Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing

and sat on pole a bit too.

RedRocket

Old 07-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
you might want to try a softer tire (greens), ive noticed ay my local track that greens wear alot better than blues
I'll add a little to the pot, i picked up a set of blues from Mike Ivy a good while back, tried them on a sealed ashpault track. They ran well but wore really quickly thought it was just me. I have some rp30's that i've run about 8 or 9 times on teh same track w/ minimal wear.

Next weekend i ran at the blue diamond, which eats rp30's for lunch. I got about 4 runs total out of a new set (brand spankin new) i've put now about 10 runs on a set of jaco blues at the diamond and they can go more ... go figure.

The one thing i have to say i've noticed about these tires is they take a diffferent touch when tuning your car. They have a shorter sidewall by a MM or 2 and depending on what rim you are used to they may have quite a bit less flex than you are used to. It takes a while to tune properly for the jaco's and i can tell you that you can't simply take even the old jacos off and put the prisms on and expect to get decent wear or performance without some trial and error tuning.

I had to increase my camber about 1.5* to get even tirewear front and rear, i also had to tune the car to be slightly less aggressive on turn in, i tuned out all toe (in and out). Even so .. some tracks they just don't work on like jackson, other tracks they are ballistic like blue diamond. If you go back a bunch of pages i have a picture of what the surface of blue diamond looks like.

I wouldn't call them shit, but i would say that you have to get used to them and they don't work everywhere, i'm not really sure i have a tire that does.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedybill
Jack
when can I expect Horizon Hobby to get their shipment??
I want to try these tires for myself, hey Tag got any left???

Thankx Bill
Horizon, GP, and RC America all have received orders. I don't know why they are not showing in stock unless they are all accounted for. I talked to Ralph today and he had some in stock. We have filled every green backorder we have and are working on the blues right now.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

I will admit that my setup may have not been perfect, but I am no mornone at this. I have won my share of big local races and sat on pole a bit too. My car was just as fast as the two guys who qualified ahead of me, but I could no the tires to run for 5 minutes, and definatly not for a second run. I just find that it sucks that we were made to run these tires, and they seem to be a bad tire. They were the new Prizm rims tires. I am not gonna make quotes of other people but I heard alot of this complaint at the race. The bite was only medium to me even though it was VHT'ed and sugar watered. My car was set up as free as it could in the front and as tight as possible in the rear, and the car still had no bite off the corners, on the second run for the tires. I just think these are an inferior tire to some other manufactures. Especially since Jaco makes such great foam tires. I would expect more.

RedRocket
I think calling the tires "bad" and "shitty" shows that you have not been reading this thread. There are numerous racers who have had very good experiences with these tires. I know you are not a "mornone" (whatever the hell that means), but did you ever think that perhaps a green tire would have been more suited for the track conditions? Maybe it was simply the wrong compound of shitty tire. I think most people would draw that conclusion and choose not to flame our product in public.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
I think calling the tires "bad" and "shitty" shows that you have not been reading this thread. There are numerous racers who have had very good experiences with these tires. I know you are not a "mornone" (whatever the hell that means), but did you ever think that perhaps a green tire would have been more suited for the track conditions? Maybe it was simply the wrong compound of shitty tire. I think most people would draw that conclusion and choose not to flame our product in public.

Geez Jack....you are such a MORNONE sometimes!! Call me when you get a minute if you are not too busy with your shitty tires.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Geez Jack....you are such a MORNONE sometimes!! Call me when you get a minute if you are not too busy with your shitty tires.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm going to come down on the other side of this RedRocketRacing thing...well kinda.

Now, from what I've read, and heard from fellow local racers, the new tires are pretty sweet. But, that said...........if you get flamed if your unhappy with them, and only want to hear the good things, then how can the company get accurate feedback?

As a consumer who does alot of reasearch before buying anything, I like to hear all the reports, not just the positive ones. And I never believe things are as great as I hear, or as bad as I hear. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

But the reaction to his comments bothers me in particular because I wasn't too happy with the original Jaco Rubberz. I thought the rims were weak and the air gap was way too big, and that quality control from one tire to another was lacking. But when I and others initially brought this up,(without calling them 'shit' mind you) the response was to the effect that 'we' must be doing something wrong if we didn't absolutely love the tires. Sound familiar??? If not, look back at the reaction to RedRockets' comments. Thats the same kind of response that was initially given about the old tires. Yet here we are with lower profile tires and stonger rims. Yet, the initial response to negative feedback was highly defensive.

I'm excited to try the new tires, but a bit disappointed to see that even with the new tires, the old attitude about 'if they don't work, its your fault' still lingering.

You gotta take the good with the bad and know that the truth about your product is somewhere between 'these are the greatest' and 'these are shit'. And maybe be a little less on the defensive. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
I'm going to come down on the other side of this RedRocketRacing thing...well kinda.

Now, from what I've read, and heard from fellow local racers, the new tires are pretty sweet. But, that said...........if you get flamed if your unhappy with them, and only want to hear the good things, then how can the company get accurate feedback?

