Losi 8ight building and setup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

That combo works pretty good on some tracks. On Very loose tracks I used to run crimefighters in the front & Dirty Harry's in the back. Seems Dirty Harry's aren't around much any more.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trebor
I tend to like the crimefighters also. I cant remember where I heard this but someone said use crimefighters in front, bowties in rear, or vice versa. Anyone try this?
Well since the "Crime Fighters" are on the front and the "Bow Ties" on the rear, I would have to say they should be called "Crime-Ties". LOL. Just funning.

Anyways I tried this tire combo last weekend at Revelation and didn't work out for me. Felt a little pushy compared to straight CrimeFighters. This of course is with my set-up since I run a little different settings then most. May work for the standard Thrue or Drake set-ups.

For the most part, I think I like Holeshots the best. Doesn't grab the ruts as bad when the tracks get blown out.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

I only run the Losi wheels. They've proven very strong, and I think the slightly larger diameter is a good thing. I have been more fond of the way Bow-Ties feel versus Crime Fighters or Bow Fighters (Crime Ties just sounds funny, haha.)

Bow-Fighters should turn in harder than Bow-Ties, but push more coming out of the corner. Also, running Bow-Ties in the rear should allow the car to slide more instead of catch and flip over.

I haven't had much luck with Holeshots when the track is soft and loamy, but when it's hard packed, they are very fast (if not a little bit harder to drive). And yes, they shouldn't catch ruts as often.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Aaron, So your running Proline tires on Losi wheel's? I would've never cosidered it because of the diameter of the Losi wheel's. So the smaller sidewall i guess will have sharper steering,and better response? Humm, this could get interesting..
Old 05-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

The small sidewall squirms less. Just like the wheels on the 8IGHT-T (although that's a bit more exaggerated than the buggy, hahaha) smaller sidewall tires won't deform or balloon as much.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Sweet, im gonna give it a try.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've got all my pro-line tires mounted up on losi wheels, works great for me
Old 05-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Matt!! You changed your picture!!Now who's gonna have a happy, smily,puzzled,outspoken without saying a word picture?hehe...
Old 05-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys can somebody show me a detailed pics and instructions for the throttle/brake servo..im really going crazy with my RTR...i just send back my servo to Losi..and im planning to buy the Hitec 645MG servo..i need all the help i can get..thanks
Old 05-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
I only run the Losi wheels. They've proven very strong, and I think the slightly larger diameter is a good thing.
This is what I was gonna try next. I didn't know anyone was already doing this. Goes to show I don't get around much.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

every set of tires i own are on losi wheels also . m2 & 3 crimes , m2 & 3 bow's , m2 &3 holeshots , m3 jobs , 4 sets of switches , k2 softs , red & silver losi steps
Old 05-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Don, c'mon, you'd think sidewall flex would be well understood by an on-roader!

Hahaha.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
This is what I was gonna try next. I didn't know anyone was already doing this. Goes to show I don't get around much.
Speed, you and i should see if we can get kicked out of eharmony!!!Thats the last thing those ladies need is some rc/obsessed macho men.hahahaha...
Old 05-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Don, c'mon, you'd think sidewall flex would be well understood by an on-roader!

Hahaha.
That's not what I was even looking for in the wheel's, but the diameter. I think I need the larger diameter wheel to roll over the bumps better. That is my biggest problem at races when the track gets blown, so does my car or me or both.

But yes sidewall flex for on-road added .2 to .3 per lap the softer the wheel.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've measured the Losi Step Pins rims and tire ODs and they are all but identical to the the Medial Pro rims and tires. So, the secret is now out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.