Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good thing I have a handful of the older diff gears in my pit box... I like the PRP brace better....
Old 06-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Exclamation Version 1.1 pic

Here is the 1st shot
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-ver-1.1-regular-gear.jpg  
Old 06-19-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up One more

Bevel gears.
-Dave
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-new-16t-bevel-gear.jpg  
Old 06-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Good thing I have a handful of the older diff gears in my pit box... I like the PRP brace better....
Yep your like me Zombies..about 10 sets to be exact
But the Bevel gears are much stronger
-Dave
Old 06-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the props, guys It's too bad my design won't work with the news gears. I'm glad I was able to help guys finish their races with gears intact - for a few months at least. They should continue to keep your gears in good shape for quite a while. I hope you guys can continue to use the part for severl months yet, if not longer.

I think I am learning a lesson. "Manufacturers will eventually fix the problem if it is serious enough". The same thing happened when I made some brace kits for the XXX4 buggy's shock towers. Thankfully I was able to sell all of those kits...

Thanks again!
Ben
Old 06-20-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TeamPRP
Thanks for the props, guys It's too bad my design won't work with the news gears. I'm glad I was able to help guys finish their races with gears intact - for a few months at least. They should continue to keep your gears in good shape for quite a while. I hope you guys can continue to use the part for severl months yet, if not longer.

I think I am learning a lesson. "Manufacturers will eventually fix the problem if it is serious enough". The same thing happened when I made some brace kits for the XXX4 buggy's shock towers. Thankfully I was able to sell all of those kits...

Thanks again!
Ben
Don`t worry Ben.. I`ll stillbe using your backing plate...because it`s lighter than the HPI one and plus I have a bunch of version 1 gears left

-Dave
Old 06-20-2004, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by BlueisBetter
Hey all

Hey Skill

quick question for you

I have built the diffs up front and rear on the car and both slip at just the right amount ie the front slightly slips less then the rear but the question is although the front diff is tighter it feels smoother in its action then the rear which slips more so would it be better putting the one that feels like it has a bit more resistance up front or leave it in the rear would this cause any handling problems

cheers lads
If you prefer a tighter front diff then I would swap them round. However, my front diff also seems smoother than the rear diff and my car handles great!
Old 06-20-2004, 02:07 AM
Tech Adept

Is there a new kit coming out with the updated parts or will you still have to buy them separately?
Old 06-20-2004, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

i've found with my pro4 that the rear diff keeps loosening itself. i run a hacker 6T.

after applying threadlock to the nut, not long after this the long diff screw snaped at the head.

is there a safe way to keep the diff a consistent tightness?

ALSO IS IT POSSIBLE DO PLACE A THICKER SCREW THROUGH THE DIFF SYSTEM? ie a xray rear diff screw?

regarding the old pro4 oneway gears i ordered 12 from japan, i think i dead-set ordered the last of the mohikans
Old 06-20-2004, 07:06 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Most people have been replacing their diff screws and diff nut with Associated's diff screw, T-nut, and spring.

I've have the parts to make the switch, but haven't done it yet. Probably will do it today since this is a off weekend for me.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Darkseid
Most people have been replacing their diff screws and diff nut with Associated's diff screw, T-nut, and spring.
and i decide to ask this question only AFTER i order $17000 yen worth of parts!

personally i found the hpi t nut very strong. is th associated one even stronger?!

is the thread on the asso screw thicker than hpi's?
Old 06-20-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

AE's diff spring is stronger, and the t-nut integrates the nut and plastic portion. There is more nylon to grab the screw. I believe the screw is a bit bigger as well.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You know I just love my Pro4,Best car I have had..ever,I will put up with a few problems,To be this fast.. Due to some stuff going on I had not been able to race for about 8 weeks,Raced last night and all I can say is wow..this car is so easy to set up and drive,finished in 2nd in 19 turn and same in stock,I had the fastest lap times but I had not raced in so long I would brain fade 2-3 times in a race..
Old 06-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: HEATSINK MOTOR MOUNT

Can someone tell me what is meant by 'both front and rear suspension mounts without any spacers.'??

I do not have the 'assembly guide' and it is not avail for download so I think I may be missing out on some useful info.

Please help

Originally posted by Skill
I was experiencing understeer in the initial turn-in. A couple of other guys at my club were running Pro 4's and were running both front and rear suspension mounts without any spacers. This seemed to get the back end to come out a little on the turn in and made the car much more driveable.

However, I'm sure you could get even more of an effect by only lowering either the front or rear, one way will give you more grip and the other less but I'm not sure which way around it goes.

I find the setup tips in the manual very helpful to find out what things do, the first thing I would try is to run the standard rear sway bar but not the front one.
Old 06-20-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

First of all if you go onto HPI's website I'm sure they have the manual posted for download there. (If not on HPI USA try HPI Europe (www.hpieurope.com).

Basically what I meant was to take out the spacers between the suspension arm mounts (the purple alloy bits which are screwed onto the chassis) and the chassis. The spacers are rectangular with 2 holes, one each end and come in purple and black depending on thickness.

I have attached a picture showing the suspension arm mount and the spacer underneath it.
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-spacers.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.