Losi 8ight building and setup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

gotcha. I have an Aftershock that I am doing the upgrade and muggy modification. Should handle a lot better. I will replace the Diffs while I am doing all of the mods.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The Fioroni Tractive diffs are the same principle as the Xray Active diffs, and the BBF Tactyl Light II diff (which came first)
Old 04-06-2008, 04:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Losi 8ight/Mugen/Kyosho

I have just few questions for those that had different buggies as well as trugies : How would you compare Losi buggies/truggies to lets say Mugen’s and Kyosho equipment ????

I need Pro’s and Con’s

Thank You
Old 04-06-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
The Fioroni Tractive diffs are the same principle as the Xray Active diffs, and the BBF Tactyl Light II diff (which came first)
You forgot the Terex diffs
Old 04-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

I guess that you would have to check out the race stats. Losi 8ight has been at the top of the heap numerous times. It comes with great customer support throught Horizon hobbies. I asked myself that same question when I purchased my buggy and truggy. People to ask would be like Tex and Dommit. They both helped me a lot with tricks and tips. It is the only buggy with new technology. No e-clips and the front and rear differentials are offset which makes it rack real well. It handles like a dream. I would say that if you are planning to race anytime, I would buy the race roller and buy the electronics and engine to suit what you plan on using it for. I would say that if you dont like tearing things down and maintaining pins, clutches, and differentials this may not be the buggy for you. it is sort of high maintenance, but most of them are. I hope that this helped.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chirivita
You forgot the Terex diffs
Nope, I didn't forget. I have never known about the Terex diffs. I will have to look for them.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

I have my new LOSI diff cups, I ordered 3 new diffs from ebay..... I am taking the new diff gears and putting them in the new cups.... after this is done (i have done the center only) there is BIG TIME gear grind..... the diff is almost locked..... anyone else try these new cups ???

Thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveJa
I have my new LOSI diff cups, I ordered 3 new diffs from ebay..... I am taking the new diff gears and putting them in the new cups.... after this is done (i have done the center only) there is BIG TIME gear grind..... the diff is almost locked..... anyone else try these new cups ??? if not they will bind.

Thanks
You didn't assemble the diffs right..Check the dif and make sure the chamfered edge of all the inserts are all pointing to the outside of the cup facing away from the gears. If they are not or a couple are off they will bind.
That’s your problem I bet...
Old 04-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

I have my new LOSI diff cups, I ordered 3 new diffs from ebay..... I am taking the new diff gears and putting them in the new cups.... after this is done (i have done the center only) there is BIG TIME gear grind..... the diff is almost locked..... anyone else try these new cups ???

Thanks
Are you talking about the diff cups that have the inserts in them? If you are then you need to take the inserts to a belt sander or dremel and grind them a little bit. Basically you need to take the anodizing off of one of the sides. The first batch that losi recived had too thick of anodizing on them. The problem has been fixed.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Nope, I didn't forget. I have never known about the Terex diffs. I will have to look for them.
They are the same, made in France:

http://www.sldracing.com/modules.php...howpage&pid=50
Old 04-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Originally Posted by chuckinator
Are you talking about the diff cups that have the inserts in them? If you are then you need to take the inserts to a belt sander or dremel and grind them a little bit. Basically you need to take the anodizing off of one of the sides. The first batch that losi recived had too thick of anodizing on them. The problem has been fixed.
The ones he has should not have that problem..... only the first few batches were that way.... which I beleive were never put on the market.

If you purchased these at a hobby store they should be good to go.... You might have the problem that Losimadman stated... also do not run a shim between the pin and the o-ring on the outdrives.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

I know this has been talked about a bunch.... and if I looked in the thread I could find it... but I need a answer soon.... and it would take a long time to find it in the thread..... so with that out of the way

clutch springs... soft to stiff ???

Thanks
Old 04-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know this has been talked about a bunch.... and if I looked in the thread I could find it... but I need a answer soon.... and it would take a long time to find it in the thread..... so with that out of the way

clutch springs... soft to stiff ???

Thanks

Silver Gold black green...from hardest to softest.

Spring chart:

* Silver: .040 wire with 30 degree angle
* Gold: .040 wire with 25 degree angle
* Black: .036 wire with 30 degree angle
* Green: .036 wire with 25 degree angle
Old 04-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

In the same boat as SteveJa

what are the softest to hardest shock springs?

thanks and sorry if its a question asked over and over
Old 04-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Actually black is the softest. The spring chart is wrong.

Hard ---------------->Soft
Silver, Gold, Green, Black

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.