Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

from their 1/8 scale race WHAT ARE THE OTHER CARS ?????? GO FIGURE?XRAY Wins Nordic Xray Challenge 2007 IS THIS FAIR 1 Robert Gustafsson XRAY
2 John Hazelwood XRAY
3 Lars Alex Jensen
4 Rune Karlsen
5 Mikael Palsson
6 Frode Skauen
7 Brennan Ralls XRAY
8 Peter Harder XRAY
9 Morten Thorkildsen XRAY
10 Tim Culmsee
11 Steffen Culmsee
12 Christoffer Svensson
13 Jonas Kaerup
14 Henrik Nilsson
Old 04-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, first of all, life is not "fair". What smart business person would promote anything but their own product on their website. At the end of the day, race results are their advertising. Something to think about.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Art Jensen
Well, first of all, life is not "fair". What smart business person would promote anything but their own product on their website. At the end of the day, race results are their advertising. Something to think about.
yes your right , they make nice stuff but come on guys cant they be a little more kind to the other racer and name their rides.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AddictedToRacin
I used the original 26t pulley and I had a 1,5mm split at the end because I simply overestimated the wear (with the Serpent I had much more tire wear).
But to be honest, the NT1 is fast with every tire split. I tried since friday how the car drives with different splits. You haven't to worry about it because the car drives nearly the same all the time. I even wondered how good it drove when I had 2 mm bigger rear tires

I usually start with 0.950 overdrive ratio ( actually it's underdrive ). It's 3mm split. I aim to get 4WD feeling at minutes 30 to 45. I feel much better driving 2WD slightly.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LORD SHADO
from their 1/8 scale race WHAT ARE THE OTHER CARS ?????? GO FIGURE?XRAY Wins Nordic Xray Challenge 2007 IS THIS FAIR 1 Robert Gustafsson XRAY
2 John Hazelwood XRAY
3 Lars Alex Jensen
4 Rune Karlsen
5 Mikael Palsson
6 Frode Skauen
7 Brennan Ralls XRAY
8 Peter Harder XRAY
9 Morten Thorkildsen XRAY
10 Tim Culmsee
11 Steffen Culmsee
12 Christoffer Svensson
13 Jonas Kaerup
14 Henrik Nilsson
Serpent is also blamed for doing this... in the end it turns out the guy that posts the article doesn't know all the brands that the drivers run... sometimes it's just lack of information.... Don't forget that there's a guy at the track providing information to the publisher of the article.... the guy at the track doesn't really pay attention to all the brands
Old 04-26-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

here's little presentation of my new car:

My NT1

I will update the pictures every day.

au revoir.

Romuald
Old 04-26-2007, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

very nice.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nice build
Old 04-26-2007, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

Originally Posted by LORD SHADO
yes your right , they make nice stuff but come on guys cant they be a little more kind to the other racer and name their rides.

alot of the MFG's don't list other cars...thats why I never pay attention to the bragging rights......that x ray win list is impressive.....but it would carry more weight if the other cars were listed,as well as the bmains...... for example,if every x ray was in the a,nice job.......if all the other cars were serpents,and the b was filled with x rays,its another perspective......

the number of laps should be listed also...
Old 04-26-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by _cyclops_
Serpent is also blamed for doing this... in the end it turns out the guy that posts the article doesn't know all the brands that the drivers run... sometimes it's just lack of information.... Don't forget that there's a guy at the track providing information to the publisher of the article.... the guy at the track doesn't really pay attention to all the brands
Exactly!

I can't see how someone could possibly be mad at a manufacturer for not posting the brands of other cars, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Quite frankly, race directors don't find this information very important - and the guys that write the timing software probably don't give a rip either.

About the only people who are even close to doing a good job at collecting this information, are the guys that run the IFMAR Worlds. I believe they collect what chassis and engine people are running at the beginning of the event. Not sure if that gets updated for the Mains.

The only way this information could accurately be collected, is if drivers checked in before each heat and qualifier, stated what chassis and engine they were running and that information was entered into the timing system and posted along with the results. IMO, that is asking way to much of everyone. People bring different chassis and engines to an event, so who knows what they are running at any point in the event. To expect anyone to keep track of that information (even of the drivers) is really unreasonable. To really do a good job at this, you would have to have a designated individual, responsible for collecting this information - and we all know that ain't going to happen.

I'm sure a lot of people want to know what gear people were using at an event (I am probably at the top of the list) - and not just chassis and engines - transmitters, body and tires as well, but I don't think the situation will change. Ever!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
alot of the MFG's don't list other cars...thats why I never pay attention to the bragging rights......that x ray win list is impressive.....but it would carry more weight if the other cars were listed,as well as the bmains...... for example,if every x ray was in the a,nice job.......if all the other cars were serpents,and the b was filled with x rays,its another perspective......

the number of laps should be listed also...
The best way to generate sales, is to stack the deck. The more Team drivers you have at an event, the better your chances are of having more of them in the A Main and placing in the top 3. If Team XRAY would have sent all three Musketeers to the Mugen GP, all of them would have placed in the A Main and IMO, at least one of them would have placed in the top 3.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
The best way to generate sales, is to stack the deck. The more Team drivers you have at an event, the better your chances are of having more of them in the A Main and placing in the top 3. If Team XRAY would have sent all three Musketeers to the Mugen GP, all of them would have placed in the A Main and IMO, at least one of them would have placed in the top 3.

my point exactly...I'm not saying x ray is wrong,it's good business sense for the uninitiated when it comes to forming an opinion in what car to buy..
Old 04-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Just in case anyone wants to get back to the subject, RC America has the NT1 kits and most parts in and they are ready to go.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Art Jensen
Just in case anyone wants to get back to the subject, RC America has the NT1 kits and most parts in and they are ready to go.
Any idea when they'll be showing up in hobby shops? Our local shop has a few ordered and no one is quite sure when they'll arrive.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Exactly!

I can't see how someone could possibly be mad at a manufacturer for not posting the brands of other cars, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Quite frankly, race directors don't find this information very important - and the guys that write the timing software probably don't give a rip either.

About the only people who are even close to doing a good job at collecting this information, are the guys that run the IFMAR Worlds. I believe they collect what chassis and engine people are running at the beginning of the event. Not sure if that gets updated for the Mains.

The only way this information could accurately be collected, is if drivers checked in before each heat and qualifier, stated what chassis and engine they were running and that information was entered into the timing system and posted along with the results. IMO, that is asking way to much of everyone. People bring different chassis and engines to an event, so who knows what they are running at any point in the event. To expect anyone to keep track of that information (even of the drivers) is really unreasonable. To really do a good job at this, you would have to have a designated individual, responsible for collecting this information - and we all know that ain't going to happen.

I'm sure a lot of people want to know what gear people were using at an event (I am probably at the top of the list) - and not just chassis and engines - transmitters, body and tires as well, but I don't think the situation will change. Ever!

Totally agree, just see what happend on the WC 1/12th electro, Corally won it, but not with the default car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.