Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah, OFNA seems to be taking their sweet time getting them out. Ace Hardware Hobbies got my original kit back about 9 days ago. I'm still waiting for them to call me and let me know the new ones are in. Still waiting to put my Christmas present together.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Dang that sucks Laterilus! I thought that was a done deal. I guess that means you won't be going to L.H next weekend. I am going but I am not racing, just going to play pit beesh for the day.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah, it does in a way, but really, the nervous/anxious part is over and I'm more than happy to wait since I probably won't be running the buggy until middle to late March. I mean, who likes to return a 500$ brand new kit half-way accross the country to a hobby shop? I was pretty close to just keeping the standard kit just for this reason. What if it got lost in the mail? Sure, I had it insured, but it takes a long time to receive money from the post office on lost mail. Once I learned that the new kit would be roughly the same price or a little more from Ace, I had to send it back knowing the new kit would have 250$+ added goodies on it. I'm just glad I got confirmation from them 1 1/2 weeks ago that they got it.

I thought as big as a shop that Ace is they would have been one of the first shops to get the new FT kits, but surprisingly enough, when I originally called them up to ask for the price difference, they didn't even know a new kit existed while Amain had them listed in stock on their website! lol. Another shop worker mentioned to the guy talking to me on the phone that OFNA had just called them up that morning (like Jan. 2nd) that a new FT kit is being released. Hopefully Ace will be getting the new kits soon. I would assume at least before any LHS out here in the Midwest at least. I'm sure I will have it by the end of January.

I was thinking about going to LH anyways to run electric, but I'm not a fan of the class structure they made. Mod buggy and 19T truck? Why not mod truck? What about 4WD? Oh well. I'm more interested in running electric in the winter so I'm gonna skip out on this race. Gas all year round is expensive... especially 1/8.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:38 AM
mjd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I am bummed but it has given me the time i need to finish my CRT. They say the kits should ship by friday.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

from Ace and nitrohouse?
Old 01-10-2006, 07:32 PM
mjd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

from ofna
Old 01-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

servo tray.. does it have other job other then holding the servo..?? what advantage the graphite over the alluminium servo tray..??
Old 01-12-2006, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by arghh
servo tray.. does it have other job other then holding the servo..?? what advantage the graphite over the alluminium servo tray..??

It holds the servos, holds the transponder, and stiffens the chassis..... CF is lighter and stronger than 2-3mm 6065 aluminum.... oh and it looks alot better.....
Old 01-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Rookie

I received the X1-CR Pro kit for Christamas. It was ordered on the 21st of December from Ace Hobbies. I received the non-team version! I wish I would have read this forum before I assembled the thing!

The only issue I had with my kit was it came with about 6 phillips head screws instead of the hex screws in 3x10 or 3x12 (can't remember.) I was also short a couple hex screws.

Last edited by Ziuck; 01-13-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

will jammin make the very easy adjustable part using insert for adjusting toe-in, anti squat, castor, width, wheelbase and kick-up angle which all the latest buggy nowdays have it..??
Old 01-13-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

i don't quite understand what you are trying to describe. is it a setup board? could you possibly post a picture?
Old 01-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys,
You may have seen my other thread by now about my second try at 1/8 scale buggy. I have had a major problem deciding which buggy to get. I have basically narrowed it down to two and the Jammin has most of my attention right now. So I want to ask a few questions before I put one on order. First, has anyone ran their old pro kits with the new parts on them (dont know if this is possible or not, they may not be avail. yet). The only real complaint Ive ever gotten from someone about the Jammin pro was that the parts ( arms, hubs, etc.) wear much too fast and are often in need of replacement. I really like the look of hte new car but not the thought of replacing parts all the time because of slop. Please let me know your experiences, even though they may be a little biased...
Old 01-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arghh
will jammin make the very easy adjustable part using insert for adjusting toe-in, anti squat, castor, width, wheelbase and kick-up angle which all the latest buggy nowdays have it..??
Not sure what insert parts you are talking about but the Jammin is fully adjustable it is a 100% complete race buggy..
Old 01-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Has anybody put on the new team kit parts?? i Just got some of mine and was putting in the aluminum lower B block on the front and notticed its not as thick as the plastic one so there is going to be a little play for the lower hinge pins.. Has anybody else notticed this????

i dont think it will be enough to be a problem but just wondering?
Old 01-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

runnin rc10:
you really wont go wrong with any jammin buggy. the rtr version is the most formidable prebuilt buggy on the market. the old pro kit is perfectly fine, no slop whatsoever. the parts quality is great, and my buggy hasn't broken a single thing, except for the b-block(which is plastic, and it is recommended that you get an aluminum one). if you have the patience to get the team kit, then get it. but there is nothing wrong with the current pro kit if you can't wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.