Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAMIYA F103 RM

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Is there any word on the f103R coming with a body? I know the R versions usually don't, but the tamiya F1 bodies don't seem to be easy to find. I'm looking at getting one of these to run in TCS races, which means that I have to stay 100% Tamiya.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yes I want to buy a Jordan 191 body set. They are VERY hard to find now.

Love that body.

James

Originally Posted by Vyger
Now if Tamiya would just re-release the old F1 bodies from the 90's with the appropriate sticker sheets this would be GOLDEN!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default buy

i am thinking of buying a f1 car and whare can i get one from what hop up can i get for it
Old 10-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
... and when are you coming out to race?
Do you still race??

I just picked up a used M03 coming in. Going to take it out to Allspeed Hobbies for a few weekends and see if I like the car or not to continue with it.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Wear isn't too bad, the rubbers got scrubbed in within the first 3-4 laps. After 4 races of 5mins, there is visible wear, but nothing to really stress about as long as you swap LH to RH after every race or two. I hope to get at least 25-35 races out of the rears, with probably a little more from the fronts.
Thanks!!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan
Do you still race??

I just picked up a used M03 coming in. Going to take it out to Allspeed Hobbies for a few weekends and see if I like the car or not to continue with it.
You got PM
Old 10-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Csaari77
Is there any word on the f103R coming with a body? I know the R versions usually don't, but the tamiya F1 bodies don't seem to be easy to find. I'm looking at getting one of these to run in TCS races, which means that I have to stay 100% Tamiya.
I don't thinik that chassis is going to come with a body. I think Tamiya does that to try and keep the cost down. I know what you mean about trying to find a body for these cars. It aint easy. I put a link below to a guy that sells allot of Tamiya stuff on Ebay. I've purchased from him before and I'm happy to say he's trust worthy. He doesn't carrry every F1 body but he's got a few. I hope this helps.

http://stores.ebay.com/Jasons-Store_...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Old 10-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fletcher
i am thinking of buying a f1 car and whare can i get one from what hop up can i get for it
READ - use search function. Have a specific quesiton. Ask.

Lots of information here.. you need to look at it.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Unless your building a shelf queen and you have deep pockets we need find a better sounce for body's that can be raced.

It is beyond me.. they will bring out this new R- and couild do a production run of all the old F1 bodies to go along with it.. at $45 you buy it.. at $145 OUCH!!!

Originally Posted by Vyger
I don't thinik that chassis is going to come with a body. I think Tamiya does that to try and keep the cost down. I know what you mean about trying to find a body for these cars. It aint easy. I put a link below to a guy that sells allot of Tamiya stuff on Ebay. I've purchased from him before and I'm happy to say he's trust worthy. He doesn't carrry every F1 body but he's got a few. I hope this helps.

http://stores.ebay.com/Jasons-Store_...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Old 10-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bikerbob
Unless your building a shelf queen and you have deep pockets we need find a better sounce for body's that can be raced.

It is beyond me.. they will bring out this new R- and couild do a production run of all the old F1 bodies to go along with it.. at $45 you buy it.. at $145 OUCH!!!

I feel what your saying. I've gone way to deep in the wallet lately to get some old F1 bodies. I'd love it if they re-released all of the old ones, maybe even touch up the molds to ad more detail. I don't really care much for the new F1's with all the aero parts hanging off them. I've only seen a handful on here that look good...but that's a personal thing.

I'd also really appreciate it if Tamiya would include plastic detailing parts, camera's, mirrors, front wing turning veins...you know stuff like that. You think they would since they're a plastics company too. As far as I know you don’t need licensing to make those parts.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

yeah so maybe I can get my loved Lotus JSP edition
Old 10-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My backing coat didn't work! Well, it actually melted my red paint and gave me running pink and red stripes. I'll clean it out and apply a different brand of paint. I just hope the cleaner doesn't remove the liquid mask too.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bikerbob
Yes I want to buy a Jordan 191 body set. They are VERY hard to find now.

Love that body.

James
I have the Jordan body set new in box. Thinking with some creative sticker work, I can have Schumie in his first F1 ride !
Old 10-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Initiate

my masking effort took 3 days to carefully work out.

I planned every detail, spent hours working out what goes where.

I made a mistake and pulled some off to correct, everything went wrong, so i just sprayed it up and put stickers on, doesn't look great but its not going to sit on the shelf!

its that bad i dont want to post pics . . . . . .
Old 10-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DucatiGary
my masking effort took 3 days to carefully work out.

I planned every detail, spent hours working out what goes where.

I made a mistake and pulled some off to correct, everything went wrong, so i just sprayed it up and put stickers on, doesn't look great but its not going to sit on the shelf!

its that bad i dont want to post pics . . . . . .
I agree, they are for racing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.