Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is it on asphault? If so, I would love to have your setup. I've been struggling a little bit, and the only oneway setup I found online was Thad Garner's. Everyone else uses spools (disgusting!). Thanks.
-Josh
Old 12-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 12-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by josh69162
Is it on asphault? If so, I would love to have your setup. I've been struggling a little bit, and the only oneway setup I found online was Thad Garner's. Everyone else uses spools (disgusting!). Thanks.
-Josh
sorry no it was on carpet.

but i thought there was a hara setup for oneway on asphalt. hmmm
Old 12-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

I am trying to find a good basic carpet setup for a high traction track w/foams!
thanks
Old 12-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HI EVERYBODY ,HERE'S MY QUESTION.CAN WE USED THE TC4 FRONT DRIVE SHAFT TO OUR PRO4 WHY I'M ASKING, THE PRICE IS SO SO SO CHEAP THEIR(TC4)AFTER MARKET THAN THE PRO4 LET ME KNOW GUYS AND THANKS
Old 12-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Dizzy1 you going to race fri?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jimlazaro
HI EVERYBODY ,HERE'S MY QUESTION.CAN WE USED THE TC4 FRONT DRIVE SHAFT TO OUR PRO4 WHY I'M ASKING, THE PRICE IS SO SO SO CHEAP THEIR(TC4)AFTER MARKET THAN THE PRO4 LET ME KNOW GUYS AND THANKS

you should learn to use thread search (its at the top right, when you're at the top of a page)

but here i searched for you!

Originally Posted by floodo1
yeah again: solutions for cvd's -> tc4 or TiR.
tc4 you just need to buy the bone, its blue so it wont match but its durable
TiR (titanium racing) is a full cvd unit with titanium axle as well. all parts are exclusive to TiR which may be a problem for you. also TiR has a slightly modified thread on the axle to hold the std nut better.

Tc4 on the cheap TiR on the quality imo.

either way you wont be jacking cvd's daily and you wont have to resort to steel dogbone
Originally Posted by floodo1
alright guys heres the ticket on durability of cvd bones from my own personal testing in the front with a oneway

softest:
composite
hpi alum
tc3 shiny
tc4 alum
:hardest

as ramon has previously stated even shiny tc3 bones will bend. this is because the bone necks down to a small diameter right by the ball at the end. it will bend at this spot.

the tc4 alum bone is ginormous compared to all the other avail bones. except the composites, its roughly the same size as the composites just alum. it is by FAR the most durable. running anything else is asking for bendage.

at least in the front. in the rear composites work fine.

i have no experience with the ti cvd's because of the fact that you cant use reg steel axles with them as mentioned above

tc4 blue alum dogbones retail for 21.99 per 2pack (the most expensive of everything i listed above
Old 12-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jimlazaro
If your budget allows i would use Titanium Racings CVD, strong, light and have an awsome life span.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by josh69162
-Josh
You wont find many "pro" set ups using a one way on the net, i would suggest moving to a spool as you will probably find the car much better out doors.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How much longer do the Tir cvd's last compared to the stock alu versions?
I've been through a whole bunch of the alu ones already. Mainly bending front "bones"...

Then again, the Tir CVD's aren't exactly cheap.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AngryAsian
How much longer do the Tir cvd's last compared to the stock alu versions?
I've been through a whole bunch of the alu ones already. Mainly bending front "bones"...

Then again, the Tir CVD's aren't exactly cheap.
look above man! i JUST posted a quote of earlier in this thread talking about which bones are most durable.

basically the only durable ones are TiR complete cvd's, or tc4 hd dogbone (best to get IRS ones with pincushions).

also with TiR complete cvd's you must use all TiR Parts, whereas with tc4 bones you still use reg hpi axles and std mip rebuild kit (same rebuild kit for ALL mip cvd's).

TiR parts are the best, but also cost the most as well
Old 12-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Went 30 tonight floodo1.. The "force" was strong tonight..
Old 12-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default composite tc3 dogbones

How durable are the composite ones? I would suspect after a crash they would spring back to their original shape (or just break in a really hard crash).
Old 12-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Manny
How durable are the composite ones? I would suspect after a crash they would spring back to their original shape (or just break in a really hard crash).
If you try to use them in the front they will break in a very light crash,I have been using them in the rear for some time with good results,The front ones break right where the pin is,It's not very strong there.I have never seen one break in the middle,just where the pin hole is.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xxxkat
If you try to use them in the front they will break in a very light crash,I have been using them in the rear for some time with good results,The front ones break right where the pin is,It's not very strong there.I have never seen one break in the middle,just where the pin hole is.
The Associated composite dog bones are fairly strong. As noted, they will break at the pin hole if you have a really hard crash. I had these on a TC4 (front and rear) and they survived many crashes that broke other parts like suspension arms. I finally broke one after a spectacular crash that also broke the suspension arm, hub carrier and a few screws. I suspect that even an alu dog bone would have bent or broken in this crash.

Ira

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.