Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Steering problems on my G4

Originally posted by spotinc
I am having the same problem that, I am in the brazil and here support for the G4 does not exist, taste very of the car and until it waited runs the Brazilian Championship with it and to mount a new for the world-wide Championship of 2004, but with as many presented problems, this me force to move of car
This poster is from Brazil... His post was from today... I asked him to come over to the G4 forum for any help we can give him... Need I say more Reg Mod. ??? Hey, you said you're not seeing any problems... G4 owners all over the world are starting to find there way here on RCTech posting what is happening to there G4's with steering issues... I can quote others from different contries as well with the same problems... But I think I've prove my point...

RC_Alan
Old 06-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Metal servo arm

I had an idea while WATCHING the nitro main yesterday. I had a similar problem with the micro rs4 when it first came out. The one-way diff insert kept breaking off the little tabs on the diff case that went into the belt pulley. I work at a large dental clinic were I have the availability of using a casting machine that makes dental crowns and bridges. I took the plastic piece to one of my friends who invested the plastic piece in stone and then casted the piece in a strong dental alloy. Needless to say I never broke a front diff case again. I am going to try the same thing with the top servo arm this week. Why buy the GPM junk when all I need is the metal arm? I will try to get pics posted later in the week. I know that this is not something that everyone has access to but it might be a cheap solution to part of the problem until TM releases their solution.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default Today's running

I had a fairly good day today. The helios radio really helps with fast response time. I avoided two major pile-ups today. I did do what v6 said by flipping over the alum steering rail mounts and I must say it helped the steering alot. I also added a 1mm spacer from the steering servo saver arm to the tie rod to make it more parallel. I did not have any steering issues at all. I actually passed two Kyosho v-one-rr evo around an s turn. After doing that twice, people started asking what I was driving. The Sirio Evo 2 in my opinion is one of the easiest engiens to tune. Hope everyone else did well.
Old 06-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by rc_alan
I'm not trying to be negitive to you in anyway and was not trying to flame you in my last post. I'm just posting the facts.

Yes, don't worry. I think no one starting to flame out. And also I'm asking that I'm curious, not judging. You can see a question mark on the end of my sentence...

Pyramid, I just bought the G4 over the weekend and have completed the car yesturday. I to am having... etc etc etc...
I to didn't start posting here when I first got my car... I found out about the forums through word of mouth, by then I already had two G4's...
So, which quote is the fact really?

If your car is perfect.. Great... Many G4 owners are not so lucky...
If your car have some problem, I feel so sorry... But many more G4 owners are not having these problems...

I'm curious why you guys have this problems. But, they must be curious why we are never having the same problem right? My point is, every cars have their own issue (different track, different condition, etc) Again, I'm not saying that G4 is a perfect car. We've suffer many problems with this car, but unfortunately never had the steering issue. Again, thats why I'm curious...

Cheers
Old 06-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default today's outing

Well, here I am in front of my cpu, after a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng day of racing. We had a really good turnout, 11 heats in all between 1/10 touring and 1/8th scale. It was a two day event at Nercar.com. I ran only today, two rounds and a main for me wioth no bump ups.

Let me just say this-" Your car is balistic"..... That is all I heard all day. Aside from minor technical probs, such as ball cups popping off of the servo saver, and flaming out after fueling, I ran a decent day. My first qual was a 20 5:11 est, Tq was 20 5:09., So you can see I was close for no practice, and no tunning.

I used the almighty crappy GPM alloy upper arm, I locked it to the saver, and didnt have any steering issues other than the same cup kept on popping. I also installed GPM's Ti rotor, ti suspension pins, 3 racing light 2 speed housing, 1st gear housing, Kfact alloy frt shaft mount w exhaust mount, k fact rear trans brace w tensioner, k fact aluminum throttle mount.

