Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi , I am very close to getting a ta05v.2 but have heard from guys at my local track and a few people at local hobby shops that the ifs is a pain to setup compared to normal suspension setup. Is this correct? Thanks
Old 08-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayrush
Hi , I am very close to getting a ta05v.2 but have heard from guys at my local track and a few people at local hobby shops that the ifs is a pain to setup compared to normal suspension setup. Is this correct? Thanks
I don't think so. It's just different. If you are used to making adjustments to upright shocks then you might see it as a pain but I really think that it's not an issue. To me, the ability to run those really cool bodies makes up for the added hardware that is required to lay the shocks down. On a positive note, I find that having the turn buckles that go from the lower suspension arm to the rocker makes fine adjustments to tweak and ride height easy if you don't have threaded shock adjusters. Bottom line, don't let this be an issue with your decision. If you really don't like it, it's pretty easy to convert to upright shocks later.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for your advice Pretty sure im gonna get one.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Hi, Just ordered my ta05v2 Does anyone run a tekin rs combo tt2151 or tt2152. Do they fit and is it a good combo for this chassis? Also can you recommend a good servo and lipo? I want it for racing . Thanks
Old 08-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi, Just ordered my ta05v2 Does anyone run a tekin rs combo tt2151 or tt2152. Do they fit and is it a good combo for this chassis? Also can you recommend a good servo and lipo? I want it for racing . Thanks
Not sure exactly what those part numbers are, but I know that the RS & RS Pro both will EASILY fit in the ver.2(mine certainly do), & yes, they & the proper motors should work VERY well(really the motor is becoming less of a big deal, as long as it can handle the timing advance that the RS can put to them, & I'm sure that Tekin's motors should work fine). And for servos, I like using a Futaba 9551 in mine, it's small(ish), light & still has good speed & torque, & most any decent LiPo will do well, though my preference leans towards Thunder Power's packs.....
Old 08-15-2010, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Not sure exactly what those part numbers are, but I know that the RS & RS Pro both will EASILY fit in the ver.2(mine certainly do), & yes, they & the proper motors should work VERY well(really the motor is becoming less of a big deal, as long as it can handle the timing advance that the RS can put to them, & I'm sure that Tekin's motors should work fine). And for servos, I like using a Futaba 9551 in mine, it's small(ish), light & still has good speed & torque, & most any decent LiPo will do well, though my preference leans towards Thunder Power's packs.....
I use this set up as well. Can't go wrong with the Tekin RS. I'm using a Novak 21.5 but as Grizz states, it isn't really important. I love the 9551. It is short enough that if your receiver is on the smallish side, you can put it behind the servo rather than stacking it on top of the servo. It's performance is very good as well. I would recommend that you get a Kimbrough servo saver for it though. I just can't seem to get the Tamiya ones to work well.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by woodys3b
I use this set up as well. Can't go wrong with the Tekin RS. I'm using a Novak 21.5 but as Grizz states, it isn't really important. I love the 9551. It is short enough that if your receiver is on the smallish side, you can put it behind the servo rather than stacking it on top of the servo. It's performance is very good as well. I would recommend that you get a Kimbrough servo saver for it though. I just can't seem to get the Tamiya ones to work well.
Agreed, I've heard mixed reviews of Tamiya's servo saver, & the one time I tried it, I was also not very pleased(steering just didn't feel right), so I've been using Kimborough savers ever since, MUCH happier with them....
Old 08-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for your geat advice Is there a part number for the kimbrough servo saver. is it a 114?
Old 08-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

I just went the other way with my servo saver. I was using a Kimbrough and I just went to the Tamiya. One thing I noticed about the Kimbrough was the turning radius was HUGE. I don't think I had the right Kimbrough, it was shorter than the Tamiya. I haven't had a chance to test the Tamiya saver yet.

Agreed, I've heard mixed reviews of Tamiya's servo saver, & the one time I tried it, I was also not very pleased(steering just didn't feel right), so I've been using Kimborough savers ever since, MUCH happier with them....
Old 08-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for your geat advice Is there a part number for the kimbrough servo saver. is it a 114?
Actually, I believe mine is the 201, it's black & comes with multiple splines to fit Airtronics, KO & Futaba servos(& possibly others).....
Old 08-16-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Regular

I use the 114. It is specific to Futaba. You can also use the one the one grizz recommended.

I believe there is a smaller one available that is used on 12th scale cars. This one would reduce the steering throw. I haven't had an issue with this using the 114.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

you will NEVER go wrong with a ThunderPower Lipo.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

OK thanks

Last edited by rayrush; 08-28-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Anyone looking for a brand new IFS V2 with the option pack that has been built and never run? I has all the stock option pack parts plus the Tamiya spool, Tamiya 44mm swing shaft setup for the front and a few other things for it. I never ran it. Its only built with a servo and receiver sitting in it but thats it.

I think I'm looking to sell it since I just don't see me running it this winter and I only like running asphalt so its not going to get any use. I have another hobby I like to do now that is taking up my time so its just going to sit.

Only thing I did was to mod the chassis just a touch for a larger speedo to fit in but its hard to even tell I did anything but that is the only mod done on the car rest is 100% untouched.

Shoot me a PM if interested and I can get some pics if needed. Looking for 300 shipped in the 48 states. With the extras including the alum rear toe blocks (I think I bought different ones and also the new small alum suspension blocks not on yet. Also 2 packs of new extra body mounts.

If your looking for one this one is race ready.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Hi, i have just finished building the ta05 v2 upgrade kit. The rear uprights have alot of play in the suspension shaft on the reversable suspension. Do i need to order special uprights?. I have seen 51333 and 53938. Will these parts fix the issue?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.