Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 02:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm using the HPI X pattern 26mm tires on my TC3 Electric, and the wear is great, and I like the road holding. As far as wear, they seem to be better than the Take Off Slicks (24mm), that most everyone uses at the track here. Since, I have not formally raced yet, I am not sure how the X patterns would do. They use VHT on the track surface. We race our TC3s in our parking lot here at work (w/RoadDomes), and I will stay with the X patterns for that.

Greg
Old 11-05-2002, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Tony - Can you please confirm if the FT Kit with the new parts, ie chassis and shaft, has a new part number, or any identifiable way of seeing from the packaging if the parts are in there?

I need a new FT Kit and i also want to get the new chassis for my old car. Please advise?
Old 11-05-2002, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We run XPatterns on our Touring Cars for Spec Class. But when racing Mod or Stock they aren't the choice. I have tried XPatterns on the local track and I don't like them. They are too loose and don't compare to my Takeoffs or Foams for that matter. Even my Orions were better than the XPatterns. They just don't have the grip of other tires. Don't get me wrong, they are nice tires and have great wear. But you'll be off pace if you race them here. Would be good for a dusty track though. I dunno... different track conditions favor different tires. As for Keyence... what are you looking for? SpeedtechRC has their top ESC... but nothing else. I remember seeming them in one of the RC mags... hmmmm...
Old 11-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, I was thinking I would indeed run the Take Offs on the track next season (this season's over Dec. 1st). A friend of mine runs them on our parking lot at work, and they might get half the wear of the X patterns - not sure. I might get a set and mess around with them, but for our regular parking racing at work, I will most likely stay with the X patterns.
..As far as the ESC situation, I am thinking the Keyence at about $185.00. But for now, the LRP Runner works okay. Only having my TC3 for about 2 months now, I want to get the electronics upgraded, but there really isn't that big of a rush. I just want the latest and the greatest - ha! Like most everyone else, I guess.
I know the M8 is getting upgraded, so I will wait on that. Much of the car is already converted over to FT, with some other niceties added. I want a better servo, and of course an FM receiver (Xxtra or similar).

Greg
Old 11-05-2002, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

A buddy of mine just got the "new" FT TC3 wit the blue shaft, and upgraded arms/chassis. I had him read me the part #'s out of the manual. They are the same #'s as the old #'s, so it looks like just a running change. It will probably be a few weeks till the newer stuff can be purchased. Tower is already listing the old shaft as
disscontinued.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Hubbard: 'Sup bud. Watched you at SoCal....car looks pretty good! Gonna have to tell me if you kicked BK's butt that night!!!!

Lonestar: you need to place the orange o-ring in the drive cups to take up some of the slop of the shaft. This will help prevent the shaft from slamming into the drive cup on impacts.

madweazl: I have a setup on my site for the TC3 for slippery gym floors!!!!!! In fact, it came from some guys in England!!!! heh heh! Give it a try and let me know if it works!!!

Besercoe: I think I e-mailed you the answer, but I'll re-post it here for everyone.... I'm pretty sure there will NOT be a new number. It will be a running change, similar to the arms and diff halves. Not sure when....we have a lot of carbon shafts still in the warehouse.... Sorry.

hobbipro: Yes, old carbon shaft is a discontinued item. New FT Blue ones will be standard equipment.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Thanks...

... for the reply Tony...

Paul
Old 11-06-2002, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Tony, Sent you an e-mail from your site, not sure if you recieved it yet. Could you tell me if, or when, we will be able to purchase the delrin gears the Team was using at the Worlds in their NTC3's? Thanks.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:08 AM

Default Newbie

Hi I'm a newbie who just bought an TC3

Can anyone advise if a one way is good on an TC3?

What is the most common part to break on the track?

I'm seemed to always get a cracking noise form the spur gear, whenever I've set the gear mesh, it will come loose after a few runs.

Can I get the spur gear changed to 64 pitch?

Would be most appreciative to answers.

Thank you.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Newbie- use the car out of the box with no upgrades. It will run great. When you need a set up when you get good go to Rc10.coma and there you will find all the set up tips you need..
Old 11-06-2002, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TPhalen
Besercoe: I think I e-mailed you the answer, but I'll re-post it here for everyone.... I'm pretty sure there will NOT be a new number. It will be a running change, similar to the arms and diff halves. Not sure when....we have a lot of carbon shafts still in the warehouse.... Sorry.

Nar, Tony that was me you send the email to. Thanks for the answers. Now I will just have to see how I can get one of the new kits, your help would be great.

Thanks,

Coxy
Old 11-06-2002, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Default Tony P

Hey tony I would like to use the one way in Cleveland. What is your pros and cons on why most people stay away.

I normally run outside where we run the one-ways all the time. I ve gone a couple of times to foam tracks and not had to much success with the diff...

Last edited by rangulo; 11-06-2002 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC1q2w3e4r
Hi I'm a newbie who just bought an TC3

Can anyone advise if a one way is good on an TC3?

What is the most common part to break on the track?

I'm seemed to always get a cracking noise form the spur gear, whenever I've set the gear mesh, it will come loose after a few runs.

Can I get the spur gear changed to 64 pitch?
Would be most appreciative to answers.
Thank you.
try the car out first with no hopups. if you run in a track with sweeping turns, a one-way may improve lap times, but it is difficult to drive if youre still starting, so i suggest dont get one yet.

suspension arms usually break in heavy crashes.

it seems that the motor comes loose. tighten the motor clamp screw (the one with the spring) just enough for the spring to compress slightly, then put another full turn in.

yes, you can use 64 pitch, but it strips easily on dirty tracks. for 64p, try 98T and 100T.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

I'd like to try a oneway at Cleveland as well for Stock class. I seem to be faster with it than a diff. Tight track or not. Anyhow, I just got in my IRS solid axle in today. So I may try it out this weekend at the local track. I can run both and compare lap times. This should be interesting....
Old 11-06-2002, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Not too many people use a 1way diff with foams.....its a little hard to drive the car out of the corner. Some people with the TC3 use the center 1way from GPM. The solid diff or spool's are very fast on foams and easier to drive then a 1way. I also dont belive that Easton used a 1way in Cleveland when he won stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.