Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
does the GT2.1 EX need a 2S pack to power up for setting changes. I seem to recall when I ran my GT2.0's on 1S power that I couldn't adjust settings without either using a 2S pack or powering the LCD box separate.

Not sure if that applies to the 2.1 EX though.
I don't really recall it does or doesn't.....if 1S does not start up, try with a 2S....
Old 10-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
I don't really recall it does or doesn't.....if 1S does not start up, try with a 2S....
Yeah baby to the Reventon Pro Ex coming soon. I will be able to help with 12th mod setups for it.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Solara,
thanks for the info,
Christian
Stock0 has no update, the current version is ROAR approved and it is working fine....

Stock1 (BOOST - Turbo) we will have the update soon, we are testing it with the Team Durango TC and Viktor now and once we have fix some minor issue we will release that...
Old 10-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just purchased this combo (*Speed Passion Reventon Stock Club Race Brushless System Combo w/V3.0 17.5R Competition Motor) from rcmart. Do I need to do any programming before running it? I will be running 2WD buggy stock class.

Sorry for the newbie question.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by archerwin
I just purchased this combo (*Speed Passion Reventon Stock Club Race Brushless System Combo w/V3.0 17.5R Competition Motor) from rcmart. Do I need to do any programming before running it? I will be running 2WD buggy stock class.

Just some basic setup like throttle range etc. BTW: as you are using the v3.0 motor with large cooling holes. Cover the holes by tape to prevent dirt get inside and effect the sensor.

Last edited by beamcat; 10-20-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by archerwin

Just follow the directions and do the initial transmitter calibration.

Originally Posted by beamcat
Just some basic setup like throttle range etc. BTW: as you are using the v3.0 motor with large cooling holes. Cover the holes by tape to some dirt get inside and effect the sensor.
If you cover the holes it will negatively effect cooling.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So last night i hooked my reventon stock club race up as i have had my tekin systems for a while in single cell.

I gave some throttle and the motor reved up but then stopped and wouldnt rev again. Is this esc capable of single cell and i just have to change some voltage setting or no?
This was just my tc 17.5 and was just curious more than anything.
Plugged it back into two cell and it started right up.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by valk
So last night i hooked my reventon stock club race up as i have had my tekin systems for a while in single cell.

I gave some throttle and the motor reved up but then stopped and wouldnt rev again. Is this esc capable of single cell and i just have to change some voltage setting or no?
This was just my tc 17.5 and was just curious more than anything.
Plugged it back into two cell and it started right up.
You using any external receiver pack or booster?
Old 10-17-2013, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Does work.

couldnt really find any info online about this in single cell so i turned off the LVC and hooked up a booster and boom. it works just fine. the wiring is a little messy but ill run it this weekend and see how well it works against the other 13.5 cars with much much more expensive escs.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does work.

couldnt really find any info online about this in single cell so i turned off the LVC and hooked up a booster and boom. it works just fine. the wiring is a little messy but ill run it this weekend and see how well it works against the other 13.5 cars with much much more expensive escs.

Great! Although I was able to figure out and let everyone know how to get the Pro to work in 1s, I could never answer this question for the rest of the line-up. This was mainly due to the fact that I only run our Reventon Pro. I'm glad that you figured it out for the rest of our line-up so that people now have a lower cost option when they don't need the extra performance that the Pro offers. Thanks. I wonder if the EX version will be relegated to just the Pro or if SP will extend it to the rest of the line-up as well?
Old 10-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

I kinda figured it should as lots of people are running justocks in the slower classes. im not 100% sure if the 40 amps will be enough for a 13.5 in single cell. some people tell me with less volts it will also use less amps, but logic tells me that less volts means you need more amps to feed the motors desired wattage..
we will see tommorrow as ill be racing against orca systems at the top of our club. worked beautifully in the touring car. the orca/d3.5 cars had no advantage in speed at all in 17.5 i was beaten by skilled drivers.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by darnold
Yeah baby to the Reventon Pro Ex coming soon. I will be able to help with 12th mod setups for it.
Ah yes, you know I will give you a call....just wait until I get the prototype first.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

I kinda figured it should as lots of people are running justocks in the slower classes. im not 100% sure if the 40 amps will be enough for a 13.5 in single cell. some people tell me with less volts it will also use less amps, but logic tells me that less volts means you need more amps to feed the motors desired wattage..
we will see tommorrow as ill be racing against orca systems at the top of our club. worked beautifully in the touring car. the orca/d3.5 cars had no advantage in speed at all in 17.5 i was beaten by skilled drivers.
Believe it or not, even myself, can't figured out HOW to get the Reventon Stock Club Race to work with 1 cell....can you please give me some more detail infomration about (1) What receiver pack that you used (name and brand) and (2) what BOOSTER pack that you used (name and brand please)....

Thank you.....I have tried Reventon S and R and none of them work with anything method that I can think of...you might be the person that can help all the 12th scale ppl.....if this indeed really working, I think the REVENTON "R" unit will be a very good low-cost ESC for 1s.....
Old 10-20-2013, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

All i did to get it to work was hook it up with a cheap hobbyking booster to the rx. Solder the red wire of a servo tail to the eac positive. Plug that into a booster cap and to the rx. An rx pack would also work.
This overrides the swirch too so only need one wire off the esc.
I also had to set the lipo cutoff to no protection mode.

Now, whether its worthwhile to use his esc is another story. I just could not keep pace tonight. Lst year running a tekin rs and 17.5 reedy with boost i could stay in the top 3. This year, 13.5 blinky i just could bot get on the pace at all. Two laps down lol.

I dont think 40 amps is enough but ill try it again. I had similar top speed but not nearly the grunt. Had my reey mach 2 rolling out about he same as a d3.5 with similar rotor and timing and coming off 45degrees hotter lol.
Ill try some different settings next time.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

You have to understand...there are at least 2 type of 12th scale or WGT racing....one is BLINKY no timing (stock) and the other is MOD....there are no ESC in this world can be used without software loading for BOTH classes, you must have to use the right software for the right class to be legal (and fast)....
I understand 100%, I wasn't trying to fuss I was hoping someone would say hey man I have one, as no one around here locally does. I ran them yesterday along with my Reventon Pro 1.1 and couldn't be happier. Power delivery is awesome and the DRRS scales very well. Overall I'm very happy, I'm still after a programming card for the GT2.1 EX though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.