As a consumer who does alot of reasearch before buying anything, I like to hear all the reports, not just the positive ones. And I never believe things are as great as I hear, or as bad as I hear. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

But the reaction to his comments bothers me in particular because I wasn't too happy with the original Jaco Rubberz. I thought the rims were weak and the air gap was way too big, and that quality control from one tire to another was lacking. But when I and others initially brought this up,(without calling them 'shit' mind you) the response was to the effect that 'we' must be doing something wrong if we didn't absolutely love the tires. Sound familiar??? If not, look back at the reaction to RedRockets' comments. Thats the same kind of response that was initially given about the old tires. Yet here we are with lower profile tires and stonger rims. Yet, the initial response to negative feedback was highly defensive.

I'm excited to try the new tires, but a bit disappointed to see that even with the new tires, the old attitude about 'if they don't work, its your fault' still lingering.

You gotta take the good with the bad and know that the truth about your product is somewhere between 'these are the greatest' and 'these are shit'. And maybe be a little less on the defensive. Just my 2 cents.
I think that Jack's point is that "feedback" needs to be a little more grown up. More importantly, feedback needs to be constructive. We've already heard some constructive responses that the Jaco's are slower at some tracks. No flames about them just feedback.

If everyone at a race has the same "shitty" tires then everyone's going to slow down not just you. It's pretty weak to blame the tires for a bad weekend just because you can't set-up your car for a spec tire that everyone else is dealing with as well.

No, I don't run for Jaco. No I don't run them at the local track I race at. I don't come on here and piss and moan about it though.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Darkseid

There are much better ways to express dissatisfaction with a product than getting on a public forum and blasting it. It lessens your credibility and draws the ire of the manufacturer. I have never tried to sugercoat the problems we had in the past with our rubber tires. Look back....I have been frank and candid about what the problems were and how we planned to fix them. We did everything we said we would do. As I manufacturer that was true to my word, I think I deserve a little more respect than what was shown. If you have a problem and you want me to know about it, why post it in front of thousands of potential customers? Why not just call, PM, or e-mail me?
I am not averse to negative feedback. There is plenty of it on this thread. I don't expect the tires to work at every track or under every situation. I do take exception to the way it was presented, however. Wouldn't you? It is absurd to think anyone would be content to have someone get on a public forum and call out their product in this way. As a manufacturer, am I somehow supposed to be above that?
We rely completely on feedback from professional racers and weekend racers alike in developing and improving our products. It's just that this feedback usually comes in the form of constructive criticism, not an expletive laden tirade.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

While I am not one for starting a flame about a manufacture but after this weekends Xray Challenge in Portland where we ran the Jaco Blues I am more than disappointed with these tires. Matter of fact I fell quite ripped off. These tires were such junk, they didn't even last for 5 minutes of a race. I know there were some people that got two runs out of there tires, but even that is unacceptable. Having to spend almost 30 bucks on a set of tires that you cannot run twice. That is shit. I am a Sorex guy, won't run anythiing else unless I have too, Never again will I buy these crappy tires again. If any of the other guys that were at this race see this they, they will most likely say the same.

They were so bad that after the first run where I was able to run as fast as the leaders, the tires fell off close to a second a lap on the second run, and the car was undrivable. I changed about 15 things to try to get more rear grip in my car and because the tire were so nothing worked. I couldn't do anything else to my car to try to make the back more locked down.

My opinion, Jaco should refund every participante of this race for his shitty tires.

RedRocket
"Red Rocket"

Your inteligence level shows in the "words" you use to describe your experience. "shitty, crappy, quite ripped off". Keep in mind that some of the major events that you participate in are sponsered my great companys like Jaco/SMC (Vegas comes to mind)

So keep on bashing in an effort to do damage to people like Jack and Danny who do so much to help support our hobby.

I love the keyboard courage while hiding behind an alias name.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

Fred, PM
Old 07-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Back to the tires .

I ran some blues at 360 and they were the rong compound for that track i got busy and didn't get a set of greens. I'm curious about them, are they widely available yet?
Old 07-30-2008, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a question for the jaco guys I have been racing now for a couple of years on a local carpet track here in Boise ID and am still kind of new to the racing thing but am getting much better our club last year started an outlaw class and the specs are any motor and speedo brushed or brushless but you must run rubber tires and so I bought a set of sorex 24R compound tires and had a lot of handeling issues with the car never could get it to hookup very well then 1 day at the trac 2 race series ago a guy gave me a set of jaco tires to run (the Yellow Compound) and it was like day and night I put the tires on and softened up the back shocks a little and since then have been running in the top 3 in my class I bought the tire from him used and have about 15 races on them at this point and they still hookup the same as the first day I tried them I have since gone brushless in my cars and even with the extra power the car handles great with these tires I swap them between both cars because I only have 1 set. So my question is this I would like to buy a few more sets of this compound tire but have not been able to find them anywhere. Tower Hobbies has a listing for them but they have been backordered for months and it now says late july. I really like the tires and they work very well on our local track which is where I do 90% of my racing. So if there is a place or a way to get a hold of some more could you please let me know

Thank you

Rick
Old 07-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Back to the tires .

I ran some blues at 360 and they were the rong compound for that track i got busy and didn't get a set of greens. I'm curious about them, are they widely available yet?
We had plenty of greens in stock, however i think the blues did hook up pretty well also. The biggest thing is the car needs to be tuned to grip the track a little more with the prisms compared to the older tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.