Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

Default Need Engine

I'm thinking about getting 2105 turbo NovaMega engine until i get the 2106. I'm desperate to race. The hobby super store has some in stock.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Tweak Station & Scale

Originally posted by markp27
Don't bother getting a tweak station/board - they don't work - again see the FAQ where Julius showed us why they don't work. The only method that really works is the lifting method. But make sure you do it on a very flat surface (i.e. the Hudy board) that is perfectly even and level - I actually you the spirit level from my MIP tweak station for this it's the only part worth using
Well, if you already have bought and have the tweak station due to ignorance , you can still make use of it.

Put the car on the tweak station. Say if you want to check the tweak on the rear wheels, instead of putting the front wheels on the fixed beam, suspend those front wheels by putting a block (like the droop gauge block) on the front part of the chassis so that none of the front wheels are touching the fixed beam. You will get a truer tweak on the rear wheels you intend to check from the level bubble gauge.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default centaxIII clutch shoe duration?

What life-span are you guys getting out of the round (one piece) clutch shoe?

The 3 centrifugal shoes seem to last 3 times as much as the XP (which is very understandable since they don't have nearly as much friction)

Is it something to change every race , 2 races, or is it me ?
Old 04-28-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: centaxIII clutch shoe duration?

Originally posted by cox049
Is it something to change every race , 2 races, or is it me ?
I don't know if it's something wrong with me but I never had to change the clutch shoes... All this while, it's the same clutch shoe I put in the car.

Why are you changing them? Because of wear? Did the clutch shoe melt? Perhaps your clutch is slipping very badly.

Did you mod the flyweights? What are your clutch settings? I assume your engine is tuned right.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by BaxterC
Hmmm, Dadio... I dont think you will be that bored... I think you will be rather busy.... Remember the Cigars.

Ya i realized i will not be that bored with both my hands full. left hand, baby, right hand, milk bottle.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations

Originally posted by markp27
No, the FAQ is now on the 710 download page! Serpent liked the hints and tips that all you guys have contributed to. Ronald Baar asked if he could place it on the 710's download page and there it is
Congratulation Mark P. that FAQ is my frequent guideline now. you deserve a pat on the back. and get new serpent kit. we support u.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

guys can you give tips on how to set up on a cement track or tips or were can i start?
Old 04-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rice
guys can you give tips on how to set up on a cement track or tips or were can i start?
just from my experience....i usually start with the stock, out of box, setup. with all those the same, i change the foam tires to rubber tires. we ever had a GP race on cement and the rubber tires works fine compares to foam.

someone may want to add to this.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Default Where can I get a 710?

OK I've searched everywhere.......! A few lhs here in northern CA are "serpent dealers" but none of them carry any serpent cars. Actually none of them even carry any replacement parts. I have finally decided on a nitro TC after reading many posts and doing many searches and lots of research. From reading some posts here I already knew the 710 would be the hardest to get but are they really almost impossible to find? I hope I've just been looking in the wrong places because I really want one. I went to the RCX hoping to buy one there but of course Seprent wasn't selling anything at the show. They gave me some lit there on where to buy their stuff but I misplaced it. Any info would be great. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jfc_tech
just from my experience....i usually start with the stock, out of box, setup. with all those the same, i change the foam tires to rubber tires. we ever had a GP race on cement and the rubber tires works fine compares to foam.

someone may want to add to this.
bro thanks for some tips. i'll start with this and i'll try it.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rice
bro thanks for some tips. i'll start with this and i'll try it.
i was using Sorex 40R with hard inserts. the 36R is easily worn out.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Where can I get a 710?

Originally posted by j240z
OK I've searched everywhere.......! A few lhs here in northern CA are "serpent dealers" but none of them carry any serpent cars. Actually none of them even carry any replacement parts. I have finally decided on a nitro TC after reading many posts and doing many searches and lots of research. From reading some posts here I already knew the 710 would be the hardest to get but are they really almost impossible to find? I hope I've just been looking in the wrong places because I really want one. I went to the RCX hoping to buy one there but of course Seprent wasn't selling anything at the show. They gave me some lit there on where to buy their stuff but I misplaced it. Any info would be great. Thanks!
Try www.rc-mushroom.com they have some and heaps of spares too!

Hope you get one soon you dont know how much fun you are missing
Old 04-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Tweak Station & Scale

Originally posted by InitialD
Well, if you already have bought and have the tweak station due to ignorance , you can still make use of it.

Put the car on the tweak station. Say if you want to check the tweak on the rear wheels, instead of putting the front wheels on the fixed beam, suspend those front wheels by putting a block (like the droop gauge block) on the front part of the chassis so that none of the front wheels are touching the fixed beam. You will get a truer tweak on the rear wheels you intend to check from the level bubble gauge.
That is how I set the tweak on all my cars
Old 04-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

yea...i second to that....u missed big time if u didn't get the serpent 710 ASAP(As Soon As Possible)
Old 04-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hi guys

Originally posted by Paolo M
Seems that you have a Crystal ball
We are thinking to go testing again around July. Still not sure thougth..... This year WC will be very ineteresting. So many manufacturers....... and our car so good

Do you like your 710?
Like D, I was using the force

Believe it or not, I still haven't driven the 710 I wanted to last weekend, but then found out that there was a race meeting at my clubs track Work is holding me off this week, but at the weekend it should be all systems go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.