Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Tree..what do you mean you are running kyosho diffs? Are you running the bevel gears from the kyosho, or diff cases, or everything? I read that the gears break pretty easily.
Thanks
Old 05-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am using Kyosho STR diffs front, center and rear. I currently have a 52T spur gear installed and I had to modify the chassis brace and drill out the chassis to move the engine mounts closer to the spur gear. I really want to get a BCE chassis but $$ is a little tight right now.

I switched over to kyosho diffs several months before I heard Gene Hickerson was coming out with his cross pin conversion. If I would have known about the cross pins I probably would have just bought and used the cross pins with the plastic cases. I would have saved a little money too.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Which engine you guys recomend

Hey guys I bought my Hot Mods novarossi N528XR used and I'm having a horriable time tunning it. I'll just put new bearings and seals in it one day and try it again, but for now I'm wantting a good strong motor that holds it's tune well. What motor due guys recomend? Thanks
Old 05-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just ordered a LRP .28 engine for my TR. I dont race, but I only run my TR on the track with my buddies. What do you guys think of the LRP .28?
Old 05-22-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I seen it in action last year on some truck. It seemed to be very powerful.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Momo5
I just ordered a LRP .28 engine for my TR. I dont race, but I only run my TR on the track with my buddies. What do you guys think of the LRP .28?
It was very grunty until the pin rod broke.. I sent it to AE for warrantee 2 weeks ago so I hope they fix it or give me a replacement..
Old 05-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

O.S. 28XZ Truggy

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNYP3&P=ML
Old 05-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

How many shims do you have to ad to the rear to put the buggy hexes on the TR. Mcran can you help me out with your thoughts about brake bias? I just installed the Advantage discs, I was running more front but didnt like it because my local track has mostly 180 deg turns. And I am thinking about trying some lpr 0 offsets. I love my mtr 1/2 offsets but the lanes on my local track are very small so I was thinking that 1-2 inches narrower my help me slide by alittle easier. What do you guys think? And about the lpr's my track is loose so am I good with the mtr or would lpr help? I run Crimefighters and am going to stick with them, they hook. But I want to try the goosebumps when availible, the buggy guys are running them and I run them on my FTT4.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

I ran the LRP at the begining of last year and it was very powerful. I played around with the carb inserts depending on tracks and conditions. When tuned properly, it was respectable on for fuel mileage. I am in the process of breaking in my new Dynamite Platinum .28. It is very similar to the LRP. I believe there is just a little difference in some of the porting and the carb.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Malik:
We were using the 0 off-set with the buggy hexes and it was working really good on a very small track with 180 turns. We recently went to 6mm Losi Hexes that Mario Knox give us. I just ordered the 9mm Dace hexes just to stabilize the truck on really fast big tracks. The wider the truck the less steering you will have. Justin usually likes to run 50/50 brake bias with maybe a little more front brake. I believe Gene and Corey run a little more rear brake but it makes the truck a little harder to drive but both are really fast so it works. Just depends on your driving style.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/8110
Old 05-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

it also depends on the track conditions i think 50/50 would be a great start
Old 05-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

I have it set with a litttle bit more rear than front right now, I will try that 1st and if i dont like that tomorrow I will try to get it as close to 50/50 as I can. I had just bought a new set of 1/2 offsets last week, I wish I would have bought the 0 offsets to try. I am not lacking steering though. But the narrower stance I thought migh help me beacuse the lanes at my local track arent very wide. I am this week going to the plastic diffcases. Does that warrant changingany of my diff fluids? I mean because of the weight loss, and or less rotating mass. Or does that have nothing to do with it. I thought maybe I would need to go alittle lighter in the rear IDK.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Going to the plastic cases shouldn't require a change in diff oil.

Colin
Old 05-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, at the track today and once last week I have had trouble with the top screws that hold the cnc front knuckles on the stock plastic hubs. I use blue threadlock, should I get some red and mix the 2 together for thse screws. I have had this problem since I went to the cnc knuckles. Anybody had this problem? What should I do? Besides that happening I did very well I am getting comfortable with the TR now.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by malik
Ok, at the track today and once last week I have had trouble with the top screws that hold the cnc front knuckles on the stock plastic hubs. I use blue threadlock, should I get some red and mix the 2 together for thse screws. I have had this problem since I went to the cnc knuckles. Anybody had this problem? What should I do? Besides that happening I did very well I am getting comfortable with the TR now.

Do not use red locktite on the knuckles unless you never want to take them apart.
I use blue and have never had a problem.

Colin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.