Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Team Orion

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Saw an ad in XRC says that the 2400 Lipo is ROAR approved, but it's not showing on the ROAR site anywhere. Who's right?

Trying to nail this down, as we depend on ROAR insurance for our track (on state land) and want to ensure that it's usable for us.

Paul
Old 03-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Gweed, trust us.....we went through the same thing as you did not too long ago. Even us team drivers dont always get the nice end of the stick. We had a bad batch of 10.5's (they werent slow, but they were blowing up) at the ROAR Offroad Nats and I ended up not having a motor to run (had to switch back to brushed 19T) . Unfortunately, if it isnt for us having the issues with version 1, then the better version would not be out.

Not sure why your Version 1 motors are "soo much slower" than the 09 models, because my 08's were fast. They just werent lasting. Sometimes, when fixing one problem, you encounter a "better" way of doing something and you end up with better product. I heard Trinity recently released the Pulse motor a while back to replace the Duo motors (and discontinued the Duo), but the Pulse wasnt getting good reviews (this is what I heard from a local motor guy). I noticed on Trinity's website that it looks like the Duo is available again and the Pulse says Available Soon. I'm sure that there were some Duo owners that got rid of there motors to find that the Pulse wasnt as good. Sometimes technology has to go backwards to be able to advance forward and produce a better product. And unfortunately, sometimes the customers end up as the "testers".

Remember brushed motors? Not soo long ago, you payed for a motor not knowing for sure how fast or slow it will be or could be. Not too mention that they are "disposable", eventually you'll end up throwing it away.

Anyways, just give ORION customer service a call..it never hurts to ask. They may be able to help. You never know. Hope you can stick with the Orion stuff, the new motors are really good
Old 03-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
Gweed, trust us.....we went through the same thing as you did not too long ago. Even us team drivers dont always get the nice end of the stick. We had a bad batch of 10.5's (they werent slow, but they were blowing up) at the ROAR Offroad Nats and I ended up not having a motor to run (had to switch back to brushed 19T) . Unfortunately, if it isnt for us having the issues with version 1, then the better version would not be out.

Not sure why your Version 1 motors are "soo much slower" than the 09 models, because my 08's were fast. They just werent lasting. Sometimes, when fixing one problem, you encounter a "better" way of doing something and you end up with better product. I heard Trinity recently released the Pulse motor a while back to replace the Duo motors (and discontinued the Duo), but the Pulse wasnt getting good reviews (this is what I heard from a local motor guy). I noticed on Trinity's website that it looks like the Duo is available again and the Pulse says Available Soon. I'm sure that there were some Duo owners that got rid of there motors to find that the Pulse wasnt as good. Sometimes technology has to go backwards to be able to advance forward and produce a better product. And unfortunately, sometimes the customers end up as the "testers".

Remember brushed motors? Not soo long ago, you payed for a motor not knowing for sure how fast or slow it will be or could be. Not too mention that they are "disposable", eventually you'll end up throwing it away.

Anyways, just give ORION customer service a call..it never hurts to ask. They may be able to help. You never know. Hope you can stick with the Orion stuff, the new motors are really good
thanx bro i want to stay with orion products i like the disposable sensor wire in stead of sending it back when it goes bad like the novak. i like the power and smoothness of my original peak motor and just hoped this one would be better i guess ill buy a new one and send that one back when i get it. it just sux that i wasted 200$ i guess you live and you learn ill never buy a motor when its brand new again.

remember those brushed motors. that sucked. never want to run brushed motors and nimh batts again.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Where's my dogs at???? We should be sharing more info than what's been shared so far Let's get out there and make it happen
Old 03-15-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

is thier any talks of new lipos for 09? maybe a 5000 30c or 35c.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gweed
is thier any talks of new lipos for 09? maybe a 5000 30c or 35c.
There doesn't seem to be much talk of any kind right now I'll try to get to the bottom of things once Joe get's back if he isn't turning right back around to go to the carpet nats.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

cool cause i trust those kokam cells hell i have 6 of them and it seems that smc is getting a lock on the lipo buis right now. a reciever pack would be cool also i just dont trust the protek one i have now and the last thing i want is my m11 to go up in smoke
Old 03-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys. how do you tell the difference between version 1 and version 2. i have to order a 13.5, a 10.5, and a 7.5 for outdoor season and i want to make sure i get the version 2 motors thanx
Old 03-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

i think they stopped making the v1 dont quote me but i think it was a manufacture screw up so they just labled it v1 and the correct one was v2 which your lhs should be able to order
Old 03-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gweed
i think they stopped making the v1 dont quote me but i think it was a manufacture screw up so they just labled it v1 and the correct one was v2 which your lhs should be able to order
thanx gweed. i know my 17.5 says 2008 vortex on the box. i assume this is version 2 or are they supposed to be 2009 vortex.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The V1 had no marking for the Motor turn.
The V2 has the marking on the end bell just above the sensor.
The V3 hes the marking on the bottom of the can.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
Yes !
Old 03-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
There is a v3? Wtf. Whats the diff?
Old 03-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

they arent listing a v3 in the 2009 catalog. only vortex 2008 race. can someone give me part #s thanx i appreciate it
Old 03-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
they arent listing a v3 in the 2009 catalog. only vortex 2008 race. can someone give me part #s thanx i appreciate it
there is no v3.. we just call it a v3 cause its the updated v2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.