ACADEMY STR4 PRO2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ACADEMY STR4 PRO2

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 03:00 AM
Tech Regular

Well done Heavy, sounds like a very busy weekend for you.
What were you racing Nitro?
We are working on weight reduction at the moment and will inform you of any results.
Still waiting on confirmation of some parts to be ready in our next order but in a few weeks should have the new parts, that should knock the weight down a little bit too.Heavy, parts coming your way as soon as possible!
Getting ready for offroad Challenge cup this weekend at Ryde with some box stock SBV2's ready for a test.Cant wait.
Then Challenge cup onroad in Canberra, here we go.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The Nitro that I was racing was a few years old and now discontinued Schumacher R12.

Keen to see the SBV2 as well. Hobby Station will have their indoor offroad track operating from about the middle of August and one of the outdoor offorad tracks is about to reintroduce stock 4wd after a long absence which sounds pretty good to me.

Just got hold of a couple of Epic XX motors so will give them a run on the weekend in the STR4 at Bayside.

Back at work again at the moment doing a lot of casual hours for a caravan and mobile home spare parts and accessories place so with that and racing all weekend I am feeling a bit wacked at the moment - might need an early night I reckon. Racing again this Wednesday night as well at Hobby Station - you'd think a man of my age would know better!

We're busy modifying our web page as well to slip in an Academy page somewhere - should be up in the not too distant future hopefully.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Way to Go Heavy!! Thats great, anything in my books in the A- C is talent. You have to think of howmany drivers there are out there.

I did get word on the upgraded graphite parts for the Str-4-Pro II. It will be late August and you will need to place a order ASAP / like now! with the product number to Academy / MRC. I am going to see if my contact can grab them up over seas at a shop there his brother owns first. I have a fealing it might be awhile for anyone get there hands on them. Our new director is really trying hard for us I will say but I think it going to be a couple of large companies buying up alot of those upgrades first. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!

We also picked up a couple of drivers up northeast side of the U.S. soon we'll have a very nice team of drivers since our director is truly making every effort to help us as a team. I say thank you for that......He's doing a impressive job thus far!!!

Team Academy / MRC / Team1rc.com
Old 07-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey heavy? Did ya get those motors from bryan at Team1rc.com?? I ran my 19t outside today for the first time! WOW, nice motor if ya run a 100+ spur! Sure can't run the same spring set up thats for sure!!! Its like drifitng with abs donuts

Old 07-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Got a letter in the mail saying i had a package from EMS US at the post office, i guess i better go pick up the Team1RC motors today, wooohooo, damn took twice as long as i thought.
I was chasing the new options from Academy before they released them so we are fine with supply, they seem to be working with us well even though we are a small part of there market, i am feeding as much feedback to them as possible, i guess they like that.Go Academy
Old 07-25-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Got the Team1RC motors!
Some impressive numbers, and the new mod motor runs the EPIC SHOCK endbell that i like, sweet.
Pity its gonna be raining untill the weekend, need to do some testing/playing.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

PreformanceRC, I felt the same way when I popped open my motor containers and read the dyno sheet. Very nice motors they are... You'll have much better result i think than heavy did with his monster due to thier set up. As for the Monster motors?? Dave G can fill you in with much needed info on what works and operations of the Monster motors as well. I like the brushes that Team1rc.com chose, very nice as well.

Gald you received them.

B"
Attached Thumbnails ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-monster_sm.jpg   ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-team1web.gif  
Old 07-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Hopefully i can get another batch of them here next week
Have some fresh cells ready to build for the weekend too (1.227V 1.6IR)
,going to see how well the SBV2 goes with the front oneway in mod.
Heavy will be running a new Magnum CO27 soon.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Rain stopped, buggy tested , awesome.
Attached Thumbnails ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-academysbv2.jpg   ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-academysbv21.jpg   ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-team1rcepicshock.jpg   ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-feraleastpower.jpg  
Old 07-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah PerformanceRC, those motors are pretty nice huh?? I got sent the 19t and the 27t as well. Boht have and still very nice on the dyno. Not much wear shown either! Glad you like them. Never seen them in a off raod buggy, looks sweet!

So, your off road season starts up soon huh?? Our indoor will here as fall / winter is approaching us

Well chat later

B"
Old 07-27-2006, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

They are a class above the rest .
I guess i have good judgement so far on the companies/company i deal with.
Offroad and onroad is a non stop season all around all year.
We havea round of the Challenge Cup this weekend between all of the clubs.
Should be over 140+ competitors all representing there clubs(12 from each club) for the yearly point score.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys..

I am letting you guys know that our website has Academy section.
< http://rcforum.co.kr/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=20 >
You can change to Eng ver..., can register, and can write Eng too.

It might be good for Academy users to use our forum too since our web is based on Korea so that you guys can get the fastest products or parts news from our website.

There is some possibility that the section will be official by Academy (it is not yet, but we will try since we know people)

and there are some Academy team drivers using our forum too now.

Come to the web and show you on the web.

RC FORUM KOREA
http://rcforum.co.kr

Last edited by dailband; 07-29-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks Dailband. That's a very interesting forum - I'll keep watching it and share when I can.

Good luck.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Team1RC cobalt and magnum scream.
The mod destroyed 4 of the rear standard dogbone plastic inserts and i was driving front wheel drive all day.Need the rear universals for high power.

Dailband, thanks for the forum information!excellent!
I will get on there and keep up to date with whats going on in Korea.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:45 AM
Tech Regular

The plastic outdrive caps/covers are a good saver for the front one way outdrives.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.