Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
That is pretty crazy... What kind of rear bar is that????

believe it or not.....an optional part from HPI themselves.......
Old 12-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastharry
believe it or not.....an optional part from HPI themselves.......
Wow, I don't even see as many goodies as your R40 from Hara's ride.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

well I have given in and started getting hopup parts for my r40 instead of getting the 2005 kit...
started off with the cf shock towers and more stuff will be on its way friday.... speaking of shock towers, how do you guys have the rear shocks mounted with the extensions?

and I noticed from pics that some of you mount the body posts directly to the tower and others dont.. just a preference?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Addict

i want one of them rear stailbers you got on your car were did ya get that from? what is the part number? it looks trick i aint got any on min ehehe. well the standard on it runs that close to the drive shaft it aint funny!!

any one come up with ideas about the first gear stripping of the clutch bell yet?

hey intellect did that steering tip i gave ya end up fixing the problem?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ogreasurada
The R40 2005 is only $340 from RCmodel, plus shipping will be $380 to US. http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=7037
Why is it retailing over $450 here?
I think I've decided where to buy my R40. Does anyone have any experience ordering a kit from them? I'm interested in their customer service and quality of packing.

Originally Posted by bummy
i want one of them rear stailbers you got on your car were did ya get that from? what is the part number? it looks trick i aint got any on min ehehe. well the standard on it runs that close to the drive shaft it aint funny!!
I think this is what you're looking for, Bummy:
http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=3619
Old 12-14-2005, 01:46 AM
Tech Addict

cheer s thank's
Old 12-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

any one come up with ideas about the first gear stripping of the clutch bell yet?

hey intellect did that steering tip i gave ya end up fixing the problem?
Are you saying that your 1st gear pinion is comming off of the clutch bell and stripping the threads in the process? If this is happening, the problem is with your 2 speed. Normally the pressure will tighten the pinion onto the clutchbell. If your 2 speed is binding between the 1st and 2nd gear spur or at the one way bearing, the 1st gear pinion will get spun off when you shift into 2nd gear.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

yes that is the problem, first gear is coming off and stripping the clutch bell in the process. so i should check the 2 speed. and it binding with 1st and 2nd gear? maybe that y i can never get it to change. mmmmmmm the 1st gear holder is rubbing on the second gear carier to? maybe that could be it, yeah i thought they suppose to get tighter when under power.

ok i will invesgate further when new parts arvive. happed twice now costing me $60 bucks each time.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

fastharry,
your 2 speed is much different to mine. is yours standard?
Old 12-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

fastharry,
your 2 speed is much different to mine. is yours standard?
Not fastharry...but that's the lightweight (.08) two-speed.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Initiate

need help asap.... I was building the rear end and i put on the 2speed, and when i turn the big spur gear it turns fine, but when i turn the smaller spur gear it spins freely... is this worng????
Old 12-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dark_one22
need help asap.... I was building the rear end and i put on the 2speed, and when i turn the big spur gear it turns fine, but when i turn the smaller spur gear it spins freely... is this worng????
That's how it's supposed to be...when the hub expands from the RPM, it locks the smaller spur and over-runs the bigger one.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by onnetz
well I have given in and started getting hopup parts for my r40 instead of getting the 2005 kit...
started off with the cf shock towers and more stuff will be on its way friday.... speaking of shock towers, how do you guys have the rear shocks mounted with the extensions?

and I noticed from pics that some of you mount the body posts directly to the tower and others dont.. just a preference?
anyone got any input on the advantages/disadvatages of the extensions and mounting the posts directly to the tower?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Tech Addict

that is interesting about the 2 speed spinning free.
i could never spin the either gear. if i spun first it would spin second. if i spin second it spin first.

isnt that how it suppose to be? when i first built it one would spin free. but not no more? maybe that is the problem with my first gear pinion stripping.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

that is interesting about the 2 speed spinning free.
i could never spin the either gear. if i spun first it would spin second. if i spin second it spin first.

isnt that how it suppose to be? when i first built it one would spin free. but not no more? maybe that is the problem with my first gear pinion stripping.
That would be your problem right there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.