Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
The servo is mounted stock. The arm is the new alum. hudy arm for the 808. The servo is a 2667 kopropo. With this arm it has to be mounted on the front of it. We were braking the plastic one so we went with the alum. and have had no problems.

Thanks Drew
Hey Drew is Xray making a worlds car? If so i just wait instead of getting one now
Old 08-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by younghovaa
Hey Drew is Xray making a worlds car? If so i just wait instead of getting one now
There are talks about a "Ralph Burch WC Kit". So I think with this being there first World Championship that yes there will be

Thanks Drew
Old 08-10-2010, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

Hi does anyone have a good starting setup for a low grip track? also what is currently the best body shell to go for? i have heard good things about the titan rs4 but unsure?

Cheers
Old 08-10-2010, 04:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kickass
We here in down under also experienced mixed success with the composite, 1 driver running 4-5 meetings with no probs and myself the gears lasting 2 litres same pin issue, back to the steel for me!
it just doesn't seem like the right place to put plastic IMHO Kickass. the moment a bit of play begins to occur between the pin, and between the gear teeth, one crown gear shifts up on one side on an angle and the other crown gear shifts up on the opposite side and this is where the issues begin, the teeth don't grab right, then...BANG gears gone.

If there was a way to keep the large crown gears flat and not lift on one side as the geardiff rotates when going through a corner then the plastic gear idea would work really well and last a long time.

when Xray do a redesign i think we will see smaller diffs, this will eliminate the need to go looking for reducing rotating mass from such a crucial part. If i was a designer, i'd look at eliminating all rotating mass in the drivetrain, and go with a smaller clutch design, i'd then come up with various flyweight weights, clutch shoe hardness and clutch spring versions as a tuning option to play around with engagement style which is a big factor in ease of driving on different grip level tracks.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Hello all,
I read the winning wc setup and I see that the HD clutch is used with 0.6mm clutch gap and 0.7mm spring preload. Do the clutch weights contain the screws or not? If I use these settings without the screws (I have not tried with the screws installed yet), the clutch will severely slip. In order to avoid clutch slipping, I have the spring preload about 0.1 to 0.2mm maximum. Am I doing something wrong?

What was the temeperature on the air during the wc final?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by etgdpu
Hello all,
I read the winning wc setup and I see that the HD clutch is used with 0.6mm clutch gap and 0.7mm spring preload. Do the clutch weights contain the screws or not? If I use these settings without the screws (I have not tried with the screws installed yet), the clutch will severely slip. In order to avoid clutch slipping, I have the spring preload about 0.1 to 0.2mm maximum. Am I doing something wrong?

What was the temeperature on the air during the wc final?

Thanks in advance

You have to remember that we were using the new Xray red pad. With the yellow pad that setting will slip. With the yellow pad your gap should be .4 and the spring should be .5. But yes we used the screws and that is something you should try. It was hot like high 90's.

Thanks Drew
Old 08-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

You have to remember that we were using the new Xray red pad. With the yellow pad that setting will slip. With the yellow pad your gap should be .4 and the spring should be .5. But yes we used the screws and that is something you should try. It was hot like high 90's.

Thanks Drew

Can you explain why you choose not to run the Foam Inserts in the shocks? What is their effect on the car's handling and traction?

Also, what is the performance difference between adjustable pistons and non-adjustable pistons? Is having two hole with one the same as with the other?

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:15 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Can you explain why you choose not to run the Foam Inserts in the shocks? What is their effect on the car's handling and traction?..........

Thanks.
This is what Martin Hudy said about foam inserts in shocks

".......foam used = more traction, more response

no foam used = less traction, slower response

I almost always use the foam. I only take out the foam on super high carpet traction tracks. In these conditions car can traction roll and removing the foam partially eliminates traction rolling....."

AFM
Old 08-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Can you explain why you choose not to run the Foam Inserts in the shocks? What is their effect on the car's handling and traction?

Also, what is the performance difference between adjustable pistons and non-adjustable pistons? Is having two hole with one the same as with the other?

Thanks.
Well when you run no foam it just lets the bladder do more work "softer setting". With the foam its like using a stiffer bladder "harder setting". On Ralph's car we run no rebound with the softer setting on the bladder.
What Martin said in theory is right that is always what I thought about rebound more rebound more traction. less rebound less traction. But it can be tuned in alot of ways springs, oil, and pistons. We have almost ran every setting you can think of on this car and Ralph has been happiest with this setup.

I think the adj. piston are good and a quick tuning part of the car. But the fixed I feel that they are more consistent meaning they move through the oil better. One piston is soild and the other you put two peices together. Not that the fit is not good but there has to be a difference. Guess we would need a machine to tell us..LOL

Hope that made sense..

Thanks Drew
Old 08-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Congratz

Well when you run no foam it just lets the bladder do more work "softer setting". With the foam its like using a stiffer bladder "harder setting". On Ralph's car we run no rebound with the softer setting on the bladder.
What Martin said in theory is right that is always what I thought about rebound more rebound more traction. less rebound less traction. But it can be tuned in alot of ways springs, oil, and pistons. We have almost ran every setting you can think of on this car and Ralph has been happiest with this setup.

I think the adj. piston are good and a quick tuning part of the car. But the fixed I feel that they are more consistent meaning they move through the oil better. One piston is soild and the other you put two peices together. Not that the fit is not good but there has to be a difference. Guess we would need a machine to tell us..LOL

Hope that made sense..

Thanks Drew

Hey Guys great effort at the worlds, nice to get some feed back here first hand. Just wondering if Ralph has had a chance to test other recent bodies and if so what were his findings.

Cheers
Alex.K
Old 08-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Guys great effort at the worlds, nice to get some feed back here first hand. Just wondering if Ralph has had a chance to test other recent bodies and if so what were his findings.

Cheers
Alex.K
Yeah, and what body is the SRC??
Old 08-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yeah, and what body is the SRC??
thats the Kruizer . by Xceed.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
thats the Kruizer . by Xceed.
Ahh, ok.

Had never heard it by that name.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Hope that made sense..

Thanks Drew
I also agree that the non-adjustable pistons are better. In some time, the adjustables get a bit of wear and the holes aren't aligned properly anymore...
Do you do anything to the pistons when they come out of the package or is it all stock?
Old 08-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Cheers
Alex.K
Thanks, we tested the the new Protoform body and the SRC. Ralph was happiest with the SRC body. He said it gave it more streering though out the whole turn.

Thanks Drew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.