Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bone$
Not sure what insert parts you are talking about but the Jammin is fully adjustable it is a 100% complete race buggy..
hyper 8, xray xb8, mugen, kyosho mp2, crono rs, gs cL1 all have use this insert or bushing..
its the insert on the a-arm to change castor without changing the 20 or 22degree c-hub, insert on front lower arm holder to change anti dive setting without changing the a/b block, insert on antisquat plate to change anti squat without changing the 1.5, 2, 2.5 or 3 block, insert on the rear arm to change toe-in without changing 1, 2 or 3 toe-in block..

good example is intergrated adjustable caster (IAC) and intergrated suspension setting (ISS) on xray xb8 for adjusting castor, front upper arm angle, lower arm anti dive setting, anti squat and toe-in setting

so no need all the a/b front lower arm holder, 1,2,2.5,3 anti squat plate, and 1,2 or 3 toe-in block, 17, 19 or 22 degree c-hub...

Last edited by arghh; 01-16-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arghh
hyper 8, xray xb8, mugen, kyosho mp2, crono rs, gs cL1 all have use this insert or bushing..
its the insert on the a-arm to change castor without changing the 20 or 22degree c-hub, insert on front lower arm holder to change anti dive setting without changing the a/b block, insert on antisquat plate to change anti squat without changing the 1.5, 2, 2.5 or 3 block, insert on the rear arm to change toe-in without changing 1, 2 or 3 toe-in block..

good example is intergrated adjustable caster (IAC) and intergrated suspension setting (ISS) on xray xb8 for adjusting castor, front upper arm angle, lower arm anti dive setting, anti squat and toe-in setting

so no need all the a/b front lower arm holder, 1,2,2.5,3 anti squat plate, and 1,2 or 3 toe-in block, 17, 19 or 22 degree c-hub...

Are you talking about those little clips that go on the end of the lower arm to adjust the axel forward or rear? excuse me for my lack of exact words...

My buddy has a Mugen Prospec and my Jammin has every adjustment that he has. Now the XRAY that thing has more adjustments than you need. If your looking for a good solid race platform go with the Jammin i have put mine through more things than my buddy with the mugen and have broke less.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think I know what hes talking about, but the XRAY used a totally new innovative system that allows for certain adjustments without affecting others (ie castor). These adjustments on other cars are not always possible. On my mugen, you could change a little bushing in the blocks that would change the castor and roll centers. And from my understanding the Jammin has it too? I dont think the issue is adjustibility with this car. I just am more curious about part duribility/wear.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by runnin rc10
I think I know what hes talking about, but the XRAY used a totally new innovative system that allows for certain adjustments without affecting others (ie castor). These adjustments on other cars are not always possible. On my mugen, you could change a little bushing in the blocks that would change the castor and roll centers. And from my understanding the Jammin has it too? I dont think the issue is adjustibility with this car. I just am more curious about part duribility/wear.

Duribility is not a issue with the Jammin im sure anyone who has one will back me up on that.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Earlier owners of the car reported soft gears and outdrives but the problems have supposedly been worked out. I would not expect the car to wear as well as a Mugen, Kyosho or Xray but wear life should be very good still.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Well lets put it this way.

Any Rc that is well maintaind will prevent wear. I do not own the RTR version so i cant vouch for it. My car is well maintained and has yet to see any major wear. Like i said before it has seen bigger air than my buds Mugen and has yet to break.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have a question! did any one on here buy a jammin X1CR from a guy by the name of Mike McDaniels? In Virginia

If so that's my car, he has never paid me for it and he keeps dodging me. I need all the help I can to get my car back or get my money.

Pm me with any information.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

I think I know what hes talking about, but the XRAY used a totally new innovative system that allows for certain adjustments without affecting others (ie castor). These adjustments on other cars are not always possible. On my mugen, you could change a little bushing in the blocks that would change the castor and roll centers.
mannn.. only runnin rc10 know what i'm trying to say here...fuhhh
anyway this is not about durability / wear but its about very easy setting the buggy. only using insert/bushing to change all type of setting toe-in, anti squat, castor, anti dive, width and wheel base without changing the whole block/holder and even no need to take off all the gear box..

what do ya think... do jammin really need this type of adjustable
Old 01-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

you dont need the inserts. it would take you the same time to pull everything apart and change a insert as it would for you to change the blocks and stuff. cause in order to change the inserts you still have to pull the part off. then fit the inserts into that part.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Either way I think the inserts put you at a dis-advantage. On my mugen, they would wear unless you invested in the alloy ones, which got expensive and if you lost one, even more expensive. So as long as you get teh blocks whats really the difference? Its just a different design to get the same desired effect.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Either way I think the inserts put you at a dis-advantage. So as long as you get teh blocks whats really the difference? Its just a different design to get the same desired effect.
haha.. so the conclusion jammin car no need that type of insert/bushing setting.. as for me also, the standard car using B block front arm holder, 2.5degree anti squat and 3degree rear toe-in block is perfect enough and i never change to another setting, then why must i need the very easy insert type..

Last edited by arghh; 01-16-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

I dont think they are any easier than anything else? The stretch, wear, and are as about annoying to mess with as an e-clip...
Old 01-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default "Spring Thing" flexible pipe mounts for Jammin CR and CRT

I've got 2.3mm (.093") diameter flexible pipe mounting wires available for sale, $2.95 each. "Spring Things" are plated, and long enough so you can bend them to fit any application that uses a solid mounting wire. Using a flexible mount prevents the mounting nipple from breaking off, and it helps absorb some shock when the pipe is hit in a crash. They're available online at www.gmksupply.com . The top picture shows the wire installed on a Jammin X1-CR with a JP-2 pipe, the bottom picture is the wire as you receive it, ready to bend and trim to length.

Old 01-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Servo Question

Just got my X1CR and I am wondering what servos everyone is using for steering and throttle. I have been into racing electric on-road for quite a while and am just know venturing back into 1/8th scale buggy.

Thanks,
Old 01-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CRASH
Just got my X1CR and I am wondering what servos everyone is using for steering and throttle. I have been into racing electric on-road for quite a while and am just know venturing back into 1/8th scale buggy.

Thanks,

You cant go wrong with the Sanwa ERG-VX or the Airtronics equivalent, 13kgs and pretty fast too @ .1 sec. Best thing about them is they are extremly durable so they don't fail like some of the other brands.

Cheers
Damien

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.