Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada >

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by f2000racer
Hi Phil,

Any update on how this battery performed? How about the track power, will it fit into the PHI? When will you be getting the SMC if the track poser doesn't fit?

Thanks,
Roy

Hi Roy,

I'm sure Phil will add more details - but here's what I know with regard to your questions:

- The SMC 4000 was a perfect fit in the PHI and Phil ran it at the Kelowna race last weekend and it was great performance-wise. Very good battery.

- The TrakPower 4900 and 5400 are both too large to fit into the PHI without modification. There is a TrakPower 3200 pack that should fit, and I am just waiting to receive a small sample order of those that I put in and we will give it a shot as well.

We will definitely get some quantities of the SMC 4000 in the next little while. That seems to be an excellent high-performance pick for the PHI.

T
Old 04-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Hi, Roy.

As Trent said, it (SMC 4000) fits and is an excellent battery choice. We are due to put in an order for CanWest so I'll let you know when they arrive. Thanks!.

Phil
Old 04-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Hey, Guys.

I've finally managed to update the online spare parts inventory for the Corally 10X and the F1. In particular I cross-referenced the various parts across different models (i.e. the front end parts for the SP12X, F1 and 10X for example) so that you can see what works where. Hopefully this is helpful to you when considering spares.

Happy racing.
Phil
Old 05-04-2008, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Trent and Phil,

Ran the Type E 27t today in 2wd offroad stock, after trying a few things and getting the gearing right it was awesome, amazing top end and it was getting out of corners great as well.

I went down 3 teeth on what I would normally run a Type C at and found it worked a treat, fantastic motors once you find the sweet spot
Old 05-16-2008, 01:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking Brushless rocks

May 2,3,4, was the first CORCS race of the year in Kelowna.

I ran the T-Bang 10.5 BL motor in the Open electric truck class. Awesome power all weekend. I TQ'd and finshed 1st.
I ran the BL motor 14 times total threwout the weekend and everytime it came off the same temperature. Never even cleaned it.

Thanks Trent and Phil for a great motor. Looking forward to trying the LiPo and 7.5 BL

Next CORCS race is in Kamloops on June 27,28,29
Old 05-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Trent:

If you see this post before DTP or I get ahold of you, I'll need a set of medium-firm springs, a pair of XXX silver brushes and I might need a trakpower 5000mAh lipo
Old 05-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sabin
Trent:

If you see this post before DTP or I get ahold of you, I'll need a set of medium-firm springs, a pair of XXX silver brushes and I might need a trakpower 5000mAh lipo

Hi JD,

It's pretty unlikely that I'll be at the DTP event this year with the new twins and all. Also, all the gear is warehoused and shipped out of Victoria, so if you want to get the goods in time, best bet is to hit the on-line store and order them up. If the planets align right I may make it out to DTP, but I would feel way safer about it if you just hit the store and order up the stuff you need so that I am not holding it back.

www.t-bang.ca
Old 05-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

With the way things are going I don't think that's such a hot idea either. Is there any way you can give the parts I need to someone that will attend DTP?
Old 05-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default New 27T Testing!

Hey Gang,

It's been a while since I've seen some of you, but rest assured there are still experiments going on in the T-Lab!

We're pleased to announce that we are track testing a new stock motor! The T-Bang XS Type M will hit the track with some of our team guys starting this weekend!

The new motor is based on the latest offerings from Trinity/EPIC and looks to be an upgrade to all previous 27T motors so far in our dyno tests. As it is said, we don't race dyno's though, so we're anxious to see how it does on the track this weekend.

We will keep you posted, and expect the motors to hit our on-line shop in the next week or so!

T
Old 05-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Aw crap, now I have to test a new brushed drift motor? What are you doing to me, Trent?!
Old 05-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Allrighty.... results from the weekend are in and it looks like the Type M stock is a keeper! In the uber-competitive 27T class @ IROCC out in Victoria this past weekend the Type M pulled for TQ and a win for Phil Cady as well as a best-of-season finish for T-Banger Brian Ashmore!

Great work guys and thanks for testing out the new power!
Old 05-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Hi, Guys.

Yeah, the motor is nothing short of great. It's a torque monster insofar as stock motors are concerned. I was wondering if it would hold the same advantage as a the Type C- based motor in sweepers and coming out of the corners. Well, it does better! I was able to hold speed and longer than expected and get on power earlier as well. The quad stack threw me for a loop in terms of rotating mass but it was surprisingly strong. I started the first qualifier geared just lower than a C027 based on Trent's dyno results which is where I ended up setting the TQ! I geared even lower since the motor had great punch still but it felt like it could do more. However, that may have been the case on a larger track, but not for this one. I felt I lost the edge of the motor, so I backed off a bit. If I had to do it again I would have stayed with the original gearing for the main as I was in the first qualifier.

I'll race this one, thank you! Good build, BigDaddy.

Phil
Old 05-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds like its going to be exciting next year with brushed motors still performing great. Sounds like that motor has lots of potential.
Kev P.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Kev!

How's the crops? My parents say it's dry as hell where they are!

Definitely an interesting time - there's brushed, BL, LiPo, NiMH, you name it. LOL.

Thing is - whatever is best, most consistent, and most affordable will eventually win out. I am 99% certain on the batteries that it will be LiPo because of all of the NiMH headaches previously.

The motors are a bit less cut and dry right now.... I thought we'd all be running BL full-time by now. Supply has been a problem, and the cost involved in switching ESC's and all that too, so it's not going as fast as I would have guessed.

Looking into my crystal ball though, I think it will BL this winter....
Old 05-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Crops are looking pretty good so far. We finally got rain on Saturday/Sunday around 3/4 of an inch. So looks like I might get a pay cheque for work this month.

I agree batteries are going to switch over pretty quick because of possible quality improvements. It is still going to be a bit of a change for some guys (like me) that don't have a charger for Lipo batts. I have 2 pretty good chargers that don't do me any good if I switch. A person has to weigh the pro's and con's I could have paid for a new charger with the batteries that I had to buy at the end of year last year because I had a bunch of NIMH batts go crappy and then even the new ones I got had a cell out of the box that was at 0 volts when I checked them. I just want a good battery and I don't care if they get any more MAH just make it so it doesn't crap out in a month! LOL

Kev

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.