Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default charging...

AZ_Ron:

for the money i think the Reedy Quasar Pro is an excellent charger...it has a ton of features and still keeps the costs down compared to some other more expensive chargers.

charges: 0.1 - 6.5A
discharges :0.1-20.0A
2mV-20mV, Delta-peak detection cutoff

you can find the Quasar Pro for $179.00

it can't charge 2 at one time though...i don't think anything of quality under 200 can charge 2 (6) cell packs at a time.

i use it to charge my Fukuyama Racing cells and have had great success. usually for the racing i charge at 5 - 6amps for best results.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

I recommend a Turbo GFX and or the KO charger. Both are excellent chargers. The GFX does quite a bit more, but is 3x's the $$$.

As for charging: 6 amps for stock with an .04 and 5 amps for mod with an .03 and only one repeak at same charge rate.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have both the GFX and Reedy quasar pro, both are excelent chargers
Old 10-02-2003, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: FUKUYAMA DECALS

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Guys!, just wanted you to know that our FR Fukuyama Racing decals have arrived! yeeeeeeeehawwww! anyway, please email [email protected] for your decals and will have to ship out. Thanks again for your support!

Ooooh! Stickers! Yeah!

</fanboy>

My cells should be here tomorrow. I only hope I can get a new charger by the next race. Daniel- Thoughts on the MRC 969 (pro model in black)?

-dave
Old 10-02-2003, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: FUKUYAMA DECALS

Originally posted by dpaton
My cells should be here tomorrow. I only hope I can get a new charger by the next race. Daniel- Thoughts on the MRC 969 (pro model in black)?

-dave
Doesn't that only charge at 4.5 amps max? Discharge at 3 amps. That's pretty low since we match at 6 amps charge and discharge at 30.

Here's its specs
Cell range: 1-8 cells
Charge rate: 0.20 to 4.5 amps
Discharge rate: 0.20 to 3.0 amps
Selectable Delta V - 5mv increments
price - 100 bucks.

MRC's also get hot and false peaks a lot.

If you are looking for a ac/dc charger I would suggest the quasar or quasar pro.

What is your charger budget? We can go from there.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: FUKUYAMA DECALS

Originally posted by John Fontaine
MRC's also get hot and false peaks a lot.

If you are looking for a ac/dc charger I would suggest the quasar or quasar pro.

What is your charger budget? We can go from there.
That's what I was afraid of. I guess there's a reason I don't see them at the track...

I'm actually just trying to find a reasonably cheap charger for NiMH cells. DC is fine, I have a serious 13V supply available. The specs on the 969 looked so good I just got hopeful I guess. I've been looking at both the Quasar Pro and the Comp. Elec. Pitbull for new chargers, and been debating the firmware upgraded Tekin BC112s and Turbo30/35s in the used market. Budget is as small as possible while still charging things well, which is proving to be a challenge. I've been shooting for under $150, but I'm not very happy with that i've seen in that arena.

I actually have plans for a very nice charger on the drawing board, but I won't be able to get it built and tested any time soon, so...

-dave
Old 10-02-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

I have found that DC only chargers offer more versitility in charging options. If not going for a brand new CE 35BL or gfx, there are many good chargers under the 200 dollar range. DC only I like the CE pitbull and also the LRP pulsar are great chargers. They're small cause they do not need a AC/DC converter built in and that's why the quasar pro is so big.

I have learned, more you spend upfront, the less you will have to spend replacing it. I have learned that the hard way buying an Integy 16x3 pro 2.5 cause at the time it was all I needed in a charger. Now that im much more serious, I had to spend money again for a quasar pro and that didn't have all the options i needed so I had to spend another 400 bucks on a GFX. Now I have all I need, but knowing all this info back then I wouldn't have purchased the integy and saved me money in the long run.

If your buying outstanding cells from Fukuyama than you want to have a nice charger to give you the best results from the cells along with protecting your investments.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Default charger...

dp.

you can find Quasar Pro's on ebay or messageboards for easily ounder $150. i'll have mine at the track tonight if you want to see it....euge has a LRP Pulsar also.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Believe me, I know. In my past life as an employed electrical engineer, I designed power management systems for mobile electronics (among other things), and NiMH and Li-Ion care were my two top priorities

I've only shied away from the GFX because of the cost of entry. Unemployment doesn't pay very well. I scraped for months to buy my XXX-S, so dropping $400 on a charger isn't really an option for me right now, much to my chagrin.

I'm thinking that the Pitbull might be the way for me to go new. Thoughts on the Novak Mill. Pro? I can eBay one of them for half of the Pitbull, and the feature set looks comparable...

-dave
Old 10-02-2003, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: charger...

Originally posted by Nexus
dp.

you can find Quasar Pro's on ebay or messageboards for easily ounder $150. i'll have mine at the track tonight if you want to see it....euge has a LRP Pulsar also.
Actually I handled one at Venture a couple of days ago, but aven't given it much thought since. It does 1 cell charging, yes?

-dave
Old 10-02-2003, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Opinions on chargers

For me-the Millenium Pro seems to take longer to charge a GP3300 battery than my LRP Pulsar. It is also not too ntuitive to use-but who cares when its yours-right??

I owned the Pitbull-but for a lttle more I knew I could buy a LRP Pulsar and get the other motor run functions, etc.
I sold the Pitbull-though it worked just fine and bought the Pulsar.

IT charges fast-reliably and yu can charge the charge rate mid-charge-which I have used sad;ly too many times lately. You know-Uh-OH Race is in 10 minutes and I am not halfway charged yet!!!

The ultimate set-up for me would be the T35GFX sitting next to my Pulsar.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

I'd love to have a pair of CE chargers...any one of 'em really, but my budget is closer to Pitbull terratory. I'll look around some...

-dave
Old 10-02-2003, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Dave,

Good luck with what you choose. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Default pit.

dp...checkout KTHobbies for some pretty good prices on chargers. they have the Pitbull for 134.

alot of guys from Venture order from that site with great success.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

For what its worth.

I'm a matcher and I run both the GFX and a pitbull. At one time I lugged around two GFX which was huge and combersome and found the pitbull to charge just a tad slower then the GFX at the same ampage for some odd reason. But it does the job fine and uses the same charging sequence as the GFX. I suspect it has the older T35 chip but works fine and charges nicely.

As you're saying since you're a EE, you might want to built a nice adjustable discharge from 20, 25, 30 amps and include a voltage regulator on the discharger so when you're discharging your packs, you can at the same time run a motor or lathe. I assume it wouldn't cost you more than $50 to built one and it'll have features just like the GFX or close to it. Hope this helps.

Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.