Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen Seiki

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not according to the leader of the forum...

MANTIBORE....

and as usual,

he's putting everyone to sleep....

night,stooges...
Old 08-20-2003, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fastharry
Not according to the leader of the forum...

MANTIBORE....
HI SLOW HARRY !!
Old 08-20-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................
Old 08-20-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fastharry
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................
Good night SLOW
Old 08-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

well browsing thru the SGRID forum I found this... Just trying to help people, no need in everyone searching the SGRID for something when I am already there.

#1810 of 1834 by Aaron Walker (aaron74) on Wed Aug 20 05:04:32 2003:
Cody im sure MUGEN SEIKI will call you next time they need advice on a kit design. I mean hell theyve only done it for like 20 yrs or so.If you wanna post your daily lack of skills or knowledge start a rookie builders and design thread.LOL

All good guys; finished building the kit, thanks for the responses
too .. everything went together smoothly -after I found the parts I
thought I was missing! haha- ... the manual doesn't do much for me when
it comes to organization, and build method ... the manual is kind of
ass-backwards IMHO. Not to mention, even after pre-threading the lock
nuts for the side guards (step where you push the lock nuts into the
plastic, and then tighten the guards flush to the chassis) 2 of them
just spun in the plastic after reaching the plastic in the lock-nut
with the screw. The other 4 went in fine, but I had to hack the plastic
to crap around the lock-nut to tighten it down.

I'd tell you another story about when I called Mugen support to see if
I could get the guard replaced and sent out so I could have a new one
for this weekends final 'big' race; but we'll leave it be haha We'll
just say I was dissapointed.

.... Aaron Walker, I'm not allowed to comment on the small problems Im
finding while building the kit? I never professed to be anything more
than a beginner; I'm just stating my honest views and little snags I
have come across dude. I can see about a handful of design changes I
would have made if I had any say in the design; just my opinion. If you
NEVER see anything you could change, you must have a perfect kit
Either that ... or you're too dumb to see the possible faults of the
design.

Just kidding Aaron Good luck
I guess if you are going to select a randomn quote, so can I.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

I thought the second quote was interesting how he claims on this board that he is experienced and that he knows what he is doing... but on SGRID he "professed to be anything more
than a beginner".

making friends all over the place are ya?
Old 08-20-2003, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Thats a good one Manbik

You got me there ... not!

If you might have noticed, I do own a handful of kits .. and when I said I was experienced here, I do recall making reference to the 'trade' I attended school for; am I not mistaken?

And, the quote of mine about being "more than a beginner" is true; I never did say I was more than a beginner.

What are you trying to prove? I said something honest?

You guys are unbelievably stupid.

All this, because apparently you guys think it is OK for companies to practice shoddy support; and that all of you would enjoy paying for shipping on a product which shouldn't have needed to be returned in the first place.

Pop quiz morons .... was the part bought separate from the kit, or was it included and covered under warranty for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase?

If you answered correctly, then that would mean ... my problem with the part should be COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.

I don't know about you, but to me .... the last time I checked covered in this instance means "to compensate or make up for".

How am I being compensated, when I have to pay for the delivery of the part which I already paid shipping on -as a whole- in the first place?
Old 08-20-2003, 11:31 PM
Tech Adept

"making friends all over the place are ya?"

I don't befriend jerks dude ... so no, not around here atleast as it seems everyone around here would classify as a jerk.

Tends to go throughout the hobby; everybody has to bring their snotty attitude to the track with their kits. Not only that, everybody is so darn brand defensive its like they're fighting to the death for their beloved company.

Get real.

Can anybody handle a true statement about their current 'fav' kit and the company who makes it? Or is that beyond comprehension for you when you have Mugen Seiki slapped across your lips?

I've said it before in this very thread, and I will say it again ... Ever dealt with Sprint when it comes to your cellular phone account? You can be honest .... nobody in here kisses Sprints rear-end; they don't produce model car kits .. don't worry, you won't be caught! Yes, their customer relations and support stinks.

Bash me now because I cut up another company Come on! I dare ya .... Sprints customer service is absolutely horrible, and I would dare say worse than Mugens ... but atleast sprint resolves your problems right then and there over the phone instead of taking 2+weeks to resolve the problem -like what would happen if I were to waste my money sending in a a cheap plastic guard and waiting 2 weeks for my replacement-.

Any of you use Rogers cable to connect to the net? Buddy of mine had a faulty modem that seemed to want to kick in and out all the time; while he was paying his monthly bills of $40 a month for a service that worked off-and on for two months. He finally got sick of it, and called customer support ... they came to his house, picked up his modem, testing the cable outlet, gave him a new modem, set him back up and that was that. No more problems for him.

How much did he pay??? NOT A SINGLE CENT.

