Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Steven Key....hey...i'd be interested in that too....for $100....hwo much for shipping to texas? do you accept pay pal?
Old 02-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

thesuper Steven Key....hey...i'd be interested in that too....for $100....hwo much for shipping to texas? do you accept pay pal?
Sorry thesuper,

I sold the car and it's on it's way to a new home in Hawaii.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks, Steven! I can't wait till the car arrives. I hope you're okay with the deal we made.

Sorry, guys I bought the car from Steven for parts. I'm buying an unused one from the owner of my local hobby shop. I'll see how many of these TA03's the owner is planning to sell. He is a friend and has several of these built but unused with hop-ups from Kose, Cross, Kawada, Racetech, Tamiya, Integy, Trinity, & Tobee Racecraft. These were his display cars and in the past he would never sell any of these, so I'll see if he's planning to sell more than one. If anything, he'll probably post it on E-bay, so I'll give you guys the heads up if he does. He won't be asking for much as he isn't the greedy type.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks, Steven! I can't wait till the car arrives. I hope you're okay with the deal we made.
We're cool, we made a deal and I'm fine with it.
The car shipped Tuesday so it should be arriving pretty soon.
It will be kind of like Christmas.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Hi, guys, the owner of my local hobby shop said that he will be selling all of his TA03's except two. Since he is renovating, it will be about a month or so before he puts them up on E-Bay. I keep you guys posted.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrxnfx
fabulousRC, I may be interested, but what do you have, how much are you asking, and do you have any photos?
eh...I know it's been awhile and I read that you probably already bought one elsewhere but here are the details sans the pictures (I think I took some before I just didn't remember where I put it):
1. Two cars:
(1) TA03F Pro: Original chassis and gearbox. Lots scratches from use but never raced. The original user broke off the aluminum motor mount but I bought a new one one that doesn't use the aluminum heatsink cover. Driveshafts are GPM CVDs. I think I only ran it once after installing them. I will leave the Futaba S3003 steering servo in it. No body and all the body mounts had been cutoff to a specific ride height. Used wheels and tires will be included as well. I will look if I have new spare Tamiya wheels in my stash.
(1) TA03R TRF clone. Why clone? Because the guy put it together with all kinds of parts from his spares for this TA03R. It does come with the optional TRF double deck chassis, the gold shocks, and the gold servo mounts, however, the front and the rear gearbox does not color match (and I haven't bother to replace them either, I do have the spare black ones though). The front left upper linkage mount broke on the previous shock tower during its maiden race (it was an awkward angle hit but I was able to finish the race, third because the second place car hit me for no reason) so I replaced it with anything that is available on my bin that fit which turned out to be TA03F rear shock tower so the front end now sits lower that it supposed to. I never ran it after that race either. It will come with some used medial pros wheels and tires. I was told that (either) the front hub carrier or the rear carrier and the steering system is made by GPM. It comes with battery bay quick change system. It also comes with Tamiya universals in the front and the blue lightweight ones in the back. I also have the rear wide conversion kit in the parts bin.
-A couple of bags of various spare parts, drive shafts, and pulleys.

Photos is coming up soon...as soon as I can "borrow" it from my sister.

I haven't figure out much about price shipped yet...cuz maybe I should put this one on the For Sale thread instead of here...
Old 02-25-2006, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

I did by the one from Steven Key which wasn't an exact TRF version due to some very minor things, but the deal we made was well worth it since I was buying it for parts. You'd probably have to sell it really cheap for me to consider buying another one. I'm waiting for the owner of my local hobby shop to get his to sell. His are not used and were displays in his personal collection.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrxnfx
I did by the one from Steven Key which wasn't an exact TRF version due to some very minor things, but the deal we made was well worth it since I was buying it for parts. You'd probably have to sell it really cheap for me to consider buying another one. I'm waiting for the owner of my local hobby shop to get his to sell. His are not used and were displays in his personal collection.
If the "cheap" you are thinking about is as cheap I was thinking about, no, I can't go that low but this is for everyone not just for you anyway.

The final price will be shipped price for sure.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Wow!!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Initiate

I just had to buy one...

It's a TA03F Pro with 'drift' wheels and tyres.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

I haven't tried drifting my TA03 with the front motor setup because of the limited body choices due to the motor being in the front. However, with the rear setup, I've used ball diffs front & back with the front one-way shaft and it seems to drift nice. I would imagine that the "F" wouldn't need the front one-way at all. It drifts almost as well as my TL01 w/ hopups.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Oh, I forgot. The greatest news about this is the availability of parts, again. Yipee!!! My LHS said that Tamiya USA is blowing out all of their TA03R parts, but the TA03F parts are still the same price.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Which bodies can't be used with the 'F' version? I'd imagine ones with a very low bonnet but I have not had this problem yet.

I bought the drift one cause it cost me half the price of my pleb edition TA03F. With a ball diff in Australia costing Au$50, and the FRP chassis anywhere from Au$50-$90, you could say I paid for 2 ball diffs and the chassis and had the rest of the car thrown in!

The dorifto spec one will be hopped up to the level of the old TA03 and then put on the shelf with everything else. I may buy another to leave stock.

Last edited by Manuel; 04-07-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:36 AM
Tech Addict

Nice 03's!!! If you don't run the Tamiya front bumper, I guess you wouldn't have a problem with too many bodies. I know back in the day, Tamiya used to advertise that the low sloping bodies wouldn't fit on the F. I couldn't use the Tamiya Lancer EVO IV body or HPI WRX on the F with the front bumper. But if you're not using the foam bumper, you should have a wider variety of bodies to choose from.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Ah ok, that makes sense. I purchases a fair bit of foam identical to what most aftermarket bumpers are made of and I trim it to size. Thats why the 'thrasher' 03 has a slightly modded bumper.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.