Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 12:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
Should not snap it on the first place huh Welly? how`s Bandung?
Hey bro, I think it's better to delete the attachment off. Don't want other people to complain later on. Cheers.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:31 AM

Originally posted by InitialD
But I do agree that coatings on the crankshaft and crank pin is definitely a plus. KHM does that also I believe.
No doubt, I tought what he asked is subjected to JP engine being last longer than standard engine. Crankcase will definetely more durable not to mention it last longer because of better balance resulting from hand selected fitment as well.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:14 AM

Hey bro, I think it's better to delete the attachment off. Don't want other people to complain later on. Cheers.
You're right bro, hopes it isn't too late
Old 06-09-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pyramid
Nothing at all.. just really awfull

...since `Redsand` just about to have a heart attack, picture has been deleted ...so there will be more Serpent users in Indonesia (j/k)
you know what bro, i was having a big mac with extra cheese & mayonnaise when i saw the attachment. i almost puked to be honest. and i didnt wanna screw anything that might get myself turned off since i'm gonna get laid right after i get out of the office.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Mazda 6

D,

My next post is the response I got from Protoform regarding the the Mazda 6 body and it's wing.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Mazda 6

This body is designed primarily to be effective on short tracks that are "low-bite" or when rubber tires are being used on carpet.

-This body is made to fit ROAR rules. However when height rules are not rigidly enforced. It can be trimmed to fit lower over chassis. The ride of the body is extremely critical when racing on a high traction track or a high-speed track. Always mount the body as low as is legal in those situations. For short slick tracks. it is less critical.

-The Protoform Mazda 6 body has a longer than usual wing stands molded into the rear deck. This allows the wing to be mounted in a forward or aft position with the supplied screws. On short tight tracks the wing should be mounted in a forward position with all the lexan still intact in the "kick-up" part of the wing. Extra "add-on" spill plated on the outside edges of the wing are not necessary on short tight tracks. A wing with large spill plates and mounted too far to the rear will hinder the car from rotating quickly on tight tracks. For larger high bite tracks the wing can be mounted rear-ward and the "kick-up trimmed down to help straight away speeds and stability.

-The Mazda 6 wing supplied has 2 trim lines marked. the smaller, lower trim line is for ROAR and IFMAR sanctioned racing events. Keep in mind, the small the track and the lower the speed, the larger the wing should be. On tracks with high-speed "sweepers" and long straights, the wing should be further back, and slightly smaller with large spill plates for stability.

-Molded into the front wheel-openings you will notice 2 optional "inner" spill-plates. After careful trimming, these pieces can be mounted into the rear win with Shoe-Goo, servo tape or the supplied screws/nuts (ass seen on the proline web site). These spill plates can be located directly over the wing stands or wherever they are found to be most effective. The inner spill plates are to make the rear wing slightly more efficient.

-Handling Balance is the key to quick lap times, so don't be afraid to experiment with the actual "body location". Sometimes mount the body forward or aft as little as 1/8 of an inch will be helpful in dialing in the perfect set-up and making your race car easier to drive consistently.

-Don't be afraid to experiment. Remember "Nothing ventured = Nothing gained!"
Old 06-09-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm assuming that the "Kick-up" part that they are talking about is the slots on the wing that we were talking about a few pages back.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Mazda 6

Originally posted by PSI Racing
This body is designed primarily to be effective on short tracks that are "low-bite" or when rubber tires are being used on carpet.

-This body is made to fit ROAR rules. However when height rules are not rigidly enforced. It can be trimmed to fit lower over chassis. The ride of the body is extremely critical when racing on a high traction track or a high-speed track. Always mount the body as low as is legal in those situations. For short slick tracks. it is less critical.

-The Protoform Mazda 6 body has a longer than usual wing stands molded into the rear deck. This allows the wing to be mounted in a forward or aft position with the supplied screws. On short tight tracks the wing should be mounted in a forward position with all the lexan still intact in the "kick-up" part of the wing. Extra "add-on" spill plated on the outside edges of the wing are not necessary on short tight tracks. A wing with large spill plates and mounted too far to the rear will hinder the car from rotating quickly on tight tracks. For larger high bite tracks the wing can be mounted rear-ward and the "kick-up trimmed down to help straight away speeds and stability.