You friggen RC boys are so used to sub-par support that you wouldn't know proper support if it hit you in the face.

Last edited by chorner; 08-20-2003 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:30 AM
Tech Regular

This thread is the best entertainment when things get boring at work.....Just wish i had some popcorn!!
Old 08-21-2003, 01:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Really sad!!!

What is with some of you people? Stefon (A legend in his own mind) takes a jab at americans and not one reply.He even cuts people down for there spelling. What's up with that? But boy you say one bad thing about Mugen and a hand full of you go nuts. Well heres a flash! Its ok to complain about the great Mugen! God won't strike you down and you will still be able to get Mugen parts. I do! So what are you afraid of? If you by all this crap that Kris Moore & Robby are shelling out I have a great deal on some swamp land I'm selling. The fact is most of you won't have to deal with the morons at Mugen Racing cause they are whole salers and do not deal with the public unless you have a defective part and then you will be in for a ride! If Mugen Racing went retail there woulden't be a Mugen Racing! Now sit back and watch the simple minded few fire back at me. lol
Old 08-21-2003, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Even Manbik has now ended diplomatic colloquy. Why stay, if you think we are jerks? You obviously will never think anything different of any of us. Also, you have already tried to prove what your opinion of the matter is, but we've already given you our general opinion as well.At this point, I find it obvious that neither party will be able to find a point of consensus (let alone seek one). We don't rag on just anyone... it takes some time to deserve that kind of attention. I tried to be helpful, but your attitude toward everyone and everything just got me to a point where I just figured you are of the same mindset as that HELLION guy.

If no kit comes up to your expectations of what it should be, why don't you try make your own kit? Then you'll see how your sense of 'perfection' could be flawed. Nothing is perfect, and in a hobby such as this where companies are relegated to being relatively small, it is not a wonder (for most of us, apparently) that these kits have problems with them. If you bought a kit, and you were missing a single screw for the transponder mount, would you whine to the manufacturer about it? I hope not, because that would be a big waste of time. Mistakes happen, and mistakes can occur from the manufacturer as well as from the user. In a situation like that, there is just as much of a chance that you lost that screw as opposed to not getting it from the factory. Most of us have to admit that there is a very high likelyhood of this occurance, but you obviously don't.
Presently, you seem under the illlusion that you can do no wrong. Well, sorry, but messing up happens a hell of a lot and to think otherwise is ludicrous.

Also, you bought this kit knowing full well that if something went wrong, there would be problems with fixing it. Whenever I advise a new guy on what kit to buy, I always say that parts availibility and support are major concerns. If something goes wrong, and you don't have support, you have to be comfortable enough with your abilities to rectify the problem, or deal with the fact that you won't be able to run your car until you can get parts. If you cannot deal with this chance occurance, why buy? Stick to what you can easily replace if you are not capable enough to rectify the problem.

Also, if you can't live with Mugen's parts policy, why try?

Last edited by Im2lazy; 08-21-2003 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by chorner
Hahaha, come back to me later when you know the answer

WRONG.

Its funny how my 2.0mm Hudy is the exact same size as ohh lets say a 3/32" allen?
There is no way you can live this statement down as long as you're here. 2.0mm allen wrench the same as 3/32" allen wrench. LMFAO x100,000

Is there are reason why the english system and metric system are different? Hmmmm... let's ponder this question. Maybe 100 kilograms is the same as 100 pounds....
Old 08-21-2003, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Really sad!!!

Originally posted by HELLION
What is with some of you people? Stefon (A legend in his own mind) takes a jab at americans and not one reply.He even cuts people down for there spelling. What's up with that? But boy you say one bad thing about Mugen and a hand full of you go nuts. Well heres a flash! Its ok to complain about the great Mugen! God won't strike you down and you will still be able to get Mugen parts. I do! So what are you afraid of? If you by all this crap that Kris Moore & Robby are shelling out I have a great deal on some swamp land I'm selling. The fact is most of you won't have to deal with the morons at Mugen Racing cause they are whole salers and do not deal with the public unless you have a defective part and then you will be in for a ride! If Mugen Racing went retail there woulden't be a Mugen Racing! Now sit back and watch the simple minded few fire back at me. lol
You are a one heck of an aggressive imbecile.

At least now you know how to spell Mugen
Old 08-21-2003, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Im2lazy
There is no way you can live this statement down as long as you're here. 2.0mm allen wrench the same as 3/32" allen wrench. LMFAO x100,000

Is there are reason why the english system and metric system are different? Hmmmm... let's ponder this question. Maybe 100 kilograms is the same as 100 pounds....
3/32 inch = 2.38125 mm
Old 08-21-2003, 03:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Thanks Steff!

I knew you wouldn't let me down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.