Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STS engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 07:53 AM
Nitro Tech

If you come from North America and have any problem of your STS engine,contact with ProjectZen first. They have good service.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Finally got to run my Zen mod D3r overall i was happy still need to tune didn't have enough time to tune and try set ups. the motor got faster as the day wen't on but i do wan't to try different plugs had a #6 i'll try a #7 as per Geoff, there were only a hand full of cars pulling away on a 230 250 straight but from my D3 to D3r i'm happy had a couple of guys say to my pitman that my car was fast and geting faster i'm not giving up just yeat on it
Old 07-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dino.tw
If you come from North America and have any problem of your STS engine,contact with ProjectZen first. They have good service.
Hey Dino, I was running the D5R all day long yesterday, and i believe it is at the final stage of running in.

Here is some good news, first killed a few itailian motors, ranging from MR, NS and X12 with special sauce.

I can say, bottom end to mid range power is very smooth and it is not sluggish at all, top end has good power but not as fast as those NS even so I still took another guy with NS12 at the end of the back straight entering sweeper which felt great! I guess he has to back off just a bit and I didnt have to so I can pretty much full throttle into the sweeper. You can say the motor is not as fast as those itailian but yet It is faster with controlable power!

Bottom to mid is great! most kill right here, even if they gain on the back straight and after 2~3 turns the next thing they know I am right on their ass already!

Overall, from all the motors I have had, this is probably then second best motor.

*one side note, I was running the D5R with STS one piece pipe(no shim on the pipe)

Keep up the good work!

one last thing dino, do you guys have those STS stickers? I am getting tired of answering ppl what motor I run, if I have a big ass sticker on the wind shield then I dont have to do that that often!

Old 07-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah, geoff is a really nice guy. i found out what was wrong with the d3r carb., i think i bent the lsn when i was cleaning the carb. last week. no wonder the slide didn't want to go back to idle when i release the throttle. can i still get replacement part? just kidding, i bend needle back and it seems to work fine now.

dino, very nice engines, hope you guys keep improving.

data
Old 07-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Ah10
*one side note, I was running the D5R with STS one piece pipe(no shim on the pipe)

your d5r seems to accelerate better then mine, maybe the pipe has something to do with it or maybe the gear ratio different between our cars. next time i am going to put the d5r on the mtx-3 and run with you again. let me try that sts pipe next time.

data
Old 07-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Data
your d5r seems to accelerate better then mine, maybe the pipe has something to do with it or maybe the gear ratio different between our cars. next time i am going to put the d5r on the mtx-3 and run with you again. let me try that sts pipe next time.

data
All right, I am running 21/27 with 59/52 on mtx3
Old 07-11-2004, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Ah10
All right, I am running 21/27 with 59/52 on mtx3
i war running 22/27 and 61/55 on my evo.

hmm... only 1.3% different at 1st gear, i think either i am going to put the evo through some weight reduction program or ask you guys teach me how to tune enignes. $#d%^i$@n$%^o#%#h%#$e%#%l#$#%p !!!

by the way, you have my screw driver ?
Old 07-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Nitro Tech

by the way, you have my screw driver ?
WAHAHAHA.....That is what I always say....DO YOU JUST STEAL MY SCREW DRIVER?
Old 07-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

WAHAHAHA.....That is what I always say....DO YOU JUST STEAL MY SCREW DRIVER?
thats ok, i have his header spring hook. i have many flat head screw drivers, he only has one spring hook.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Nitro Tech

thats ok, i have his header spring hook. i have many flat head screw drivers, he only has one spring hook.
OOPS....poor ah10.....
Old 07-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by au_Nightmare
I seen a aussie ebay advert for a D5.. "only raced once and was run in correctly, total of 600cc fuel through engine". The D5 takes over 2000cc of fuel to break in so it was not even 1/4 broken in when it was raced, buyer beware...
Hey Guys.. im new to this thread and the lucky winner of the ebay auction above. I havent run the engine yet, all the internals seem nice and tight/heaps of compression. Any tips on what to look for to see whether this engine has been damaged?
Old 07-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rabbit
Hey Guys.. im new to this thread and the lucky winner of the ebay auction above. I havent run the engine yet, all the internals seem nice and tight/heaps of compression. Any tips on what to look for to see whether this engine has been damaged?
a few basic things you can check
1. check the piston and check if there are any scratches or dent
2. check the sleeve and see if there are any scratches
3. remove the p/s from the engine and see if you can push it through the top, it you could then p/s is gone
4. measure the crank pin vertically and horizontally and see if they are about the same size.

That's what I could think of and hope it helps
Old 07-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Threaded Crank

I have also heard that novarossi and STS parts are similar... would i be able to take a threaded crank from a novarossi C12 and put it in my STS?
Old 07-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Threaded Crank

I have also heard that novarossi and STS parts are similar... would i be able to take a threaded crank from a novarossi C12 and put it in my STS?
not everything are inter-changable. the crank, inner bearing, and wrist pin (could be the piston holes, not sure) are different. the sleeve need minor modification for it to fit.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

au_nightmare giving you nightmare huh ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.