Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

A-arms are available
now.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

I run on a carpet track with a 33m straight and various bend types, can any one give any suggestions for gearing a Pro 4 with a Element 19T Spec Revolution.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:58 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by RBLove
I never got a reply to my last post. Why are arms and hubs not available in the USA? Every single part for the car is readily available for purchase from the LHS and Distributor's. Just seems odd everything is available and arms and hubs are backordered..............
My guess would be because arms and hubs get broken more than anything else on the car. The other stuff in readily instock because nobody needs it...

I can't imagine that the arms and hubs are any harder to make than any other part, so that can't be it...
Old 06-19-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

im in the USA and my lhs has arms and hubs in, im not sure y dont have any there, seems kinda weird to me??
Old 06-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Steve B
I run on a carpet track with a 33m straight and various bend types, can any one give any suggestions for gearing a Pro 4 with a Element 19T Spec Revolution.
My Localtrack has a 35m straight so ..gearing I would say should be in the 6.7~7.5 range depending on the infield ect ect..thats what I geared the older ELEMENT with
-Dave
Old 06-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Unhappy Version 1.1 gears cont....

Hey guys I just pic`d up a set of the new Version 1.1 gears..and I have some good andBad news for you guys... the Good news is that they are really beefy around the outer edge of the ring gear...and the bevel gear seems to be a bit re-inforced to.. Now for the Bad news.... All of you guys that have the PRP Brace....... for the one way gear,,, it "WILL NOT WORK" with the newer Ver. 1.1 gear You have to use HPI`s backing brace ( I wondered why HPI`s brace was a bit smaller a couple of days ago when I was doing some testing with the PRP vs HPI backing ring )
So for you users of the PRP brace..I would suggest you stock up on older bevel gears...If you can find them that is

and ALso the newer Pro4 kits here in Japan are now shipping with the Version 1.1 gears and Backing plate ...wonder if the States will be soon to follow

-Dave
Old 06-19-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for that Dave
Old 06-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Hey all

Hey Skill

quick question for you

I have built the diffs up front and rear on the car and both slip at just the right amount ie the front slightly slips less then the rear but the question is although the front diff is tighter it feels smoother in its action then the rear which slips more so would it be better putting the one that feels like it has a bit more resistance up front or leave it in the rear would this cause any handling problems

cheers lads
Old 06-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Can you use stick packs in a Pro-4, or only side-by-side packs?
Old 06-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Stick pack holder parts are included.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Frank, what are you doing in england?

The Pro 4 looks like a great car.......

Ronnie
Old 06-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

man it sucks that the PRP brace doesnt work with the 1.1 gears!!....i just got i last week!!

AND NEW CARS ARE COMIN WITH THE BRACE??? what!?

they should send a set to asll first version owners...
Old 06-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rc_square24
man it sucks that the PRP brace doesnt work with the 1.1 gears!!....i just got i last week!!

I`ll take pic of the Gear today and post it up so you all can see the differance
-Dave
Old 06-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rc_square24

I second that man! that is crappy that they have to change the design so that only their brace work. Thats kinda cutting PRP's legs out from under them if you ask me...

Now on to lighter topics. Got my kit in on wednesday, took it to the track today for a little practice. OMG is this car awesome. Its so silky smooth and quiet. The only problem I had with it was slowing down coming out of the backstretch into the hairpin. Since I had the oneway I couldnt get on the brakes at all so I always came into that corner a little too hot. But other than that the car was awesome. Well Im off now, racing is tomorrow and the diff needs tightening
Old 06-19-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by S15Racer
I second that man! that is crappy that they have to change the design so that only their brace work. Thats kinda cutting PRP's legs out from under them if you ask me...

Now on to lighter topics. Got my kit in on wednesday, took it to the track today for a little practice. OMG is this car awesome. Its so silky smooth and quiet. The only problem I had with it was slowing down coming out of the backstretch into the hairpin. Since I had the oneway I couldnt get on the brakes at all so I always came into that corner a little too hot. But other than that the car was awesome. Well Im off now, racing is tomorrow and the diff needs tightening
It's possible that HPI had this planned before PRP put out their brace but who knows. I know that PRP will probably just revise their design and I just received their spur gear brace and I really like it. PRP has some really nice products, HPI should just go with their parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.