Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
MP4-23
form HK customer was made 1 month

TRG type M body
&
Tech Rear Wing
http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPath=68_213
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA F103 RM-20090209_e9a675983699c70f5f6adkcvrfvsgvam_jpg_thumb.jpg   TAMIYA F103 RM-20090209_fb8c56dabebc8086d1dckykuc2sscecf_jpg_thumb.jpg  
Old 02-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

So what is the type C body? Is it going to be a group C shell or are they releasing another F1 body? I just got a 103R and I need a body for TCS, but I'm not that excited about the M-type. And I'm not going to shell out $60+ for a body off ebay that I'm going to abuse racing.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

I wonder when will Tamiya bring back their rear diffuser....
Old 02-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
by adjusters, do you mean the adjuster for the motor mount casing or the adjusters for the rear shaft?
The small oval adjusters that the axle bearings go into, and that are then inserted into the motor mount and the gear case on the other side of the rear end. So you can change the ride height with different inserts.

Are these the S Parts previously mentioned?

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Yep they are the S parts.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
That is sweet! TOO Damn nice for me to race with. I'd be afraid of ANY contact with a body painted that nice.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theDover
That is sweet! TOO Damn nice for me to race with. I'd be afraid of ANY contact with a body painted that nice.
3racing also makes an alum set.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (96%+)

Hey guys.

I just got a few parts for my F103R.

I ordered the high downforce front and rear wing set from 3Racing and I also got the TRG carbon print rear diffuser.

I mounted the wings fine, but I have a question...what body can I run with this set of wings? Does it matter or will any F1 body fit it?

Next....the diffuser. Does this mount underneath the chassis or between the chassis and motor mount? It seems to be too wide and hits the tires a bit. Should I trim it down or I am doing something wrong?

Any help would be great!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S
Hey guys.

I ordered the high downforce front and rear wing set from 3Racing and I also got the TRG carbon print rear diffuser.

I mounted the wings fine, but I have a question...what body can I run with this set of wings? Does it matter or will any F1 body fit it?

Next....the diffuser. Does this mount underneath the chassis or between the chassis and motor mount? It seems to be too wide and hits the tires a bit. Should I trim it down or I am doing something wrong?

Any help would be great!
The rear wing fits with any shell. Im not sure with the front wing tho. By the looks of it, it wouldnt fit the low nose bodies.

The Diffuser goes in between the motor mount and chassis. Yes you might have to trim the diffuser down a bit. I had to with my one.

hope that helps.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys.

i believe any body will fit. i got the TRG one and i should have waited to trim the body until i got my wings in.

Any help would be great!
i put mine between the motor mount and t bar. what i also did was made a "diffuser on the diffuser"the center part needs to be cut ot to help with motor cooling. (if you want) i did the cut out, but instead of cutting a rectangle, i did 1/2 a rectangle and folded a flap so that flap is about 1mm away fromt he motor causing the air that flows below to go up and through the ridges on the speedpassion motor.

the other option is to mount it below the tbar so you have a flat chassis bottom. i put mine so its like the best of both worlds.

see here:
side view

below view. if you look closely, you can see the bend. its only about a 1/2-3/4 inch flap.

the splatter is a little bit of grease i use on the gears to keep them a little quieter. as far as rubbing against the tires, mine doesnt. (atleast not on the 1/10 26mm wheels used ont he f103GT. once my f103lm diff parts come in, ill let you know if i got any rubbing.

i reccomend shaving a little off if you rub, or you can just scoot the diffuse forward a little.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (96%+)

Thanks for the pics.

Did you cut yours at all from side to side? It seems to be too wide and it rubs the tires a little. Should I cut it down a little?

Motor cooling isnt a matter of concern, I wont be running my F103R, but thanks for the advice. I might put a diffuser on the F1 that I do run.

I think I will mount it in between the motor mount and T-bar also, so I can keep the countersunk screws there.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the pics.

Did you cut yours at all from side to side? It seems to be too wide and it rubs the tires a little. Should I cut it down a little?

Motor cooling isnt a matter of concern, I wont be running my F103R, but thanks for the advice. I might put a diffuser on the F1 that I do run.

I think I will mount it in between the motor mount and T-bar also, so I can keep the countersunk screws there.
no side to side cutting required at least as of yet. if you havent made your holes yet, scoot it forward so the angeled portion is closer to the center if the chassis.

i reccomend you mount between the t bar and motor mount.

which one you end up getting? i got one from TRG that causes the air to leave straight, not flowing upwards.

any one used both? which do you prefer and why?
Old 02-12-2009, 01:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
no side to side cutting required at least as of yet. if you havent made your holes yet, scoot it forward so the angeled portion is closer to the center if the chassis.

i reccomend you mount between the t bar and motor mount.

which one you end up getting? i got one from TRG that causes the air to leave straight, not flowing upwards.

any one used both? which do you prefer and why?
Bro, are you gonna paint the diffuser or just leave it clear? I just bought the same TRG diffuser as you.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default TRG carbon print rear diffuser

i has thinking the TRG carbon print rear diffuser was painted!?!

but the picture show something else!?

hmm...
Old 02-12-2009, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

that's because there is a clear one, and a carbon painted one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.