Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
More news on the Hurricane All-Star Carpet Series and the Great Lakes Series will be forth coming. It should be a heck of a Fall/Winter Race season here in the IL, WI and IN area. Just a little info......Last year in the Hurricane Series we had 44 total drivers enter the TA class over 4 races with 90 total entries so that’s about 22 drivers per race....we had 8 drivers that raced the class at every event. So a lot of local area drivers knew about the TA class being offered and the silly fact is that not even all the local drivers made these races there is probably about 15 to 20 other drivers that never raced in the series but race actively at the local tracks that held series races. The really hard part is getting people to show up to races.
Come on were waiteing for you guys! I missed the last years race because my car wasnt ready to race. Sounds like a great event with that many turn outs. See ya in Cheese land soon
Old 06-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default CASHVILLE 24HR SCALE TRANS-AM ENDURO

UPDATED INFO...

RACE WILL BE MID TO LATE AUGUST(15TH OR 29TH) ON A SATURDAY

THERE WILL BE A REGULAR CLUB RACE FRIDAY NITE @7PM IF ANY OF YOU WANT SOME TRACK TIME

ENTRY FEE WILL BE ONLY $30 PER TEAM, THAT ONLY $10 PER PERSON

MORE INFO TO COME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Old 06-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S.Heath
Three Rivers Festival Vintage Trans-Am Race Saturday July 11
Three Rivers Festival in Fort Wayne, IN
This official Three Rivers Festival event will be held outdoors on a street course on Calhoun street just west of Headwaters Park in downtown Fort Wayne, IN. Pit space with electricity will be available in the pavillion in Headwaters park. Three heats and a main will be run with all heats and mains being 8 minutes. Entry fee for pre-registrations will be $25 and $35 day of race. Each entry will recieve a free T-shirt and entry tickets for the door prize drawings. Trophies will be awarded. With the turnouts that Summit Raceway had at this past season's Vintage Trans-Am Midwest Super Series event, and the VTA class at the ROAR Region 5 Onroad, we are expecting a great crowd. Check out the flyer and registraion form HERE.
Links to the flyer and entry can also be found at the Summit R/C Raceway website at www.summitrcraceway.com, and at the Three Rivers Festival website at www.trfonline.org.
Also check out the many other events taking place during the Festival. The racing will take place withing walking distance of the Verizon Events Pavillion, Arts in the Park display, the Meijer Fest Unlimited with kiddie rides, helicopter rides, bungee jumping and climbing wall, the Crafter's Market and of course Food Alley with a huge selection of festival foods to enjoy.

Anyone in the Indiana area should keep this in mind for July. Should be a crazy time. The parade that kicks the festival off ends near where we'll be racing. Should have lots of spectators. We'll be VTA racing, and anyone with a Slash can bring it as well. We'll be clowning around with those in between racing.

Summit Raceway has had a lot of success this last year with a VTA race, and had a nice turnout for our Region 5 carpet race. VTA was the largest class by far. We'd love to have all the same guys back for this.

Ben
Old 06-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Man, I'm just living in the wrong part ofthe country.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kregger
Man, I'm just living in the wrong part ofthe country.
not really, you just need to come down to NJ on the 21st
Old 06-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k_bojar
not really, you just need to come down to NJ on the 21st
Okay I'll bite , besides fathers day what and where on the 21st.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Okay I'll bite , besides fathers day what and where on the 21st.
Ray's running a VTA/RCGT event at Nifty Fifty's - the home of his HPI Challenge

the race is gonna be at the Nifty Fifty's in Turnersville, NJ - http://www.niftyfiftys.com/locations.asp

Its a later start, track setup around 2pm - but we'll be outta there right around dark
Old 06-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah Kregger, we're actually gonna be using the actual part of the lot the Challenge will be held in, for the first time. We usually race in front of the building....

We wanna make sure everything will work logistically for the August race....

