Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallybloke
Ran the RB30 in my world GT Sunday with 1S LiPo and 10.5 motor. Very impressed for the first run, it is very easy to set up and alter the settings.

Tried several gearings from 65mm up to 75mm roll out and basically confused myself as to weather the turbo was effective at the higher gear or not, or if I should go lower still???? Motor did not get hot at all so perhaps higher???

If anybody has any experience a bit of help would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to an update for 1S cutout

Paul
I'm not to sure about 1s lipo but here is how i see the speed control. If you run spec motors turn boost on as it gives more power and speed and if you run modified motors lower turns maybe use turbo but if high turns just use the time shift to get balance!! But i also find for spec that the higher time shift sometimes reduces your punch and makes gearing feel a little soft. when running a 17.5 or 13.5 i would consider gearing to suit but only running time shift 3 or 4 and and turn up the drive profile to 6 or 7 i find when you start to max everything out you start to heat up the motor a lot more!! so i would recommend for you to run time shift 3 turbo on and drive profile 7 and then gear to temperature or feel of the car as sometimes less is more!!

And a final note the updated software is smoother and punchier with a tad more top end and time shift 5 if you do not have would be good to look into!! hope this helps!!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the advice, will carry on with the experiments. Have not tried different drive profiles yet and don't realy understand them but I'm sure all will become clear.

If anyone is trying this speedo with 1S please share as I'm sure this speedo could be ideal in this form of racing.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallybloke
Thanks for the advice, will carry on with the experiments. Have not tried different drive profiles yet and don't realy understand them but I'm sure all will become clear.

If anyone is trying this speedo with 1S please share as I'm sure this speedo could be ideal in this form of racing.
Drive profiles can be come complicated to explain with some speedies as they have more than one effect on the operation of the speedy but with speedies like this it is simple. The drive profile limits the spool up speed of the motor. For this reason you won't notice as much difference with high turn motors as low turn motors but it dose impact acceleration slightly. For this reason you simply run it high or maxed out and only consider dropping the value if you are having temp problems or you are on a low grip surface where wheelspin is a problem.

Like most companies they are always working on better software so sooner or later there will be a 1s update especially as 1s in becoming more common these days.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Ahh that explains why I seemed to lack a bit of punch! I thought perhaps I was geared to high. Will go to max drive profile and try again.
Thanks

Paul
Old 10-19-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I have an RB30 and 17.5t motor arriving tomorrow, and I need to get hold of some spurs/pinions fast for racing on Wednesday night.

What is a good ballpark for an FDR using the 17.5t in a touring car with turbo on a tight track?

I know there are alot of variables but I'm just looking for a ballpark for its debut.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 10-19-2009, 05:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stephenianjames
Hey guys,

I have an RB30 and 17.5t motor arriving tomorrow, and I need to get hold of some spurs/pinions fast for racing on Wednesday night.

What is a good ballpark for an FDR using the 17.5t in a touring car with turbo on a tight track?

I know there are alot of variables but I'm just looking for a ballpark for its debut.

Thanks,

Steve
Start around around 50mm and go from there. The speedy has slightly more straight line speed than an SPX so you could also compare it to that and gear down 1 tooth.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

I am having some problems with my RB-50 to set it up before use, the green light flashes and the red one flashes. But the red light won't become stable??
is there some way to reset the esc? I am doing it corectly after the instructions
Old 10-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Team_Elli
I am having some problems with my RB-50 to set it up before use, the green light flashes and the red one flashes. But the red light won't become stable??
is there some way to reset the esc? I am doing it corectly after the instructions
This might just be the VR calibration in your radio not being correct. Check your manual out for that.

As for the setup it is much the same as any other radio.

* Turn it on with the set but held down and wait for the green light.
* With throttle in neutral press set
* With throttle held full press set
* With throttle held on full brake press set

If it dosen't work right try reversing your throttle on the radio. You should also set you epa's to max before tuning. This will improve the reading of the throttle position by the speedo due to the increase in "resolution".
Old 10-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks Dragonfire...will give it a crack!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for Dragonfire to answer most of the question

Team_Elli:

Release the button once you see green LED flashes and wait for solid RED LED. Do not press and hold until you see RED LED, that is profile setup mode.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Initiate

team wave will make a ESC for 1/12 on-road ?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

1/12 speedo RB-12 is on the way, stay tuned!
Old 10-23-2009, 03:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by masher
Hi just wondering if anyone else has had problems using the RB50 with Futaba PCM...?? I cannot get the speedo to set or respond in any way...Finally used an old ppm reciever and everything set and worked fine. Love the turbo for spec racing, but wish it would work with PCM, less chance of interferance.

Thanks.
mine difficult to connect the right way with Futaba PCM.. change to my old trusty M8 and Voila.. it perfectly connect..
So why does this speedo did not connect correctly with Futaba PCM?
Old 10-23-2009, 03:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm usually running my RB50 with TW Linear 3.5R 2S Lipo (factory default setting with Turbo On, my gearing 11.2)
but it seem i only get it running right just for 4 minutes then it cut off..
any setting advice will be appreciated..
Also what is the best setting for RB50 with 11.5R motor?
Old 10-23-2009, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nietzbatik
mine difficult to connect the right way with Futaba PCM.. change to my old trusty M8 and Voila.. it perfectly connect..
So why does this speedo did not connect correctly with Futaba PCM?
Just a suggestion which is stated in the manual, did you reverse your throttle output on your transmitter? It is stated in the manual that you have to do that if you are using a Futaba Tx.

I run mine on a 3PKS with either a 75Mhz module/rx combo or Spektrum Pro HRS combo. Both with HRS "ON". They work fine.

Cheers!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.