Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

i've ordered from them before with no problems. Hmm How do i get ahold of rc nut?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

His web site address is all over this thread.

http://www.rcnutshobbies.com
Old 04-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Got a few more questions for you guys.

Where can i get that Mugen Grease from?

Where can i get longer rear mounting posts?

Is the aluminum lower front bumper mount thing worth buying? I don't care if its lighter, i just want to know if its stronger than the plastic one and if anyone has had problems with the plastic one breaking. its 19.99 on ebay and if it doesn't break then i won't waste my money.

I like ordering from tower hobbies so anything i can get there i usually do. I want to have everything ordered so i dont' keep having to buy fricken parts.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 04-25-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

also i want to have on hand the extra parts that usually break with the clutch mechanism. For example the bearings, where can i get those? I have the thrust washer (somewhere) but i don't know exactly what goes wrong with these clutches. Any info appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-25-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

budlightnmyhand, Pretty clear here now, but not when it needed to be. Do you race up at Mentor?

You can get the Mugen super grease through Ashford Hobby. www.ashfordhobby.com I can get things here in Columbus in two days from them so you should have no problem getting stuff in a hurry. As for G4 parts, RCNut is the way to go.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default 2 speed question

A friend of mine built his G4(I have just started building mine)and we went out to break the engine in. After several tanks we started to open it up and right away we noticed it would not shift into second gear. So we loosened up the screws in the 2 speed and it still would not shift. This was the first gas car my friend had built but I took everything apart and didn't not see any problems. Anyone have any idea why the car would not shift into second gear? Maybe it is something we are both overlooking...maybe if someone can break down the basic operation of a 2 speed and what should and should not be happening.

thanks
Old 04-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

i have never raced. I am still breaking in my motor. I only have about 3 tanks of gas through it. I had some problems with my glow starter. What size battery do i need to buy for dynamite metered one It came with a charger that i stick in the end of the glow plug igniter? I don't know where to race. This is so much fun though. I love the sound of a nitro motor. 100 times better than battery powered cars

Mike
Old 04-25-2004, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

RCNUT, since there is a new distrubutor is there going to be any price changes?
Old 04-25-2004, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

The 2 speed works on how fast its spinning you might be in second to begin with if you have the springs too loose. Just tighten them down and then slowly work them out till you can hear it shift into second. I don't think mines shifting either but i haven't fully opened up my car because i'm still breaking in my motor. It might be shifting and you don't even know it

Mike
Old 04-25-2004, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

The G4 has one of the smoothest shifting 2 speeds I've seen. I used to think mine wasn't shifting, especially because you can't hear it like on other cars. Try this:

Hold the car up in the air by the roll bar. S l o w l y start to increase the throttle very little at a time. When it shifts you won't even hear it but you'll feel the car jump when it does. It's the only way I've been able to tell.
Old 04-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

KMAC, how far do you have the screws turned out on the 2 speed tranny. I just need a starting point and if you have yours dialed in, it would probably be good for me to start there.

Also where can i get longer rear body posts?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Smile

the price of some item is cheaper with new distributor
the list price of KF chassis is 100 on trinity site but powerracing tell me is 65 there
Old 04-25-2004, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

mine is set exactly where the instructions say; I believe the bottom of the screw head is flush with the hole on the side that the screw goes into. Check your instructions to be sure.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

ok i think i have the top of the screw head flush. I didn't really understand the instructions. I will check that out when i rip the car apart to replace those bearings and put in the new parts i'm ordering.

No one has answered me on where i can get longer rear body mount posts from. They are so small that only one body i have fits with these short posts. Which ones do i buy??

THanks,
Mike

Last edited by budlightnmyhand; 04-25-2004 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

No one has answered me on where i can get longer rear body mount posts from. They are so small that only one body i have fits with these short posts. Which ones do i buy??
You can RCmart or ebay and buy the GPM alloy rear body post. On ebay I think RCmart seller name is Dinball. They're a two piece body post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.