Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
What happened to that thread ??

Wasn't that the thread where somebody said there was 9 degrees of timing advance in the the sportsman spec profile and that ROAR was removing it from their approved list ? It seemed to me that Randy and company shirted around that statement saying something to the effect that the latest version corrected problems and was an improvement.
I personally would still like to know if 208 sportsman spec has 9 degrees of advance in it.
Thanks.
Originally Posted by BCbud
From a different thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 212 was simply approved making 208 no longer the current version. We are always working on improvements and new features. This just helps force everyone to move forward to the new improved version of software for the Tekin RS and RSpro.

So yes, 208 is no longer allowed in the Roar Sportsman Spec class and that is how we want it. Version 212 is ROAR approved and should be available tommorrow for download from our website.

Tekin Prez

Randy you must of missed the question at the end of my post.

I race at a very competitive track where we run 17.5 sportsman spec TC.
I would like to know what I'm racing against (timing wise) if some guys are still running 208.
Thanks.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I think what jag88 wants to know is; What was the "small/minor error" that forced ROAR to pull 208 from it's approved Stock ESC list?
Old 10-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Randy you must of missed the question at the end of my post.

I race at a very competitive track where we run 17.5 sportsman spec TC.
I would like to know what I'm racing against (timing wise) if some guys are still running 208.
Thanks.
Jag88, here's an interesting thread for you:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ing-class.html

I was intrigued by this particular post below:

Originally Posted by DaveW
Zero timing was another 'fad' pushed onto the average racer as a way to equalize racing when comparing speedies from one manufacturer to another. The only way to equalize it is having a singular company produce a spec racing zero timing speedo... and clubs or racing organizations adopt it for that intent. Imagine the political BS over THAT decision.

As long as there is user programmable software in an ESC... zero timing will not be zero timing... based on a true reference of 'Zero' (a benchmark) from one manufacturer to another. Do brushless motors have standardized 'zero timing' from one company to another? And thats hardware. If people would just realize that advanced speed control timing has a limit, and learn to use it, then classes wouldnt die. People wouldnt be buying into fads, they would be buying into a sport.

You say you dont want to worry about a laptop and how to program your speedo or learning suspension design and how to properly set a car up for faster laps? We have a class for you. You run with everyone else that doesnt really want to put effort into learning how to do anything. Its called... RTR. You get what you pay for, and your return on your investment is as equal.

NOW. For those that want to race. Lets RACE. Lets push the envelope every weekend, and go home 'happy' with our 5th place in the A main. Why? Because we care to know what we can do to go that much faster... and realize that the majority of that improvement is to the nut behind the transmitter. NOT the speedo. NOT the motor. NOT any other reason one could think of to pass off why one would suck on any given race day.

I can type this, and say i live this. I have had a bad month of racing. There is a backstory here, but i will just describe the straw that broke the camels back. --- Last week i built a 'new' car for raceday. In practice the car was REALLY loose, and i broke an A arm with the first pack in it. I barely made the first qually... but got it together in time to break it AGAIN in less than 4 minutes. In my frustration i chucked the car 20+ feet into a cinderblock wall. I picked it up and did it AGAIN. Still not satisfied i had stomped my feet enough and exerted my anger on this inanimate object, i punted it another 20+ feet.

Whats the point? Im assembling another car as i type this. Why? My car is in pieces because of me. It wasnt the cars fault. Heck, it wasnt my zero timing speedo either. I run boosted speedos. Just realize that you WILL have bad days. You WILL have days that you just plain suck. If you want to RACE... that WILL happen. 2nd place is first loser. How bad do you wanna win?

/rant
Back on topic. A friend of mine and I will test both 208 and 212 No Timing side by side. We're curious to see the results.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by san.
Back on topic. A friend of mine and I will test both 208 and 212 No Timing side by side. We're curious to see the results.
I would love to see that! Switch motors and batteries amongst yourselves to try and minimize equipment variations too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As if you cant tell... the push for zero ESC timing classes really gets my goat.

I dont recall anyone asking to 'cut the balls off' of any brushed generation ESC's, and requiring a limited ESC class. You raced stock or mod, thats it... no tears allowed.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey Guy's Tekin's v2.1.2 Is available for download on there site
Cant find it on the website or through hotwire update
Old 10-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by darrenoakley
Cant find it on the website or through hotwire update
Randy said a few posts ago that the server has crashed so they are working on it.....
Old 10-20-2010, 12:12 AM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Must have been lucky with my timing - managed to download the ZIP file version, installed it on my 64bit Windows 7 laptop and update my RS Pro.