I ended my dayy qual'd 7th in the B, the day was close, runnig in the battle for the lead for 18 min's ,and DNF due to that damn ball cup. I WILL fix that tommorrow. All in all I just wanted track time. It was a good test. My clutch was awesome, my two speed was perfect, and the steering was unaffected today. Now I just have to fininsh the damn race! I hope all of you had a good day to.,

Mike, I am glad to see my little mod worked for you , I think everyone should do it. I now have a little bit of rubb on the frt shock ball cups, I need to address that also. Hopefully we will cross paths soon, bytw where did you run today?
Old 06-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Man, I pitted for a guy today that had a fast car. Too bad some of it is below par in construction and design. Get it fixed so we can get you on the podium next time.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Good to hear about the g4s doing well at the track . Keep it up!
Old 06-13-2004, 08:20 PM

Hi guys, please not make to much trash on this threat and let us put the bad thing behind and see what to do with the steering issues. I know that I will have trouble with steering if I did not cleanned it on a regular bassis. I believe that what I posted on this threat a while back ago saying that I`m still keeping the G4 but using less milage on them or I think I said when the rival is Hard, my G4 will stand by me or something like that.

At this point we know, it needs proper and timely maintanance on the steering system. `True Ackerman` is also a very true point as well since my S710 did not have this and could not turn as sharp as the G4 which I`m now trying to make a new ackerman on the S710.

For you that is consider hard core racing freaks, you might wanted to do steering modification like TC3 or Baracuda R3 or such to have better movement (less maintanance) and still having True Ackerman which is the main point for that kind of system.

Just as Daniz24 said, I`m bussy modifying and experimenting my S710 at this moment becuase this car does not handle well (compare to G4 at least) out of the box = hurting our sales. When the time comes, I will do such thing to my G4. In fact, we sold almost twice as much for the G4 and still counting becuase it needs no marketing as it speaks for its oustanding performance.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Have any of you guys try flipping your steering rails? Like, taking one rail and flip it over? It seemed to give me a little more steering block life (before I replace it).
Before the flip, I noticed that when I turn my wheels to the right, there was some binding. There's less binding now but, my steering isn't as tight and smooth as it has been in the past. I think this is because my rear steering rail is missing the tips on the end. I guess they have broken off inside the bulkhead.

I hope this information is helpful.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by Aggdaddy
Have any of you guys try flipping your steering rails? Like, taking one rail and flip it over? It seemed to give me a little more steering block life (before I replace it).
Before the flip, I noticed that when I turn my wheels to the right, there was some binding. There's less binding now but, my steering isn't as tight and smooth as it has been in the past. I think this is because my rear steering rail is missing the tips on the end. I guess they have broken off inside the bulkhead.

I hope this information is helpful.
You mean as flipping the KFactory blue aluminum steering block?
Old 06-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Nope, just the rail. It seems like over time, part of that rail has become rough or uneven causing my steering block to bind on one side.

I haven't been driving much, but I plan to rebuild my front bulkheads and I'll replace my steering rails too.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Regional Moderator

What some of my friend's done is replace the standard dust cover (even some people are not install them at all) to the K-Factory's K1476 - High Density Servo Saver Dust Cover.

I think it's not the rails that become uneven, it is very important to pay attention to the rail's mount and need to adjust it again after a while...

Last edited by daniz24; 06-14-2004 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: today's outing

Originally posted by Vr6vroom
I used the almighty crappy GPM alloy upper arm, I locked it to the saver, and didnt have any steering issues other than the same cup kept on popping.
Yes, this ball cup thing is kinda frustating sometime. But most of all have done some modification to prevent any problems again...
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-dscn1822.jpg  
Old 06-14-2004, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Re: today's outing

Originally posted by daniz24
Yes, this ball cup thing is kinda frustating sometime. But most of all have done some modification to prevent any problems again...
Serpent Ball Cup? with original ball?
Old 06-14-2004, 12:17 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: today's outing

Originally posted by Pyramid
Serpent Ball Cup? with original ball?
Haha Yes... actually, I hate it when my car has other car's parts installed (Serpent this time for ball cup, Kyosho for rear differential gear set and Yokomo for Shocks)

Do you also realized that all the Evo kits are comes with the longer rear suspension hinge pin? Cool And for some other parts, I must say the Evo comes with a little bit better in quality...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.