Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If we went out everytime and told you exactly how we're making changes we would be educating the competition. This is clearly not a practice that we're willing to use.

We are making changes and there will be software that exceeds current performance. Can I tell you how? Yes. Am I going to ? No.

We've yet to make software improvements that went slower and we're not about to start now.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Hi Randy, I can't wait till the new software is there as it is faster.

Now we get a new standard class at my club and that will be 17,5 brushless and 27T brushed together. This to make sure that the drivers that don't have the money for a brushless set can still compete with the races.
Is there a big difference between the 2 motors?
Some say that the 27T is faster but I now that many people changed to 17,5T brushless. Is this because the Brushless is faster?

The most of the standart drivers that have brushless have a Tekin speedo.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32

Now we get a new standard class at my club and that will be 17,5 brushless and 27T brushed together. This to make sure that the drivers that don't have the money for a brushless set can still compete with the races.
Some say that the 27T is faster but I now that many people changed to 17,5T brushless. Is this because the Brushless is faster?

It used to be that if you did all of the stock motor voodoo, a 27T motor would be faster then any 17.5 brushless. Not sure now with the timing boost and "turbo" what the comparison would be like.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

aaaahhh i can smell the smoke and see the fireworks,man i would love to see some one do this with a 27t i wonder how long it will last
Old 10-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
It used to be that if you did all of the stock motor voodoo, a 27T motor would be faster then any 17.5 brushless. Not sure now with the timing boost and "turbo" what the comparison would be like.
The ones that will drive with a 27T are all beginners. The faster drivers use a 17,5T. So I think that it will not be a problem as the 27T is faster.
I think that it now will be closer or that the 17,5 will be faster.
Will see and els we change some things to bring it closer to getter.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

can the gold posts be de-soldered and the wire soldered directly to the board?
Old 10-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
the post are there for heat dissipation
Old 10-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

in short no.. not only do they serve as a heat sink of sorts, i believe they are in with high temp solder.. by the time you got them hot you could damage the board itself..
Old 10-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You can "do" anything but it's highly reccomended that you do not. They function as a heatsink, are soldered in with high temp solder and should you attempt removal you are very likely to damage the unit.

What are you trying to accomplish?
Old 10-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
You can "do" anything but it's highly reccomended that you do not. They function as a heatsink, are soldered in with high temp solder and should you attempt removal you are very likely to damage the unit.

What are you trying to accomplish?
a cleaner look without the ugly posts.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Lord

a cleaner look without the ugly posts.
but you dont see them under the body
Old 10-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

thats true but you do see it with the body off
Old 10-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

I believe this is not the best idea, as the time, money and effort it takes to make a 27T brushed motor as fast as a Tekin 17.5 v200 is not worth it. by the time you have skimmed the comm, changed the brushes, re-aligned the brush-hoods, re centered the armature in the magnetic field etc. etc. you have already spent money just on keeping the motor in a top condition!! and then on top of that you would probably want another spare motor or two ready to go... I have alot of my racing experience in the brushed era so i appreciate brushless and lipo alot more then most racers on these boards, with motor+battery maintenance eliminated we can focus more on chassis setup.

In short running 27t brushed in my view is a massive step backwards, we want the new generation of racers to adapt to the new technology, not go out and buy a gun brushed speedy only to find out its not compatible with their brand spankin 17.5 when they do decide to upgrade.. besides here in OZ the price of an RS 17.5 combo is about the same price as most of the top speedys with no motor!!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone here had issues with the brake on the RS being weak? I've got the RS matched up with a 17.5 Novak ballistic motor. I have to turn the brakes all the way up to basically get any braking power at all. At 30% brake (set with HotWire) it literally takes ~1.5 seconds to stop the wheels when the car is off the ground. I have never had a ESC behave like this. Braking was fine with the GTB I had in the car using the same motor.

I've bumped my throttle/brake epa's all the way up, tried it with both a high and low NW setting, made sure ABS is off, tried with both a JR R1 radio and a 3PK, etc. Nothing works. The ESC lights up all the way and flashes when I apply full brakes.

Any ideas?
Old 10-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kcobra
Anyone here had issues with the brake on the RS being weak? I've got the RS matched up with a 17.5 Novak ballistic motor. I have to turn the brakes all the way up to basically get any braking power at all. At 30% brake (set with HotWire) it literally takes ~1.5 seconds to stop the wheels when the car is off the ground. I have never had a ESC behave like this. Braking was fine with the GTB I had in the car using the same motor.

I've bumped my throttle/brake epa's all the way up, tried it with both a high and low NW setting, made sure ABS is off, tried with both a JR R1 radio and a 3PK, etc. Nothing works. The ESC lights up all the way and flashes when I apply full brakes.

Any ideas?
have you tried applying 100% braking on the hotwire? with 100% my braking is very strong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.