Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys does anyone know where I can buy the Pro4 for cheapest online. I know tower has it for $329, or does anyone know of other online shops that carry the Pro4 so I can check them out.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mossie
Hey guys does anyone know where I can buy the Pro4 for cheapest online. I know tower has it for $329, or does anyone know of other online shops that carry the Pro4 so I can check them out.
www.ultimatehobbies.com

www.hobbypeople.net
Old 04-30-2004, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

thanks champ!
Old 04-30-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

whats the advantage of pro 4 compare to other kits?
Old 04-30-2004, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

it's more like
what isn't pro 4's advantage over other kits?

lol j/k

I like it because i do...

all pro level kits are the same in the hands of an average racer so go and pick out your favourite!.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speedtech = $284.99
Old 04-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Super Steve
it's more like
what isn't pro 4's advantage over other kits?

lol j/k

all pro level kits are the same in the hands of an average racer so go and pick out your favourite!.
ok bro. it depends on the driving skills. whether what kit are you using.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:36 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Super Steve

Well said!

Old 04-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone out there know how to make a 26mm rim fit on the Pro 4 im struggling for ideas.

Cheers
Old 04-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

On the Rear move your shock in one (on the bottom arm mount) Im not shure what you can do for the front.Hope this helps
Old 04-30-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone out there know how to make a 26mm rim fit on the Pro 4 im struggling for ideas.

Cheers
26mm will work fine Im running 28mm foams.

BTW the body on Hara's car is a Mazda 6 look at the pics from the front. you can see the distinctive moldings for the "brake cooling ducts"
Old 04-30-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
Turbo Joe, I do remember and I GREATLY appreciate it!!!

Its obvious that you are a racer otherwise you would not care! I hope you did not take my post personal because it was meant as a general statement not to be directed at anybody! I am sorry that they do not have any more arms left. KT Hobbies does show almost everything except for arms.

It is odd that arms are basically the main part BO??? Didnt somebody say that HPI sends parts every three months? If that is the case I would imagine that the distributers probably did not anticipate how popular the car was going to be after the Pro3 so they didnt order enough parts.

Naahhh...not taking anything personal.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that it's not a distributor/LHS/customer issue...it's an HPI issue. Ultimate *is* a distributor, they've ordered tons of stuff, they're selling lots of the cars...yet they've gotten almost no parts. They have a TON of shock rebuild kits though...seriously, they're set for months.

It looks like just about every distributor got 10-20 sets each...that ain't gonna cut it...LOL Each Hobby People got a set...I found one set tonight in Lake Forest (right by HPI). There are a few more HP stores in the LA area that show them (1 each), but a bunch that are out. The one I was at tonight had a one-way, main shaft, bumper set (everyone has those), sway bars (silver)...and I think that was it...oh yeah, the arms .

I'm going to try and set up a complete front gearbox, ready to go...so I can just pop it in when I break the gears again...

I bought the Tobee inputs from Speedtech, so I have the stockers, I bought the one-way tonight...I got the gearboxes last week...gotta go through my bearing collection (extra new ones and the ones I find around the track at SoCal...LOL) too see if I have enough to make it happen yet.

I'm probably not gonna race it if I don't have any spare arms (because I don't drive too good), but maybe I can at least get it back together now...at least close. I need to see if the diff outdrive rings from my Pro 3 will fit.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Addict

I'm very impressed with the way the Pro 4 handles, last night I finished 1st in the A Final at my local club which I have never done before (come close quite a few times). The car was great all night and I had some very stiff competition.

Is there any news on those carbon fibre upper link mounts that Hara was running?
Old 05-01-2004, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

www.speedtechrc.com have it for $289....well they did last time i looked
Old 05-01-2004, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Parma Alpha

I have to agree with Doug and Ray the Parma Alpha is kick butt! By far the best handling body I have ever run.

Ray, whats up? Give me a call tomorrow if you get a chance I finally have a day off.

S15Racer, I don't know of anybody running a PRO4 at Fastlane this weekend. There is a few of us that have them and they are just flat out awesome. Sounds like they work just as good on carpet as they do asphalt. If you are interested in seeing one I can bring mine up there for you too see. Just let me know I am only about 5 minutes from Fastlane.

Later,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.