Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by drsmooth
The first of the planned changes is to add a little flex in the chassis. There may be someone out there that will reconize this mod as I came up with this idea about 5 years ago for the HPI Micro RS4 & it works great. So I decided to incorporate it into this car.
Adding a little more speed will be the only other change I make before the next trip.
I'll let you know how it works.

I would love to try that upper deck setup........if I had a spare upper deck to experiment with.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
The rollout or FDR is relevant far more to the motor and ESC you have than the chassis. I suggest you repost these questions in threads about your ESC. When you have your FDR then you can get an idea about spur/pinion combo's here.

On another subject I had some very good success with my Type-R (10.5) over the weekend at the 2010 XRAY Australia S.A EP Onroad Titles. Managed TQ after a epic battle with a X-Ray and took the 1st two A-finals un challenged. I would have finished in the top 5 in mod A in both runs. I'll post a setup (asphalt med grip) when I get a chance.
Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction Dragon. Also, excellent work this weekend!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FREAKAH
I would love to try that upper deck setup........if I had a spare upper deck to experiment with.
Yeah, I had to buy one just for this purpose. Didn't want to cut the only one I had incase I wanted to go back.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Where did you get the long turnbuckle links from?
Old 08-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
The rollout or FDR is relevant far more to the motor and ESC you have than the chassis. I suggest you repost these questions in threads about your ESC. When you have your FDR then you can get an idea about spur/pinion combo's here.

On another subject I had some very good success with my Type-R (10.5) over the weekend at the 2010 XRAY Australia S.A EP Onroad Titles. Managed TQ after a epic battle with a X-Ray and took the 1st two A-finals un challenged. I would have finished in the top 5 in mod A in both runs. I'll post a setup (asphalt med grip) when I get a chance.
Love your work!! Setup sheets would be nice to have a squiz at.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FREAKAH
Where did you get the long turnbuckle links from?
I found them in one of my many parts / junk boxes. I think they're about 78mm long & worked perfectly with the Dubro ball conncetors.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drsmooth
I found them in one of my many parts / junk boxes. I think they're about 78mm long & worked perfectly with the Dubro ball conncetors.
Wow, the mod ideas are great.. Keep them coming..
Old 08-31-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Love your work!! Setup sheets would be nice to have a squiz at.
I'll get one up tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default Losi Front One Way

I know the FF Spools are highly recommended, but does anyone use the Losi Front One Way or have it in there arsenal? I have been checking the flying fox site everyday hoping for an update.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by js058515
I know the FF Spools are highly recommended, but does anyone use the Losi Front One Way or have it in there arsenal? I have been checking the flying fox site everyday hoping for an update.
Paul is making a new design though I am not sure when they will be done. I believe he wants some ready for the NSW state titles at the end of OCT so they should be ready by then.

Here is my setup for the SA state titles last weekend. Car seemed to be the equal of anything out there on the track when driven cautiously. I am not sure if it could have gone faster as it just wasn't needed. Note this setup was for a asphalt surface that has been painted to enhance its grip. It was also sugar watered as well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
JRXS-R_SA_titles_2010.pdf (460.9 KB, 218 views)
Old 09-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where do most measure droop with a gauge?

See the attached photo
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-droop.png  
Old 09-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MaxRain

See the attached photo
I would love to get some clarification on this topic. I read the manual and made the adjustments based on what I interpreted, but still didn't feel confident.

Manual states to use "set screw boss" as reference in the front and to use "bottom of hub carrier" for rear. So if I were to set ride height at 4mm all around, what measurement on the droop gauge would I use to get 4mm droop in the front and 5mm droop in the rear based on manual suggestions. Once again, newbie question I know!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MaxRain

See the attached photo
Originally Posted by js058515
I would love to get some clarification on this topic. I read the manual and made the adjustments based on what I interpreted, but still didn't feel confident.

Manual states to use "set screw boss" as reference in the front and to use "bottom of hub carrier" for rear. So if I were to set ride height at 4mm all around, what measurement on the droop gauge would I use to get 4mm droop in the front and 5mm droop in the rear based on manual suggestions. Once again, newbie question I know!
I use neither. Too me droop is a number that represents downward travel over ride height and that is what my setup sheets refer to. There are millions of ways to measure this however I do this with setup wheels. As long as my cambers look very close I prop the chassis up on blocks (19mm). I then measure the clearance between the setup board and setup wheels with a ride height gauge (for my SA titles setup this number was 10F/9R). I always set my ride height to 7mm on the setup wheels which gives 6mm on rubber tires. So for me to work out the actual drop I just subtract the droop setting and ride height setting from the block size. For my front that would be...

BLOCK(19mm) - RIDE HEIGHT(7mm) - DROOP SETTING(10mm) = 2mm

And rear....

BLOCK(19mm) - RIDE HEIGHT(7mm) - DROOP SETTING(9mm) = 3mm

These numbers are actual downward travel over ride height measured at the point that matters the most, the wheel. I balance my whole cars setup from my droop setup to ensure it is tweak free and it works very well.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

dragonfire
i saw your car at the S.A titles and it looked awsome on the track congrats on the win!
did you use the outside or inside hole on the steering rack? Im looking to copy your set up for club racing there.
ps how did you fit twin 25 mmm fans on there i have some AE 25 mm fans but cant get them to fit
cheers chris
Old 09-03-2010, 03:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

any info on top plate mods or any other mods you have done would be awsome also.
a pic of your car could maybe help me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.