Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree178Likes

Kannapolis Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Looking forward to it.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Saturday weather now calling for a 60% chance of AM showers so stay tuned. it has changed about 6 times so far this week.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any chance of Sunday practice if the rain comes on Saturday?
Old 03-16-2018, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Hmm, that isn't a bad idea. Lets see what happens throughout today. A good opportunity though.

Just checked the weather again and we are back down to partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain and a high of 68 so lets just see what happens.

See everybody in the morning.

Last edited by mleemor60; 03-16-2018 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Still at 20% with a high in the upper 60's so see everybody in the morning.
Mrcaldwell704 likes this.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:17 AM
Tech Initiate

It’s still on fellas!!! Sun is out track drying up well and fast. Come on out
Old 03-17-2018, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Well we got another one in the books. What a day. Started with rain. Not bad rain but just enough to get everything nicely but not adequately wet. We were able to move the few puddles into areas that dried very quickly so we were ready to go with just about an hour and a half delay. Oddly enough the normal dust that would be blown off before we start was now a dried film on the track since it didn't get enough water to wash it off. oddly enough it didn't affect traction to any great degree and a new lap record was actually set. Our own RC dropped his previous best of a 25.6 down to a 25.5. Hey, small steps. There was some really close racing in VTA as well as the late models. Got a picture or two but right now I am just to pooped to peck anymore so I will be back in the morning with some play by play and the results.

Stay tuned.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

I forgot to mention that Matt R was missed yesterday. Hope you are feeling better and thanks for not bringing whatever it was to the track to share with all of us. See you soon.

Car count was steady. 20 different entries with CHR down this week but we added a non hot rod(f-1) to the mix for a new guy that just wanted some track time. More on that later

VTA had 9 entries and we ran them in a single group to try to get back on schedule from the rain delay. It made for some less than polite pushing and shoving for the first three or four corners but by the time everybody hit the back straight it was sorted out. The competition was really a heads up duel between Rodney C and Andy M throughout the qualifiers and main with Paul R holding down third from a respectful distance. As mentioned above a new fast lap of 25.592 was set by RC to beat the clock for the extra lap and the W over Andy M. On a side note Courtney C had a lot of extra time on his hands during the day since adding the NTC3 front bumper. Not a single C block was sacrificed on the day. His parts supplier may have to close their doors on the sales loss of that particular part. Good Job Court. I still haven't run my VTA car as I am more concerned with everybody else having a good experience. Soon. Maybe.

The late models continue to ensure that everybody that runs leaves the drivers stand with a grin stuck on their faces. The day looked like a cake walk for ole RC but a timing and scoring glitch created the need for a re race. To give everybody time to get ready we tacked it on the end of the show. That allowed the late arrival of Todd W(had to work) to get in on the rerun from the scratch position. After the expected first turn shenanigans it was game on with the first 5 cars lapping the 180 foot oval in the 6.6 to 7.1 seconds. As usual the breaks meant everything. When the dust settled(figuratively) it was late comer Todd W on top with RC second and myself third by a meager 2.6 sec over Sammy S.. Every time we race these another spectator wants to know where to get one. If we could get all of them in our area together at once we would have 20 of them. So, if you have a Traxxas 1/16 Mustang, Kyle Bush truck, Rally car or slash that you want to get rid of just contact me via PM. I may have a customer for you.

The CHR's had the short end of the entry list this week so we allowed a newcomer with an F-1 to join in for the track time on his new acquisition. He managed to get both heats and the main with only one front wing failure. The main went to Paul R with Chris A second and Jim P third.

All in all a pretty satisfactory day considering the wet start. We finished up only about 15 minutes behind schedule despite the late model rerun. Grouping the VTA cars into a single series of big races saved a lot of time for us. Thanks guy's.

Oh, the sound system didn't perform. The actual base unit for the system has more receptacles to plug stuff than a Vegas street walkers convention so either I couldn't get the correct hole(sorry no film available) or my wiring job sucked. I will continue to work on it and it should be corrected by the next event.

Remember. We will be dark on the 31st as it falls on Easter weekend. See everybody on the 14th of April.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Sounded like another good day of racing at KRP. Sorry I missed it. Great recap Mike.

Still trying to recover from the funk. I'm planning on being there on 4/14.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

The extra time should give you time to get over it. Did you score your late model yet? I will loan you my back up for a full ride next time. Rodney and Todd need the competition.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:30 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm working on it. I bid on one, but it got a little higher than I wanted to go. I'll keep looking. Not sure I'll be much competition to those guys, but I'd like to give it a shot.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

If you are familiar with one of our new supporters, Race Dawg's hobby shop down in Fort Mill. has three used units in the Rallye configuration which is only a body change. Check them out. As I mentioned, you can use my back up for the next outing. Arrive and drive. Batteries and all.
EMU likes this.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Oh. Ok. I had never heard of that place. I may be down that way tomorrow, I'll try to get by there and check it out. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2018, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Just let them know that you saw their banner at the track.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:36 PM
Tech Initiate

I went to Race Dawg today. Not only did I get one of those rally cars, I got 2 of them!!! Trying to pick up a 3rd one on eBay as well. So I'll have one and each of my kids will have one too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.