzies
Old 07-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Das 1/8th Mopar;10936906]
Joe is right, the pan class is a blast! We just have to figure how to get Matt to make the jump to a car that will makes it threw the day. Don't get me wrong, his Ass RC 300 is fast, it just doesn't last. As a results, we have a fast driver doing allot of watching.
Speaking of Joes, I knew Joe Tuttle had a loose screw but not his car, let alone 3 of em.

Just a comment on Matt changing to a "Classic Pan"...Matt's times are right there with Lon and Joe P with his Ass300. Admitedly he has trouble finishing, I think the problems he has are easily fixed and he has improved stuff each time problems come up.

Joe T. is by far the fastest pan, byt around 2 seconds per lap, so when he finishes, nobody is close. (When he finds all the little mistakes I made when I builit it, watch out!!! lol, sorry 'bone!!)

It will be interesting when you guys run on the new track. If the traction is similar, the smoothnes should help the vintage pans the most.../ IMHO
Old 07-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Thanks!

Got home last night from two weeks in the north country and one of the highlights for sure was running with the One-Eight Racers on July 1st!!

It sure was good to realize I could still have fun on the track. I was afraid I was so far over-the-hill, I would never enjoy racing! I'd like to think just finishing was fun enough, but actually being almost competitive and getting second place was awesome!! Although my best lap was around 3 seconds slower in the first qualifying heat, I improved to within .6 in the main (not counting Joe T., he's in a different league!!)

Joe P. had me beat for second and should have given Lon a run, but just like "loose lips sink ships" "loose wires lose races"..... His P8C hybrid is a great example proving we all don't have to run clone cars! Good work Joe!!

I'd like to say I'll be back but the travel is still a killer....sure would like to run more!!!!

Thanks to all!
Ned
Old 07-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=aarcobra;10951322]
Joe is right, the pan class is a blast! We just have to figure how to get Matt to make the jump to a car that will makes it threw the day. Don't get me wrong, his Ass RC 300 is fast, it just doesn't last. As a results, we have a fast driver doing allot of watching.
Speaking of Joes, I knew Joe Tuttle had a loose screw but not his car, let alone 3 of em.

Just a comment on Matt changing to a "Classic Pan"...Matt's times are right there with Lon and Joe P with his Ass300. Admitedly he has trouble finishing, I think the problems he has are easily fixed and he has improved stuff each time problems come up.
.......i think maybe thats why i enjoy the old car so much................because it's NOT easy...........it always the dumb crap that keeps biting me.......radio hit.........rear axle/brake locked up......strippped spur gear.....had it on kill in a qualifier till plug/motor went POOF..................car is fast...just have to make it last.........ill get there.........it's fun at the track no matter what.........even when Davis makes me sprint to the pits cause he can't drive......
Old 07-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

Strengthen your bumpers...I'm coming in...
Old 07-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default PRESSURE!

Racine this weekend, Lon III was pushing me all weekend, in the main he was leading when he ripped the pinon gear off the housing. Noah had cracked his chassis 1/2 way across, So he was told don't to hit anything at all, run smooth, and stay clean. He did just that and won the Main. Dave Strausbaugh and his P8C became good friends, they had some good runs. T-Bone helped him allot and it showed when both his drivers came loose in the Main.
Back home, Don't mean to push you out of the Ass if you're enjoying it, I enjoy watching your car go too! I'd just like to see it run long enough so I can try to catch it! Ned is right, your car has the most to gain with the new track.
My Grand Kids are running double bumpers already. Maybe I better get one too. Is the Farmer coming?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

sr. mentioned it, i think his gang and joe t are changeing so i dug out mine. not a hard rule just funnzies
I asked Sr what happens if Lon III runs a non-GT body next race and I was told "He would not get any points towards the championship." That sounds like a pretty firm rule to me.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Racine this weekend, Lon III was pushing me all weekend, in the main he was leading when he ripped the pinon gear off the housing. Noah had cracked his chassis 1/2 way across, So he was told don't to hit anything at all, run smooth, and stay clean. He did just that and won the Main. Dave Strausbaugh and his P8C became good friends, they had some good runs. T-Bone helped him allot and it showed when both his drivers came loose in the Main.
Back home, Don't mean to push you out of the Ass if you're enjoying it, I enjoy watching your car go too! I'd just like to see it run long enough so I can try to catch it! Ned is right, your car has the most to gain with the new track.
My Grand Kids are running double bumpers already. Maybe I better get one too. Is the Farmer coming?
I have to share a moment with you guys. Lon III (aka Long Hair Don't Care) was leading the first qaulifier but Lon Sr. was on the charge and gaining on III. With around 2 laps to go Sr gets pass III. I yell up to III "YOU NEED TO GET THAT BACK!!!" So in the next lap he catches up to Sr. and then on the last lap pulls off a fairly clean pass. They made contact but it was side to side contact and III had the inside line! He goes on to the finish line and wins the first round of qaulifing by 0.08 I think.

That was a great moment for us all and Lon III was very happy he finally got to beat Grandpa for the first time. Lon III has it figured out now how to go fast and just needs to make a few less mistakes and he will be the fastest pan car on the 3 Lons and a Noah racing team. Lon Sr and Lon III where the only cars in the GT/pan class to break into the 15 lap range so Lon III qaulified 2nd and Sr. scoring the TQ.

At the start of the main it looked like it was going to be all Lon III as he got away with a great start and was opening up some distance but then made a mistake and that allowed Lon Sr. to catch back up. Then Lon started pushing harder and looked to be opening up distance again but then made another mistake surrending the lead to Sr. and a GT car might have gotten by also but he got right back into second place. III Slowly worked his way closer and closer to SR. and with some fast action on the first pit stop at the 7 min or so mark Lon III regained the lead in the pits and looked to have it well in control. After around 4 minutes of running his car came rolling to a stop and what looks to be a pinnion gear laying on the track behind the car. I tried to reattach the pinion to the bell housing but the threads where gone ending III's race.

Lon Sr then regained the lead and looking to have it well in hand with many laps over 2nd place so he was just in cruise control mode and making laps. Then the racing gods reached down and took his clutch bell bearings and tied em up tight! After making a few more lap with the clutch locked up and if finally broke free then he had zero clutch and had to drop out of the race. Now it was Noah's turn to race! He had plenty of time to make up the laps needed to pass Sr. but couldn't push to hard as the weak chassis is issue. He pressed on making smooth steady laps and ended up with his first Midwest Series win!!

If they boys and Dad where not at the race I would have went home well before my main. The track was very hard on cars, the scoring was horriable, my 2 spd was fighting me and I was sick. I just wanted to climb under a rock and die but with the everyone else racing I tried my best to keep a happy face on and not bring down everyone else. I scored the TQ in 1/8th open but the highlight for me was the super racing between Grandson and Grandpa!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.