Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anybody know of any bodies other than the Corvette that are good to run? I may have asked before but I want to be sure. I would like to try and run a paint scheme based on an actual GT race car run in real life
Old 08-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The HPI Mazda RX7 is actually pretty good. That was determined in a 4wd gt class, so YMMV.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I've been watching the IIC runs with the GT-10 cars and the show has been pretty good. Looks like the cars a just a tick slower than 1/12 stock in the hands of some really pretty good 1/12 scale racers.

Anyone have a list of what cars the racers are running? Would be good to know.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I too am waiting on pictures, specs, bodies being used for World GT. Unfortanetly at the track I practice at is all nitro and the best body that works for that track is the Protoform Lola 200mm Body. I also have the Saleen and Corvette. Next to the lola I like the feel of the Saleen followed by the Corvette. Have not tried any other body so that is why I am hoping for more info on World GT class.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

Well Jaco has decided to mass release the World GT spec tire so as to take out one of the major variables in the class.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...spec-tire.html

Last edited by trackdesigner71; 09-02-2008 at 05:44 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I've been watching the IIC runs with the GT-10 cars and the show has been pretty good. Looks like the cars a just a tick slower than 1/12 stock in the hands of some really pretty good 1/12 scale racers.

Anyone have a list of what cars the racers are running? Would be good to know.
All bodies at the IIC in Vegas where Corvettes. Brian Wynn from CRC did try a Toyota Supra but found the Corvette had more steering.

Chassis’ being run at Vegas in the World GT class were:

Corally
Associated 10R5
CRC Gen-X 10
Speed Merchant
CEFX

I did not see any DBR10's but there may have been some of those as well. It was a fun class and all most all of the chassis worked great right off of the trailer. I was looking for more steering the whole week and yes, the cars where light!!!! Mark Smyka, who won the A Main, had to add 5 oz. to his car!!!! The minimum ride height from the highest point of the roof of the car to the track surface is 95mm which means you have to trim the Corvette body well above the cut lines. Dale from Protoform dropped off some of the new Alfa bodies on Friday evening and they are specifically made for the World GT class while the Corvette is still a re-worked sedan body. I can't wait to paint up one of those Alfa's!!!

The A main was really exciting with a major accident on the next to last corner resulting in a CRC win with a 10R5 in second and a Corally in third. The 10R5 was TQ.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crashby
All bodies at the IIC in Vegas where Corvettes. Brian Wynn from CRC did try a Toyota Supra but found the Corvette had more steering.

Corally
Associated 10R5
CRC Gen-X 10
Speed Merchant
CEFX

I did not see any DBR10's but there may have been some of those as well. It was a fun class and all most all of the chassis worked great right off of the trailer. I was looking for more steering the whole week and yes, the cars where light!!!! Mark Smyka, who won the A Main, had to add 5 oz. to his car!!!! The minimum ride height from the highest point of the roof of the car to the track surface is 95mm which means you have to trim the Corvette body well above the cut lines. Dale from Protoform dropped off some of the new Alfa bodies on Friday evening and they are specifically made for the World GT class while the Corvette is still a re-worked sedan body. I can't wait to paint up one of those Alfa's!!!

The A main was really exciting with a major accident on the next to last corner resulting in a CRC win with a 10R5 in second and a Corally in third. The 10R5 was TQ.
any pictures of this alfa you speak of?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
The pic of the Alpha is on RC CarActions website
Old 09-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gijoe64
The pic of the Alpha is on RC CarActions website
where? i don't see any.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...d.php?t=250645
Old 09-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LOW ET
None that I know of. I will be painting one this week. As soon as I get it painted, I will try and post a picture. It's pretty cool!!!! The Protoform Maserati will be available within the next couple of months and Parma should be releasing their Aston Martin by October. This class is fun!!! After the first practice heat, Tuesday morning, everyone that came off of the driver's stand had a big smile on their face.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crashby

Corally
Associated 10R5
CRC Gen-X 10
Speed Merchant
CEFX

Unfortunately we didnt send anyone for this race. It looks like the class was a big hit. I look forward to seeing this class take off.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

Ive got a CRC Pantoura on the way. Anybody know any good painters? Im lookin for a realistic paint job based on a GT race car (other than the Yellow Factory ALMS Corvettes)
Old 09-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
Ive got a CRC Pantoura on the way. Anybody know any good painters? Im lookin for a realistic paint job based on a GT race car (other than the Yellow Factory ALMS Corvettes)
You may also want to check out the Vettes in the www.grand-am.com series. On a side note, the Protoform Mulssane reminds me of the Grand-Am Rolex Daytona Prototype cars.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks. Im going to have somebody do an FIA GT Corvette for me (GMAC Phoenix Carsport Corvette Z06)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.