Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

3 years of running NTC3 (sold NTC3, buy 710, sold 710, buy back NTC3) I have to believe NTC3 is alittle bit "OLD" related to the latest RC technology....not sure I will sell it cause it will worth close to NOTHING...but it is still a good car as a back up car in any TRACK in any condiiton....

Yes...MTX4 is just too good...........never want to be a MUGEN but its time to admit that MTX4 is the winning car right now, still have hope for the new Serpent (next month, 710 will be 2 years old....gonna be a new car coming), but I forgot where I heard this front (over ASIA like China where NTC3 are made)....next Spring, Hello NTC4....again, rumor...every year I heard NTC4 are coming....but cannot tell you what year, may be 2008 or 2009....
Old 09-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by soc123_au
I am only unloading mine as I need more top end at larger tracks. With the worlds being next year I need to change now to get a bit of track time with a new set up. The Nationals are a month away so that will be a good start to see how it goes. The NTC3 is still the best short/carpark track car on the market by a mile. Looks like I will be in the 710 forum soon
I've just reluctantly sold my NTC3. I definately agree that this is THE BEST short track car on the market. I've just switched to an MTX-3 Prospec and and loving this car also. It's just a little teaser before they release the MTX-4 prospec.

soc, go a Mugen mate!
Old 09-27-2005, 07:12 PM

The hobby has died way down my town I have to drive 120 miles to race and then theres only 4 or 5 gas sedans there. My kid is growing up and real cars are more on the mind now I have a few pro street rods in process and no time much less money for both, its time to move on. I still say also that the NTC3 is the best short track made all though its what 3 or 4 years old and sorta brittle!
Bob
Old 09-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just picked up a used 710 at the right price to try out. I will wait & see how I like it before I buy a new kit & spares etc etc etc. The only killer with the Mugen is they are big bucks by the time you get it up to speed, & I cant wait until the prospec comes out. I may hang on to one NTC3 to take to the Nationals as I know I can fall back on it if the 710 is a dog. I love my MRX-3 so that is a point in Mugens favor but my 835 is a great car as well so it is hard to decide. Getting the 710 cheap made the decision easier to give it a run.
Rookie how come you sacked the 710 any major reason or pitfalls I need to be aware of.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

I also considered the 710 after my FT NTC3....it had very favourable reports from guys i knew who were racing it......but it in the end i opted to go for a RRR..simply because at the start of this year there were more parts available for it online compared to the 710.........I`m sure you wont be disappointed with its performance.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I bought both a MTX3 an the 710 when they were first released, i never liked either of them... To be honest though, i should have stuck with either of them for a bit longer but opted out.

I believe the NTC3 will be better suited for my local track then a MTX4 or the S710, once we get the black stuff it might be a different ball game again.

BB
Old 09-28-2005, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

What track do you run at Bundy??

The RRR got crossed off the list a while ago, the parts support in AU is hit & miss. I dont want to shop OS if I can avoid it. The hobby is hitting a bit of a wall at the moment for local shops & I want to buy locally to do my bit. That was the other issue with the NTC3 in Australia, I reckon I have more parts in stock than the friggen importer
Old 09-28-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Rookie how come you sacked the 710 any major reason or pitfalls I need to be aware of.
You will find out....but for me, a car with TOO MANY little option/adjustment, it is a good and bad thing, GOOD thing...yes, they are fancy and adjustable....BAD thing, is how to make those little fnacy option/adjustment work at the end...

OVerall, my NTC3, the car need to be a complete mess for me to try bad (just like our beloved 835).....but S710, it will not do good unless you spend some serious time on setting and lots of other helps....when a car required too much time on wrenching and setting, it is NOT a good car at all, at least, FOR ME, it is not as easy and simple as NTC3.

Apple to apple, I was running a R40 too...yes, car is heavier, but car is just AS GOOD as my S710, whcih I spend quite a lot of time on, and still NOT as good as I expected...

I hope the new S 710, will take a step back....back to the basic, take a look at RRR and MTX4........nothing wrong about copying, just need to copy it correctly, and make it better...........Serpent cannot afford to be the PINONEER on RC car inventor, I think they need a winning car first, easy to run and tune car.....once they get their foot back, they can get back to INVENT the new stuff....

And NTC4, should need some new idea...like F/R roll center....new engine mounting position, and new tank.......
Old 09-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What track do you run at Bundy??

The RRR got crossed off the list a while ago, the parts support in AU is hit & miss. I dont want to shop OS if I can avoid it. The hobby is hitting a bit of a wall at the moment for local shops & I want to buy locally to do my bit. That was the other issue with the NTC3 in Australia, I reckon I have more parts in stock than the friggen importer
I actually have raced for a year now...

But i would normally run at BRCCC which is at Wynnum, Brisbane. It's a tight track, but it is concrete an that is the biggest challange at the moment... If only you could those little rubber tyres to work for a whole race an not go off at the end

BB
Old 09-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
I actually have raced for a year now...

But i would normally run at BRCCC which is at Wynnum, Brisbane. It's a tight track, but it is concrete an that is the biggest challange at the moment... If only you could those little rubber tyres to work for a whole race an not go off at the end

BB
Believe it or not the Kyosho rubbers work well. We ran them at the Kyosho cup last year & I used some of the leftovers on the NTC3 & was surprised how good they were. I wasnt sure if being a cane toad you ran at Brendale.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey i was wondering if some can help me here please.... my question is can i use the carbon dog bones from my tc3 into the nitro tc3
thanks
Old 09-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by anthony390
hey i was wondering if some can help me here please.... my question is can i use the carbon dog bones from my tc3 into the nitro tc3
thanks
Holy cow!
Yes they will fit but they would rip to shreads the first or second time you jumped on the gas!
Old 09-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

seroiusly? i mean like what would realy happen
Old 09-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

They will fit, cant say I have tried them. bbntc3 might be able to answer that for you. I think he has tried pretty much all there is when it comes to this car.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

alrite thanks i just asked him

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.