i running a modded version of hayne's from vagas

15 and 45 wt in front

12 and 4o wt in back

front arms middle
rear arms forward

hight front blocks

low rear blocks + .30

high diffs front and back

Last edited by RaceAce701; 10-24-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
just curious to know what you guys run as a front to rear weight bias?
Generally I run a 50/50 bias with the car set to balance on pins both left to right and front to rear. From there on a few occasions I have added a 5g weight to either end of the car just past the diff to adjust balance. I am not sure exactly what percentage balance that yields but I would guess its give me no more than a 5% difference between ends. I have tried 10g blocks in place of the 5g I use but when doing so the car seemed to want to swap ends and/or felt like the off-power steering was delayed.

In my experience I would say the Losi is more sensitive to weight distribution than most cars making it an easy & effective tuning option.

If you like I can post some photos of how I balanced my chassis along with the weights I use to shift that balance.

Mark
Old 10-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
Generally I run a 50/50 bias with the car set to balance on pins both left to right and front to rear. From there on a few occasions I have added a 5g weight to either end of the car just past the diff to adjust balance. I am not sure exactly what percentage balance that yields but I would guess its give me no more than a 5% difference between ends. I have tried 10g blocks in place of the 5g I use but when doing so the car seemed to want to swap ends and/or felt like the off-power steering was delayed.

In my experience I would say the Losi is more sensitive to weight distribution than most cars making it an easy & effective tuning option.

If you like I can post some photos of how I balanced my chassis along with the weights I use to shift that balance.

Mark
Post away...
Old 10-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Has anybody compared the new Jaco's (green and blue) to Sorex 28's in back to back runs (carpet)? My car is pretty decent on the Sorex tires, but looks like a drifter on the Jaco's.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
fast cat u runnin at altoon this sat

if so see me
i have the blu and green r9r

i running a modded version of hayne's from vagas

15 and 45 wt in front

12 and 4o wt in back

front arms middle
rear arms forward

hight front blocks

low rear blocks + .30

high diffs front and back
yeah ill be there sat... my car is pretty good except for the circle at the end of the sweeper... its fast enough to race but looking for alil more..
Old 10-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Has anybody compared the new Jaco's (green and blue) to Sorex 28's in back to back runs (carpet)? My car is pretty decent on the Sorex tires, but looks like a drifter on the Jaco's.
Did you add extra camber with the Jacos?
Old 10-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Did you add extra camber with the Jacos?
Just under 2 in the back and about 1.25 in the front. Does it seem to be normal to only wear the inside of the f tires? After 5 or 6 runs the outside of the fronts are still glossy. Maybe the Jaco's get better after a bunch of runs and the Paragon starts to soften them up and eat at the insert. I did notice they have much less air gap than what I am used to.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Just under 2 in the back and about 1.25 in the front. Does it seem to be normal to only wear the inside of the f tires? After 5 or 6 runs the outside of the fronts are still glossy. Maybe the Jaco's get better after a bunch of runs and the Paragon starts to soften them up and eat at the insert. I did notice they have much less air gap than what I am used to.
the more runs i get on my car the worse it gets... im gonna get with alex on sat and see what happens... thanks for info.. i may even throw on a new set of shoes to see..
Old 10-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

I did notice they have much less air gap than what I am used to.
I saw that too, my car in undriveable compare to Sorex28. I tryed some old Greens (from last year) and the car wasn't that bad. I'll try with softer spring tomorrow, Im now 17.5f 15r
Old 10-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J@UNE
I saw that too, my car in undriveable compare to Sorex28. I tryed some old Greens (from last year) and the car wasn't that bad. I'll try with softer spring tomorrow, Im now 17.5f 15r
The only reason I am contemplating trying to make them work for me is I just have a hunch they will be the handout at the Snowbirds. Otherwise I would just stick with Sorex.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last weekend i bolted up some blues (used, mind you...) that where left over from the asphalt season and headed indoors for some 10.5 rubber. All i did was clean the crap outta them (scrubed them down with motor spray) and added jack the gripper.

The tires look new after every run (no buildup) and i had way more traction than i expected all day. Dunno about the 28's though.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So, does anybody have a rubber tire carpet with a spool, with a13.5 or faster motor, setup that they want to share? I am going to make a 2 hour drive on the 1st and would like a setup to work on. Thanks

Tires that you run don't matter to me. But I have to run the Speedmind 28, they are a Spec tire for out series.

RedRocket
Old 10-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Spool assembly - ESC placement

I've recently built a new Type-R, and am going to be racing Jaco Blue rubber tires on carpet (local events only). I wanted to try the spool instead of the diff, so I purchased a spool pulley with the plastic plates. I was wondering about the best way to assemble the spool. Do you leave the copper washer in place? Also, does anyone use grease behind the copper washer or on the spool plates? Any other building tips?

Additionally, I wanted to place the receiver and the Brushless ESC (LRP Sphere) on top of the battery plate to keep all the weight centered. Does anyone have positive experiences or issues with placing this weight up high, even though it's centered?

Thanks for the thoughts.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcoldman
I've recently built a new Type-R, and am going to be racing Jaco Blue rubber tires on carpet (local events only). I wanted to try the spool instead of the diff, so I purchased a spool pulley with the plastic plates. I was wondering about the best way to assemble the spool. Do you leave the copper washer in place? Also, does anyone use grease behind the copper washer or on the spool plates? Any other building tips?

Additionally, I wanted to place the receiver and the Brushless ESC (LRP Sphere) on top of the battery plate to keep all the weight centered. Does anyone have positive experiences or issues with placing this weight up high, even though it's centered?

Thanks for the thoughts.
I mounted the ESC up there once and it felt weird, this car rolls alot to begin with, your better suited keeping the weight low. If you are running lipo you will need to add weight anyway, so you can put a good amount on the opposite side of the chassis to keep the L/R balance.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When you build up a spool keep the rings dry and clean, just use some motor spray and then your set.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.