Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark_stnly
I just noticed on the website (VTA) it says u must use a driver figures head. I thought this was going to be an option. Also about the esc's with timing advance. How would we know if the boost is turned off on the tekin and plus what about the lrp and speed passion. What happens if tech shorts your speedo out or messes it up?

I don't want to see it kill the class. At our track it is bigger than touring foam and rubber. About 10 entries or more a week. You can check us out on www.OVRCCC.com
To check boost. I (as a tech) pick up your car, pull the trigger to full. Hold it for one second. If your motor suddenly accelerates due to turbo kicking in, you get to pack up your VTA car for the day. Its not hard, can be checked track side immediately. Simply impound the car until it can be tested after a race.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks liljohn for your reply.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robk
I am hoping to kill the class at your track. My goal this year is to run everything into the ground.
ygpm
Old 10-14-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Its getting hot in here again! Time to cool it down. After this many pages of alternately fighting for the spirit of the class, fighting to keep the rules intact, fighting to keep the speeds the same or even slower, fighting to keep the bodies or to get new bodies made and improved: still the class grows. This much passion is good if used open minded and constructively. Rob's red text within the quote answered the question seriously. His sarcasm outside the box is obvious if you've ever read any of his previous posts about this class. New ESCs are only a drop in the bucket.

We need 1/10 scale realistic, easy to get driver heads! I hope AndyH can get those rolling for us. I know some driver trays have been posted here, but need to be up on the VTA site if possible.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mark_stnly
Thanks liljohn for your reply.
Thank you. I own several RSs, but don't feel the need to have them in mine and my son's TA cars. The rev test is a dead give away. They literally have a second gear shift sound to them. My eyes just about popped out of my head the first time it came in on my 17.5.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Jesus Christo....this is crazy...is it me or is everyone looking for a fight and an argument these days. Everything is always "the end of the world" or "stupid"......damn anyone want to have any fun anymore or just sit here and complain and argue...and on and on.....
Old 10-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Here's a little snipit from an Omaha HobbyPlex race report last week... lets have fun!

"The driver of the #42 Mustang was involved in a horrific injury crash last night at the Hobbyplex raceway. Losing focus he turned the corner on the sweeper too tight bounced the car head first into the outer wall. His body was ripped apart and thrown completely from the car. Thanks to the quick work of a young track worker he is still alive but in critical condition as professionals from Lion's Automotive Upholstery try and sew him back together. Name withheld while immediate family are notified."

I thought I was done seeing stuff fly out of my car but it kept going! I guess I need to disconnect the ejection seat!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

so wheres the race reports?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Jesus Christo....this is crazy...is it me or is everyone looking for a fight and an argument these days. Everything is always "the end of the world" or "stupid"......damn anyone want to have any fun anymore or just sit here and complain and argue...and on and on.....
Disclaimer: This is supposed to be funny:

Its that time of the month at my house, so I take it out on my RC brothers here.

End of Disclaimer.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

works for me..lol
Old 10-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
so wheres the race reports?
If you're asking about the "Plex its nothing formal... just every now and then someone writes something up on the Nebraska forums. Guess I shouldn't have stated it that way 'cause it sounds like something we do regularly. We do have a manufacturer's championship though that is kinda fun. Pretty simple rules... here they are if anyone is interested.

"1. Points awarded each week based on finishing order (9,6,4,3,2,1).
2. Only the top two drivers for each manufacturer will be scored.
3. Final Points Tiebreakers (Wins, TQ's, Podiums, Coin Toss)"
Old 10-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedybill
WELL!! Great way to reply ...
oh sweet irony!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Anyone got links and part numbers for where to order the driver figure?

Not sure if this applies to 1/10, but is there any issue with revving a motor with no load like that to see if boost is on? I know that it was stated at least for 1/8 brushless that this was a no-no, but dont' recall why.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by padailey
If you're asking about the "Plex its nothing formal... just every now and then someone writes something up on the Nebraska forums. Guess I shouldn't have stated it that way 'cause it sounds like something we do regularly. We do have a manufacturer's championship though that is kinda fun. Pretty simple rules... here they are if anyone is interested.

"1. Points awarded each week based on finishing order (9,6,4,3,2,1).
2. Only the top two drivers for each manufacturer will be scored.
3. Final Points Tiebreakers (Wins, TQ's, Podiums, Coin Toss)"
thats cool..I like that...

it was also asked to change the subject...as well as get all the VTA guys to write up the weekend racing...I do it every race ie....it doesnt have to be this long but you get the pic...

Sunday September 27,2009...The Music City Championship

Well here we are a year later....for the MCC 09'...last year was as great of racing anywhere you could find...this year was even better.

After having mother nature soak and flood our area and beyond for 2 weeks...the idea of having a huge outdoor race seemed a little bleek at times. Alot of guys that were coming from out of town as well as locals didnt feel like it was going to happen. Most of the races in the region got cancelled. So why would we be any different?....thats easy to answer, Tim Moore is spot on when it comes to the weather. He hasnt been wrong all summer, if he says its not going to rain...we are racing!...mid 70's and not a cloud in the sky.....you the man Tim

....wrong report...lol..

http://www.nashrcracer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3506

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 10-14-2009 at 08:05 AM. Reason: long repeat
Old 10-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Anyone got links and part numbers for where to order the driver figure?
Check on Ebay....look under RC cars...and search for cockpit or interior or driver or figure.....

Here are some fun driver figure searches.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-18-GMP-SCCA-Ra...item5ad2bfb596

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-18-GMP-Racing-...item5d25e9b15b

http://cgi.ebay.com/RED-CAST-TOY-TRA...item19b7022511

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.