Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Wyd and Bryan it looks like I am going to have to run Mod SCT at your race because I had to replace the stock shocks with velvet ones because the stock ones wouldnt stop leaking. So spread the word and break out your mod SCT's and lets battle at your trophy race. Cant wait to race at your place.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

I would like to run stock SCT still but that is up to the racers and of course Chris. The Velvet shocks in my mind did not give any performance advantage they just dont leak. I just dont want to travel and have nobody to run mod with.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:46 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sohlman113
I would like to run stock SCT still but that is up to the racers and of course Chris. The Velvet shocks in my mind did not give any performance advantage they just dont leak. I just dont want to travel and have nobody to run mod with.
For this race I will be teching all Spec SCTs as soon as everyone signs in. This way I can get everyone checked and make sure that everyone is in the right class.

As for hopups we do allow aluminum hopups as long it is like the stock parts its ok. No new electronics, motors, or parts that add performance like for example (different toe in blocks that are not stock and would change the degree of toe in or has more mounting postions). This is an advantage so not legal.

Want to make this race in the SPec claases as fair as possible. I will be teching each round for all the heat races and the mains. Once we get the heats setup I will call each spec heat down to get teched before the races get started anc check off each person. ANyone in the wrong class or has parts that don't meet are apec class rules will be moved to Mod SCt at that time and will change the heat lineup as needed.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:26 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Can we Run 17.5 BL in our SCT or No?? Or remove the electronics and put some others?? Please let me know. I couldnt use them last time, and Im not going to change this time. It would be nice to run the SC with everyone else. Thanks guys
Old 03-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks WYD for the rundown its good to know the velvet shocks are stock legal. And as for the block I am running the wider run but it will be off for your race if I run stock. Thanks again and see you in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:32 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by PsycoB4
Can we Run 17.5 BL in our SCT or No?? Or remove the electronics and put some others?? Please let me know. I couldnt use them last time, and Im not going to change this time. It would be nice to run the SC with everyone else. Thanks guys
Let me check with Chris on that. Normally we run all stock electronics and motors in them. If and I mean if we allowed 17.5 we would only do it with non adjustable timing speedos.

Reason being (and still doubt we will but I will check) is because I ran a 17.5 with my Mamba MAx Pro with all the fancy timing adjustments and its a ton faster than any spec motor. With a Tekin or Mamba Pro and a 17.5 you will easily be way faster than stock spec motors and thats not what we are looking for.

Brian
Old 03-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah WYD that would be cool. I too am running a 17.5 but I am running an sxx which does not have timing advance and I am only on punch setting 2 I would lower it to 1 if you guys wanted to. I am also running an Orion Servo but I would pull that out and put in a Slash servo I donated my Kyosho one. Let us know WYD it would just make things a little easier either way though I will be running.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by wyd
Let me check with Chris on that. Normally we run all stock electronics and motors in them. If and I mean if we allowed 17.5 we would only do it with non adjustable timing speedos.

Reason being (and still doubt we will but I will check) is because I ran a 17.5 with my Mamba MAx Pro with all the fancy timing adjustments and its a ton faster than any spec motor. With a Tekin or Mamba Pro and a 17.5 you will easily be way faster than stock spec motors and thats not what we are looking for.

Brian
Yeah I know this Bryan. But I dont feel like changing this. I dont even know where I put the stock ESC n Motor. And It will really hurt if I cannot run this. We made it Real clear at Motorama that BRUSHED STOCK SC TRUCKS ARE FASTER!!!!! No matter how you looked at it.

But your rules are your rules. I just wish we could compromise and make everyone happy.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:15 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Ok talked with Chris. We will allow 17.5 brushless with non adjustable timing speedos. No Tekins, Castles, or LRP SPX or any other speedo I missed that has huge timing curves. Where going to try this so please don't get out of hand and ruin it. Anyone cheating will be asked to leave that class for sure. Tech will make all decisions on what is legal and if I'm not 100% I will go over everything with Chris and we will determine the final decision.

Tech will be done and will approve all 17.5 setups before the SCT class is finalized and heats setup.

I know the Sprc SCT class is for fun and a cheaper alternative for racing but we want it to be fair for everyone that runs it. This goes for Spec and for Pro Spec.

Next year as always when we open again in late fall we will revaluate the rules and change what we think needs to be based on are local tracks around the area and how things went for them over the summer. As always we want to protect the classes that have grone strong with the rules we set.

Please remember we all want to have fun and fair races for ALL CLASSES!!!!

Brian
Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

LRP makes the SPX and it's replacment the SXX. I believe both of these should not be allowed for SCT. Whether you call it timing or a throttle profile, they are still manipulating the current to the motor. The SXX is pretty equivalent to the Tekin from what we have seen in touring car.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
LRP makes the SPX and it's replacment the SXX. I believe both of these should not be allowed for SCT. Whether you call it timing or a throttle profile, they are still manipulating the current to the motor. The SXX is pretty equivalent to the Tekin from what we have seen in touring car.
the lrp sphere comp tc esc has throttle profiles also....and its an older esc
Old 03-04-2010, 10:44 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by jmackani
As long as the SXX isn't the new version that they just came out with we should be ok. The original SXX was for mod racing and don't add lots of timing.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by morris
the lrp sphere comp tc esc has throttle profiles also....and its an older esc
Even the GTB has profiles but only the Tekin RS and RS Pro, Castle MMP, LRP SPX, New LRP SXX, and Speed Passion V2.1 and 3.1 have the new huge timing curves and make the motors really scream.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:48 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

good thing there's 2/4wheel mod buggy. u poor guys and ur truck rules. ugh.

R
Old 03-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Suspended

I have a sphere old ass sphere and a 17.5 novak BL motor. Im slower than a stock SC Truck, And this was proven at Motorama. So I dont see why there should be an issue. Even if you have Throttle Profile guys. Who says they are using it or want to use it. Do you always want to go FAST??? I thought Slow and steady won the race??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.