Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

I've just upgraded my SCT Pro Esc to the latest firmware, and now overheat protection can't be disabled anymore (it's grayed out).
Can this be fixed ? My overheat would kick in a tad to early so I want to be able to disable it.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pygmy
I've just upgraded my SCT Pro Esc to the latest firmware, and now overheat protection can't be disabled anymore (it's grayed out).
Can this be fixed ? My overheat would kick in a tad to early so I want to be able to disable it.
The temp cut off is set at between 105 and 125 degrees c so of your triggering the cut off you are running aggressive settings not normal .
Old 02-10-2014, 05:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have the new LCD Professional Program Box.

I run two cars, one with a JustStock and one with XERUN 120A V3.1 2S

any way I can use the program box with both Esc's?
Currently I have to downgrade the program box firmware to see the Justock and then upgrade it to see the v3.1
Old 02-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayL
I have the new LCD Professional Program Box.

I run two cars, one with a JustStock and one with XERUN 120A V3.1 2S

any way I can use the program box with both Esc's?
Currently I have to downgrade the program box firmware to see the Justock and then upgrade it to see the v3.1
You need the 3 in 1 multifunction box to run the both versions .
Old 02-11-2014, 09:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
You need the 3 in 1 multifunction box to run the both versions .
this is the one I have:

http://www.falconsekido.com/products/lcd-program
Old 02-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayL
Yes that will allow you to run both .
Old 02-12-2014, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default How to get smooth reverse settings

Can someone share the software/settings required to get a smooth transition from reverse to forward on an Xtreme stock?

Currently using the latest blinky software and there is a distinct pause-then-lurch as you go from reverse to forward. Makes no difference whether you wait at neutral.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sosidge
Can someone share the software/settings required to get a smooth transition from reverse to forward on an Xtreme stock?

Currently using the latest blinky software and there is a distinct pause-then-lurch as you go from reverse to forward. Makes no difference whether you wait at neutral.
I tried loads of stuff trying to make this work:

930 and 508 firmware
Xtreme Stock and an Xerun 60A
Several makes of motor
Different DRRS, neutral width, sensor cables etc.

Nothing worked. It looks to me like the ESC gets lost on the sensor position when going from reverse to forwards, so you get inconsistent behaviour. Sometimes it will get stuck for a couple of seconds before taking off.

In the end I gave up and went with a different ESC for my GT12, which did sadden me as I love HW ESCs, but decent reverse for club racing can be worth a lot of laps.

I don't know if the v3 is any better; in general it seems to be better with sensor issues so it might be.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleburr

930 and 508 firmware
Several makes of motor

Nothing worked. It looks to me like the ESC gets lost on the sensor position when going from reverse to forwards, so you get inconsistent behaviour. Sometimes it will get stuck for a couple of seconds before taking off.

In the end I gave up and went with a different ESC for my GT12, which did sadden me as I love HW ESCs, but decent reverse for club racing can be worth a lot of laps.

I don't know if the v3 is any better; in general it seems to be better with sensor issues so it might be.
What ESC did you switch to?

I gave up on Hobbywing ages ago after sticking with them for far too long. Software for the older speedo's never got sorted properly after years of updates. v3 may be better (friends who race seem happier) but I've got no intention of spending money on Hobbywing any more. I'm only using the ESC in my daughters car but I'm not even sure it is good enough for a 7-year-old!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr

930 and 508 firmware
Several makes of motor

Even better than reverse for more laps is not having to use reverse!

Also that pause before the start after reverse is programmed into the ESC so you don't destroy the drivetrain. You're not supposed to be able to hammer it from reverse to forward instantly.

The Hobbywing escs are fantastic. They've been used to win a whole bunch of competitions in both on and offroad.

I figure if it's good enough for the top names in racing (Andy Moore, Atsushi Hara, Paul Lemieux, etc...) I should be OK with it too.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hyujmn
Even better than reverse for more laps is not having to use reverse!

Also that pause before the start after reverse is programmed into the ESC so you don't destroy the drivetrain. You're not supposed to be able to hammer it from reverse to forward instantly.

The Hobbywing escs are fantastic. They've been used to win a whole bunch of competitions in both on and offroad.

I figure if it's good enough for the top names in racing (Andy Moore, Atsushi Hara, Paul Lemieux, etc...) I should be OK with it too.
Hara probably doesn't have to lap backmarkers 10 times a race, being driven like they're a pinball in a machine bouncing from barrier to car to barrier.

For my TCs and buggy I wouldn't run anything other than a HW. But for club level GT12 racing (which at times isn't much better than banger racing), decent reverse is a must. Horses for courses.

Also, I've been racing long enough to know what a reverse delay is. If the delay was intentional it would be consistent, and wouldn't sometimes need the car to be pushed to get it going again.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Just Stock software

Just got two HW Just Stock ESCs for USVTA and USGT racing. What is the latest software version for this ESC and what do I have to do to get it installed on my ESCs?
Old 02-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
Just got two HW Just Stock ESCs for USVTA and USGT racing. What is the latest software version for this ESC and what do I have to do to get it installed on my ESCs?
V3 508 zero timing is the latest.

Please search my tutorial on youtube.Hobbywing usb link tutorial that will explain what to do step by step.

Regards Angelo
Old 02-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Just so you guys are aware it is the responsability of the seller to warrant your product and the last resort will be to contact the factory.So if you bought your product from the Hong kong online stores the product must be returned to them for inspection,repair or replacement.

Remember warranty is from date of sale with proof of purchase if a proof of purchase is not offered then the product is warranted by day of manufacture which can be an issue come time for warranty so please safe guard that proof of purchase or its going to be hard for me to help out.

Thank you for your understanding .

Angelo
Old 02-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

is a warranty card supposed to be included in the box? got my just stock yesterday from pete and its not in front of me, but i thinking i dont recall seeing one ? and is ther any new updates for the just stock esc that i should look into? not to familiar with that line .

and BTW thanks to Pete at fierce for the fast shipping now i can race it tomorrow .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.