-The Mazda 6 wing supplied has 2 trim lines marked. the smaller, lower trim line is for ROAR and IFMAR sanctioned racing events. Keep in mind, the small the track and the lower the speed, the larger the wing should be. On tracks with high-speed "sweepers" and long straights, the wing should be further back, and slightly smaller with large spill plates for stability.

-Molded into the front wheel-openings you will notice 2 optional "inner" spill-plates. After careful trimming, these pieces can be mounted into the rear win with Shoe-Goo, servo tape or the supplied screws/nuts (ass seen on the proline web site). These spill plates can be located directly over the wing stands or wherever they are found to be most effective. The inner spill plates are to make the rear wing slightly more efficient.

-Handling Balance is the key to quick lap times, so don't be afraid to experiment with the actual "body location". Sometimes mount the body forward or aft as little as 1/8 of an inch will be helpful in dialing in the perfect set-up and making your race car easier to drive consistently.

-Don't be afraid to experiment. Remember "Nothing ventured = Nothing gained!"

Thanks PSI I got my new 6 last week so I will use the tips stated above
Old 06-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Post mazda 6

i just recently used the mazda 6 and i had fun with this body is pretty stable in sweepers and fast chicanes but to do this had to experiment on moving the body forward ... and also moving the wing like PSI stated in his post ... the body has a nuetral feel to it and sometimes its to stable and feels somewhat lazy... but just find the right setting for it and you'll have fun...

has anyone tried the alfa romeo losi body? some info please?

Last edited by BIBOY; 06-09-2004 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

How many times do we need to repeat this?

What we use is a servo extender. This servo extender connects to the receiver and the other end of the servo extender connects to the receiver battery pack. Just unplug the receiver battery connector from the servo extender plug to switch off and plug it to switch on.

I convert the female plug of the extension, as well as the Rx battery to dean's micro plug. they are much durable then servo plug
Old 06-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Default about hand Mod.

The 2106 should be standard NovaMega. KHM version would be hand modified. MS version (like JP versions of the NSR) would be factory modified.

Since JP came out with their own line of FX engines like RB and NovaMega (unlike in the old days when they get Novarossi engines and work on them), I would not know the distinction between hand modified, factory modified or standard engine anymore. Well, one can argue that the piston liner and everything (except maybe the carb) is the same coming from the Novarossi mill like RB and NovaMega...
Hi i have to jump in to this about hand modified motors .
some brands sell modified motors like Nova MS these are all factory build .
JP engines are not that, JP is a small company who build and check all there engines.
each by hand Jean Paul is doining this already a long time.
and now its the first time he has a crankcase with his name on it.
that does not mean there factory build.
but that means a complete different crankcase made by Nova but his own design.
in the facory in France there selected and build.
just to let you know.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: mazda 6

Originally posted by BIBOY
i just recently used the mazda 6 and i had fun with this body is pretty stable in sweepers and fast chicanes but to do this had to experiment on moving the body forward ... and also moving the wing like PSI stated in his post ... the body has a nuetral feel to it and sometimes its to stable and feels somewhat lazy... but just find the right setting for it and you'll have fun...

has anyone tried the alfa romeo losi body? some info please?
Yes i have absolute a good body for short tracks very quick out of the corner
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-losi-alfa-200mm.jpg  
Old 06-09-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally posted by FW05R
the problem I am expecting from the composite shock bodies is that the thread will eventually wear out from adjusting the shock tension
I have been running the composite shock bodies on both of my Impulse pros and never had a problem. The only reason that I am running the aluminum bodies is because I had bought them to try them on one of the impulses. There really is no notice able difference that I have found. So don't over analyze the car build it as it is and enjoy. As far as the switch I mounted it on top of the steering servo but you can use the method that most of the guy's use.I just prefer the switch. You can get the ko propo electric switch like what Glenn Cauley uses. There are many options.So enjoy .
Old 06-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

hi guys i have a question?

i have bee running my 710 lately and its has been fun... but last night when ran out on the track i was surprised that the car was hooking to the left when i enter the chicanes and in sudden turning what could be wrong?

Last edited by BIBOY; 06-09-2004 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Losi Afa is what I like the best.....
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-112-1288_img.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.