Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Eric, have to try and keep up with the losi boys! I will share any info I get....

TPhalen, thanks for the info. right now I am running the composite driveshafts (racer ones). Do they do OK with the oneway?

Jeff
Old 09-14-2001, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ya, Jeff, they should be ok. You might want to keep an eye on the little pins that are in the end of the CVD that goes into the one-way outdrives. On the composites I've heard people say that they wear fast. I think Associated has fixed this, but, since I don't run the composites, I don't really know.
Old 09-15-2001, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ball diff adjustments

Any tips on how tight/loose the ball diffs should be and how those adjustments at each end affect the car? I usually build them and leave them alone but my recollection is AE's instructions don't give a lot of detail on this. We have a FT TC3. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-15-2001, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Ok. Ball diffs. Build them per the instructions. Tighten all the way and back off 1/8 of a turn. After the first full run, re-set them. Do this whether or not they need it.

Adjustments. I normally try to keep them the same. This, to me, makes the car feel much more balanced. Some use them as a tuning tool. A looser rear diff will give the car more rear traction. A looser front diff will give the car more steering. Be careful, though, as too loose a diff will cause a loss in forward traction (they diffs will spool under hard acceleration) and require you to rebuild more often.
Old 09-15-2001, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

The way I setup my rear diff (I use front one-way all the time) :
tightent he adjustment screws at the point where the diff just stop slipping. I use the same way to setup my TC3 molded diff and metal diff, and so do all my RC cars with ball diff.
Old 09-15-2001, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks guys. I never rechecked mine post-run so I will.

Ernest -- by tightening until they don't slip do you mean until you are barely able to turn the outdrives by hand?

As for the one-way, we don't have one in our TC3. Is a one-way helpful on carpet or is it better to stick with two regular diffs? My son's driving style is to be very aggressive into the turns, to the point where our set up is softer than most to keep the rear end as planted as possible.

Thanks again.
Old 09-15-2001, 07:43 PM
Tech Rookie

I raced my TC3 for the first time tonite. I left my track VERY !!!! There are so many little things that can affect the performance....Does anyone have a web site or book or anything that explains what do when some thing certain is happening. Say for example if your car is pushing, or you have no traction on carpet, ride hieght......I basically looking for a TOURING CARS FOR DUMMYS BOOK......Any help would be helpfull!!!!
Old 09-15-2001, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sopranoman... whatcha doin ?

to get a good understanding of all rc car handling.. Check out this site. It sure is alot to read, but is worth it. After you get that done... we are all here to help ya out.

http://www.team-orion.ch/rccarhandling/index.asp

BTW can't mess with Pussy, sleepin wit da fishes
Old 09-15-2001, 08:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Johnny Racer 70-80 wt oil with purplr or copper
red and gold can use 70-40
red I like 50
purple i like 80
yellow 70 or 80

I really like screwing with oil it can really prove to help how your car reacts to surface irregularities and turning speed vs. turn length changes
Old 09-15-2001, 08:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Spooky....I check out the link and suck it all in....any more questions I'll post here...thanks for your help.....

BTW....I am a new Soprano Fan and have only seen first season....so if pussy is sleepin whit da fishes i'll soon find out....well i guess you already told me ....oh well.....
Old 09-15-2001, 11:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default monster monkey

thanks. that's more too the point that i was trying to ask. not that all the other info was useless (it ALL was very helpful.) going to buy some shock oil and try out some changes.

-turn length? are you talking about the turn radius under power? right now i'm experiencing a lot of push if i just barely touch the throttle in a turn. i have to pretty much coast through a turn or "throw" the car into it to hold any kind of line. what would be the best place to start tuning? camber? springs? rake? ??? ???
Old 09-16-2001, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

We're about to start running foams in sedan mod on Ozite. Does anyone have a decent starting setup? Also, what diameter should I true the tires to? I'll be running ProLine plaids on the front and purples on the back. Finally, do I leave the fronts slightly larger than the rears?

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2001, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

coolrcdad, when seting up a ball diff, i will screw in the adjustment screw just until the main gear cannot slip anymore when the L and R side of outdrive fixed.
hope this help
Old 09-16-2001, 11:23 AM
Tech Rookie

ONE WAY FRONT DIFF QUESTION

I'm USING A ONE WAY INFRONT OF MY TC3 NOW> THOUGH THE CAR HANDLES BETTER THE CVD's both aluminum and composite break or bent quite easily and more than the diff setup. How can I fix the breakage problem THANKS
Old 09-16-2001, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Try steel dogbones. That's about all I can think of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.