Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Have a look ....Now much faster to change...and the spacer is now intigrated into the Bulkhead

-Dave

Seen that pic and been wondering, how do you get the sway bar out? All you can tell from that angle is the sway bar goes through the bulkhead, but there must be a slot or something for you to be able to change sway bars surely? Are the black tube bits on the sway bars something to do with the answer?
Old 10-22-2003, 02:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator
Seen that pic and been wondering, how do you get the sway bar out? All you can tell from that angle is the sway bar goes through the bulkhead, but there must be a slot or something for you to be able to change sway bars surely? Are the black tube bits on the sway bars something to do with the answer?

You are right Hermi

The Black Alloy stoppers on the Sway bars do have something to do with it

The Bulk heads have a hole that is drilled to 2.5~3mm and accepts the Stablizer and the 2 black holders are beveled to each side to make a stabilizer that doesn't bind or have any slop ....so in laymans terms ................They hold the Stabilzer in place no mater what the Dia. is and since the Hole is drilled larger... you can pull the stabilizer out with ease....I watched them do it at the Hobby Show Quite Trick
-Dave
Old 10-22-2003, 04:18 AM
Tech Regular

Dave: Does the entire drive train of the R3 come off with the top deck? The pics I've seen so far seem to suggest so.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:12 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Ceramic bearings

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
If you had ever felt a shaft drive with ceramics youd know why youd want them...They will double your spin time just by installing them...no BS.

If I can get enough orders I can sell them for 90-100 range. But need to see if the interest is there before I chunk the change over

ea.

EA you can count me in on a set
Old 10-22-2003, 06:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Ceramic bearings

Any of you guys interested in some ceramic bearings for the cuda.

Hey Heath...You going to fernando's for the tristate race this weekend? Im taking the cuda down to see how good it is on rubber tires....It was DIALED on foams this past weekend at the Alabama race.

eric
EA that sure will be a nice track to test the cuda on some rubber tires by the way you using the short arm set up? or the pillow balls?
Old 10-22-2003, 06:13 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You are right Hermi

The Black Alloy stoppers on the Sway bars do have something to do with it

The Bulk heads have a hole that is drilled to 2.5~3mm and accepts the Stablizer and the 2 black holders are beveled to each side to make a stabilizer that doesn't bind or have any slop ....so in laymans terms ................They hold the Stabilzer in place no mater what the Dia. is and since the Hole is drilled larger... you can pull the stabilizer out with ease....I watched them do it at the Hobby Show Quite Trick
-Dave

So that means no more removing the rear or front stays to install the sway bars? that will be a plus fro sure

Last edited by Ko Racer; 10-22-2003 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Ceramic bearings

EA

at that price count me in for a set too
Old 10-22-2003, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by itchynads
Dave: Does the entire drive train of the R3 come off with the top deck? The pics I've seen so far seem to suggest so.
It sure does ...along with one screw on the bottom of the motor mount

-Dave
Old 10-22-2003, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Ceramic bearings

If you had ever felt a shaft drive with ceramics youd know why youd want them...They will double your spin time just by installing them...no BS.

If I can get enough orders I can sell them for 90-100 range. But need to see if the interest is there before I chunk the change over

ea.

I would be down for 2~3 sets

-Dave
Old 10-22-2003, 09:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
anyone have any pics on how the sway bars mount?
Dumb me...I ment for the R2, not the R3...lol...I think I know 2 ways to mount them but wanted to be for sure...a pic or 10 would be nice...Thanks.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi guys,

I tried out my R2 last night (mid night run) first I want to say that it is never a good idea to run your car on the street, at night, with parked cars around (no I didn't hit anything....except I backed into the curb and chip the chassis a bit... ) Having said that...I had a mild 11x3 in there, slightly over geared...and good lord does this thing fly!!! To be honest, I never tried the car in mod, at most 19T at the Reedy Race...the acceleration out of the car is unbelieveable, and this is only a 11x3. The car is scary fast...maybe I should run stock this coming Sunday

One thing I noticed, and for those that have been having front one-way problems with the one-way bearing pins. You might want to check and make sure that there is O-ring spacer in the outdrive. This will ride against the universal dogbone to prevent the outdrives from coming out of the one-way housing. Without this Oring, the one-way outdrive will work it self out of the housing and then the outdrive will only be riding on a portion of the one-way bearing and the bushing on the outside. This puts a lot of stress on the one-way bearing and it can cause the pins to move in its housing. Guys with quad bearing one-ways won't have to worry about this I assume, but it's still a good idea to have the Oring in there

Steve Wang

Last edited by SpeedTech; 10-22-2003 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Dumb me...I ment for the R2, not the R3...lol...I think I know 2 ways to mount them but wanted to be for sure...a pic or 10 would be nice...Thanks.
here is one way
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-cuda-3.jpg  
Old 10-22-2003, 09:31 AM
Regional Moderator

here is another
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-p1000665.jpg  
Old 10-22-2003, 09:37 AM
Regional Moderator

another silly question...are you supposed to use the #1-#4 spacers that came with the kit and replace the black aluminum spacer between the shock towers and aluminum pieces that hold the diff or 1 way??
Old 10-22-2003, 09:42 AM
Regional Moderator

Another silly question part 2...I have put all of my upgrade stuff on my car, (except the sway bars), and I try to spin the wheels forward and it will not go. One wheel does but both together it will not. It is a brand new one way. It will go backwards...The right wheel is the one that spins freely. No I have not put any electronics in the car. It still needs it installed plus the servo mounts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.