Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 03:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by TryHard
Sorry guys, looks like my webspace it MIA at the moment, so the pic link won't work.
I'll let you know when (if?) it returns
Regards
Ed
Ok I think this was my end... for some reason the router I connect through was blocking access to my site.... v.strange.

Obsidan, I have this one up now as well, should be ok for std arms.

Carpet base (STD arms)

Ed
Old 09-28-2004, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Default Parts support

Hey Try Hard,

I was wondering how you found the parts support in the UK for this car? Good / Bad? do you get all your parts from America? Im thinking about getting this car for the British Indoor Winter Series in Sheffield and i didnt want to break something and then struggle to repair it. What spares would you carry? and also what hop up parts would you advise buying when i buy the kit.

thanks in advance
Old 09-28-2004, 04:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

well I'll be running mine at the winter series anyway, had been racing up there at don valley pretty regularly before I moved back to uni.

Parts supply in the uk.... simply put, it's a joke. There is pretty much no support over here, I've mainly been getting my parts from speedtechrc (in the US), or rainbow ten (in Japan). To be honest there as quick as any uk shop, plus a bit cheaper.
Hopefully it won't put you off the 415 though, it is an awesome car.
When I was looking to buy a new one, it ended up a toss up betweent he Xray FK and the 415. I went for the 415, mainly to be different, as there are so many X-rays around now (especially oop north). However it is just as good as the Xray, if not faster, and I was able to try this the other day, as I tested an Mi2, Xray Fk, and my 415 back to back. All were as quick as each other, the mi2 a little more reluctant to turn in initally (but that might be because it was running a diff and not 1-way), but the between the FK and 415, there was nothing to choose.

Spare parts, hmm. The only bits i've broken in 3 months are one front wishbone and one alu ball joint (and some bent hinge-pins ans suspension blocks, but I know the cause of that, and it was user error, not a part breakage). So it's tough. Just get the usual (spare arms, hub carriers etc).

Hop-ups, I would recomend getting hold of a lwt arm set (it deffiently feels quicker in my eyes), but I think they are very difficult to get hold of atm.
Apart from that, I would deffiently get the locked centre pulley and a spool (both avaliable from speedtech) as the grip at DV can be pretty low to start with. You might want to look into trying to make a diff (see earlier in this thread), but I can't comment on it as I haven't (yet) bothered.

Hope it helps, and cya at the winter series.

Ed

Last edited by TryHard; 09-28-2004 at 04:57 AM.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: TRF415 MS

Originally posted by JRRobiso
Greetings fellow 415ers!

Quick question. Does anybody have any details on the next follow-up chassis Tamiya's coming out later called the ''TRF415 MS"?

Any info will be appreciated.
I just know the Basics`
415 kit with short arm conversion and some of the hop-ups that came out for the 415.... I`ll have more info this weekend after the Hobby Show in Tokyo

now if you want some real news...wait till next year when you see the 416... ... and it will not be a joint effort with TECH Racing..... .. and "Mark my Words" I have a really good sorce for this info.... and Tamiya Japan is already making Prototype parts... thats all I can say for now
-Dave
Old 09-28-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Is this right?? SHORT ARM CONVERSION????

Thanks

Alan
Old 09-28-2004, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by alan1467
Is this right?? SHORT ARM CONVERSION????

Thanks

Alan
Sorry...Japanese Drivers call the EVO4 sus arms short due to the width

Sorry thats what I meant to say
-Dave
Old 09-28-2004, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Greetings fellow 415ers!

Quick question. Does anybody have any details on the next follow-up chassis Tamiya's coming out later called the ''TRF415 MS"?

Tamiya's web site mentioned the heat sink beam comes standard as well as a 2.5mm (instead of 3mm) chassis. I wonder if this is the same chassis as the tech chassis which is very very stiff.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Jeff/Razzo My bearings seemed fine but I was going to order some extras from Acer. I was also thinking of getting another diff or at least some parts, what did you have dan order? I'll talk to you later.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

How's the 415 on the rug? I saw one at a local shop and it was AWESOME.

Blake
Old 09-28-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Sorry...Japanese Drivers call the EVO4 sus arms short due to the width

Sorry thats what I meant to say
-Dave
I though it was the Ta04 SS arms
Old 09-28-2004, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Greetings fellow 415ers!

Ask Fred why it's called the "MS" and he'll be happy to tell you that it stands for the "Medel Special" that he ran and won with at the KO Grand Prix
Old 09-28-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

4) I've included the tyres/inserts I've been running too, should add they being coated with LRP Blue Factor additive before each round. At the local club it seems either T27's or CS22's are the most popular (with the T27's being a control tyre for the upcoming Carpet wars over here). I'm running the Sorexs, mainly cause I can't be bothered to change to the others, at it deffiently seems they can hold their own.

Regards
Ed
Have you tried sorex 28r with JB blue inserts? They are widely used here in scandinavia and germany and gives great grip. You have to use tyre additive though and there are many oderless to choose from. Main advantage of the JB inserts is that they only weight 4 grams for the whole set, great for stockracing
Old 09-28-2004, 09:40 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes the JB blue inserts are widely used here on carpet. But I have heard now there are new onepiece JB inserts. Did you try these also?
Old 09-28-2004, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Default TRF415 MS

Thanks to those for the info re the TRF415 MS. Will pretty much keep my current 415 w/ std arms & some of the hop-up parts that came out months ago.

Most likely will just stick w/ the TRF chassis line-up since I already have the 414M as a start. Can't wait to see what the TRF416 would look like as mentioned by JDM_DOHC_SiR (Dave) w/c will come out next year.

Old 09-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ok I think this was my end... for some reason the router I connect through was blocking access to my site.... v.strange.

Obsidan, I have this one up now as well, should be ok for std arms.

Carpet base (STD arms)

Ed
Thanks for the set-up Tryhard. What positions did you run the wheel base in? i.e. spacer position.

Cheerz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.