Also, with the later start on the 21st, that'll save ya from getting up way early to commute down....
Old 06-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

just in case any on-roaders are needing a fix....we will be racing at Hobby Lobby asphalt track in Nashville tommorrow at 1pm...Trans-am and 17.5 rubber tire and for you guys coming more than 100 miles you race for free...more info at

http://coolspringsracing.com/

AND DONT FORGET WE NEVER CANCELL...A 95x50 CARPET TRACK AT THUNDER IS AVAILABLE...

CYA BATTMAN
Old 06-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Yeah Kregger, we're actually gonna be using the actual part of the lot the Challenge will be held in, for the first time. We usually race in front of the building....

We wanna make sure everything will work logistically for the August race....

Also, with the later start on the 21st, that'll save ya from getting up way early to commute down....
its not the early commute that gets me its the brutal ride back . Can't make the 21st, fathers day and all. I will be down for the challenge with a couple of other guys, and this year I'm gonna make sure my battery doesn't eject itsef.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Ok you guys are the perfect bunch to answer this question. When I was racing TC I was getting sick of taking my car home in a bag. George making comments about me turning it back into a kit. I had found that when I started VTA, on the 4/27t option, I just wasnt breaking as many parts. Heck I wasnt breaking anything.

Ok what I want to know is, Has anyone noticed more wear and tear on their cars with the 21.5 lipo option? Or more breakage with 21.5 as compared to the four cell powerplant?
Old 06-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've noticed my tires are really starting to go away quicker while running 2s/21.5. Just a matter of how much faster I'm driving and how hard I can drive it...
Old 06-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

its not the early commute that gets me its the brutal ride back . Can't make the 21st, fathers day and all. I will be down for the challenge with a couple of other guys, and this year I'm gonna make sure my battery doesn't eject itsef.
know that feeling
ran friday night with my xxxt 13.5 friday night and announced the races too at my track http://thunder.rc50.com went to bed 1am saturday then woke up at 4am rode to www.reoraceway.com Reo, IN for the quad state series with my mbx5 1/8th and then I drove back saturday night got home a little before midnight and then work up 9am sunday to go to brentwood www.coolspringsracing.com and run rubber 17.5 tc

the trip home saturday night was thanks to mountian dew livewire.....
Old 06-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Ok you guys are the perfect bunch to answer this question. When I was racing TC I was getting sick of taking my car home in a bag. George making comments about me turning it back into a kit. I had found that when I started VTA, on the 4/27t option, I just wasnt breaking as many parts. Heck I wasnt breaking anything.

Ok what I want to know is, Has anyone noticed more wear and tear on their cars with the 21.5 lipo option? Or more breakage with 21.5 as compared to the four cell powerplant?
NO....I will say this that all the debate about speedo and advanced timming has been solved...on our end of the world anyway...we ran every combo out there incl the new LRP SXX,SPX,Speed Passion,GTB,Havok, ect...and ran them all at the same rpm and WOW!...it does require speeding some $$$$, but the results eliminate all the BS....we even had a guy that his 17.5 jammed up on him and allowed him to run a 13.5...and fixed his speed with the devise as well...FAIR,FUN,CHEAP....best saying you could have racing TRANS-AM R/C CARS

check it out

http://coolspringsracing.com/Rules.html

also updated info on the Trans-am 24hr Scale Enduro...addition $100 has been added...

http://www.nashrcracer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3749
Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quick recap for VTA racing from Indianapolis over the weekend.

On Friday night @ Indy Slots we had a solid turn-out of 15 cars. A lot of 180's meant you had to work a few turns to setup a pass. Top 3 cars in the A-Main were within 1 lap. Top 2 cars turned 55 laps in the 8 minute main.

On Sunday afternoon @ Hobbytown North we had 9 cars for parking lot racing. There were a few bumpy spots on the track, so you had to pay attention to your ride height. Everything was shaping up for a good main, but a scattered shower (actually more of a sudden 1/2 hour downpour) put an end to racing in the 2nd round. Hopefully we will be able to make up for it with racing this coming Sunday/Father's day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.