Minor heart palpitation - no lights at all when I turned it on, so I re-did the "update ESC" and that failed, so I unplugged everything, put it all back together firmly and ran the update once more. All good this time, so the calibration all worked fine.

Now for some track time on the weekend!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Regular

i too fluked it

updateed it, and took it out the local school

my squat down and boogie mode is back!!!!

and i see what Randy means by brakes... sheeeh!!!! noone can complain about them now

ed
Old 10-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Meh, I still get the page with 208. I have a big race on the weekend, so I think i'll stay with 208 incase I have install and set-up issues with 212.....
Old 10-20-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by san.
Jag88, here's an interesting thread for you:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ing-class.html

The post right above that one really tells the story
To give you an example .I raced a BDiamond ,the best i could do was 41 laps, in practice i was loaned a tekin and improved by almost 1 sec a lap which related to 3 or 4 laps more. Went back to my BD and 41 laps again.If any one has an explanation i would love to hear it.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JR007
Meh, I still get the page with 208. I have a big race on the weekend, so I think i'll stay with 208 incase I have install and set-up issues with 212.....

Refresh the page
Old 10-20-2010, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What happened to that thread ??

Wasn't that the thread where somebody said there was 9 degrees of timing advance in the the sportsman spec profile and that ROAR was removing it from their approved list ? It seemed to me that Randy and company shirted around that statement saying something to the effect that the latest version corrected problems and was an improvement.
I personally would still like to know if 208 sportsman spec has 9 degrees of advance in it.
Thanks.
I have $5 that 212 "sportsman" will be slower than 208. Off road stock sportsman truck Roar Nats, tekin won. IIC Vegas Sportsman, tekin won. 208 had 9 degrees timming in it. Tekin has been asked multiple times to set the record straight they have answered around the question every time. It's not ROAR's fult they dont have the ability to police it yet, they put trust and faith in the companies that make the speedo's. I would feel better about tekin if they would just "man up" and tell everyone they pushed the rule and got busted, it happens in every form of racing. ROAR should also come out and tell people what happend and give Tekin a Penalty for cheating. Say 1 year of not allowing anyone to use Tekin products at a ROAR race. That would send a message that cheating is not OK. This whole not answering the question thing is just making Tekin look even more and more guilty.... I am not a sponsord driver, i have a Tekin RS Pro in my 12th scale and love to use it. It looks bad for our sport when people cheat, get caught and not man up about it...... Its a yes or no question....
Old 10-20-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Murray
I have $5 that 212 "sportsman" will be slower than 208. Off road stock sportsman truck Roar Nats, tekin won. IIC Vegas Sportsman, tekin won. 208 had 9 degrees timming in it. Tekin has been asked multiple times to set the record straight they have answered around the question every time. It's not ROAR's fult they dont have the ability to police it yet, they put trust and faith in the companies that make the speedo's. I would feel better about tekin if they would just "man up" and tell everyone they pushed the rule and got busted, it happens in every form of racing. ROAR should also come out and tell people what happend and give Tekin a Penalty for cheating. Say 1 year of not allowing anyone to use Tekin products at a ROAR race. That would send a message that cheating is not OK. This whole not answering the question thing is just making Tekin look even more and more guilty.... I am not a sponsord driver, i have a Tekin RS Pro in my 12th scale and love to use it. It looks bad for our sport when people cheat, get caught and not man up about it...... Its a yes or no question....
Punishing tekin maybe but not letting anyone use tekin in any roar or whatever events is just plan stupid. Your going to make ppl that have tekin have to go out and spend more money on another product that they dont want or need just because the company did the wrong thing. Its not the person who bought the stuff doing the wrong thing when it was approved.

Yes cheating is bad but hell I tell ya now there is that much cheating going on we all will never know in one form or another. Racing is all about edge and any little edge they will use. its in the nature of racing.

So you would be happy to go and spend another $200 on a new speedie just because they are banned for a year in your eyes..... I dont think you thought that thru unless you got nothing better to spend your money on.
Just my .02
Old 10-20-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hairy
Has 212 been released and where is it if it has?
Hairy - You should know by now that all software upgrades and the really handy setup sheets are always posted on the home page of the Home Shopping Network. Wait, maybe the manufacturers website might have some info? No, probably not, though I think I'm on to something here. How cool would that be if these fancy companys that make these new fangled products we all love, put info about them on their own company website. I'm going to get a business loan and see what comes of this concept - it's a revolution man
Old 10-20-2010, 06:13 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Murray
I have $5 that 212 "sportsman" will be slower than 208.
Ive ran both and can not tell a difference on the track. I actually ran a faster race time and fast lap with 212 than 208 in Zero timing 17.5 this past Sunday when testing.

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.