Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For the .3 parts yes the bearings are the same front and rear.

Front Spindle Inner Bearing TKRBB13194 13x19x4 (same as rear hub)
Front Spindle Outer Bearing TKRBB08165 8x16x5 (same as rear hub)

The .2 Spindle used a TKRBB08144 8x14x4
Old 09-17-2015, 02:45 PM
MOE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
If anyone wants to run universals on their buggy, sworkz 92.5mm are a direct fit. They are centered in the outdrives like stock so anything within about 1.5mm should work, like kyosho, mugen etc. Mbx7r front universals are 91.5mm and kyosho are 91mm so either should work.
Have you had a chance to try this out yet?
Old 09-17-2015, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOE
Have you had a chance to try this out yet?
Just got the kyosho universals yesterday. Perfect length. Only problem is the hole for the hex pin is 2.5mm and tekno pins are 3mm. Options are to drill out the hole or buy kyosho hexes and pins. In the process of drilling mine out but kyosho hexes are in stock at dollar hobbyz for $4 a set. Will try them out this weekend.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Just got the kyosho universals yesterday. Perfect length. Only problem is the hole for the hex pin is 2.5mm and tekno pins are 3mm. Options are to drill out the hole or buy kyosho hexes and pins. In the process of drilling mine out but kyosho hexes are in stock at dollar hobbyz for $4 a set. Will try them out this weekend.
What size pin do the SWorkz axles use? 2.5 or 3mm?
Old 09-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vwduud
What size pin do the SWorkz axles use? 2.5 or 3mm?
3mm
Old 09-17-2015, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

3mm
Did you get the Kyosho universals just to try them, or did you feel they were better than the SWorkz?
Old 09-17-2015, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vwduud
Did you get the Kyosho universals just to try them, or did you feel they were better than the SWorkz?
Already had them for my sworkz ebuggy. Took them off to see if they fit the Tekno. I think the kyoshos fit better the universal is more centered in the pivot area of the front hubs than sworkz. And they're cheaper.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

When I ran universals I ran the Kyosho unis and Kyosho hexes. I didn't care for them. They made the car transfer weight weird. The car drove around the track dragging its rear around. That was early tho. I'm interested to see what comes up now that people have had the kits and setups have evolved.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
When I ran universals I ran the Kyosho unis and Kyosho hexes. I didn't care for them. They made the car transfer weight weird. The car drove around the track dragging its rear around. That was early tho. I'm interested to see what comes up now that people have had the kits and setups have evolved.
I pretty much expect something like that to happen until I can get some time tuning it on the track because of the differences between unis and cvds when under load.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Finally made the decision to fulfill one of childhood desires, getting my own 1/8th scale buggy, slight twist since there will be no nitro powering this one.

Local hobby shop, Nor Cal Hobbies, made a great deal on a package buy and before I knew what I was doing, I said "Order it up!"

Sadly, it has to come out West from the East coast or midewest warehouse so I might have it by Friday if all goes well. Nearly bought a 48SL but in the end the idea of all the upgrades for a slight bit more money won me over, thanks Rcgod!

Having read through most of the Tekno threads I have a feeling for the brand and what things to look our for so I had a strong list of items that should serve me well for our 2S indoor track.

- Tekno 48.3 Buggy
- Tekin Pro4 HD 4,300 KV
- Tekin RX8 Gen 2
- (2) Trinity 100C 2S 7,700 MAH lipo
- Savox SB-2282SG
- Proline Electrons, inserts and wheels
- Tekno Aluminum Servo Horn

I was not sure what pinion to have them set aside, I was guessing in the 16-19 range but not certain. What would folks suggest for a fairly small indoor clay track on 2S? I am also ordering the delrin shock internal set and probably some extra diff silicone oils to play with the power distribution. I will build everything else bone stock until I know what it may need for the track I run on. Anything else folks would suggest looking at prior to spending the time it takes to get it built?
Old 09-20-2015, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd order a few extra screws for the diff cases. I've had a few strip and if you're going to be playing with your oils I'd make sure they are in good shape every time you put the diffs back together.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fasttrak
Finally made the decision to fulfill one of childhood desires, getting my own 1/8th scale buggy, slight twist since there will be no nitro powering this one.

Local hobby shop, Nor Cal Hobbies, made a great deal on a package buy and before I knew what I was doing, I said "Order it up!"

Sadly, it has to come out West from the East coast or midewest warehouse so I might have it by Friday if all goes well. Nearly bought a 48SL but in the end the idea of all the upgrades for a slight bit more money won me over, thanks Rcgod!

Having read through most of the Tekno threads I have a feeling for the brand and what things to look our for so I had a strong list of items that should serve me well for our 2S indoor track.

- Tekno 48.3 Buggy
- Tekin Pro4 HD 4,300 KV
- Tekin RX8 Gen 2
- (2) Trinity 100C 2S 7,700 MAH lipo
- Savox SB-2282SG
- Proline Electrons, inserts and wheels
- Tekno Aluminum Servo Horn

I was not sure what pinion to have them set aside, I was guessing in the 16-19 range but not certain. What would folks suggest for a fairly small indoor clay track on 2S? I am also ordering the delrin shock internal set and probably some extra diff silicone oils to play with the power distribution. I will build everything else bone stock until I know what it may need for the track I run on. Anything else folks would suggest looking at prior to spending the time it takes to get it built?
Congrats. I don't think you'll be dissapointed. This is an awesome buggy.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Been racing my EB48.3 indoors lately and I have struggled with this vehicle the most out of any of my Tekno line up. Week by week I'm making small adjustments which seem to help bit it's not as dialed as my ET48.3 or SCT410.E yet. I have to drive it pretty aggressively and get it sliding around to do 180 degree turns well. I'm also getting wheelies when powering on after a jump, not sure if this is a suspension set up issue.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Riflebuilder
Been racing my EB48.3 indoors lately and I have struggled with this vehicle the most out of any of my Tekno line up. Week by week I'm making small adjustments which seem to help bit it's not as dialed as my ET48.3 or SCT410.E yet. I have to drive it pretty aggressively and get it sliding around to do 180 degree turns well. I'm also getting wheelies when powering on after a jump, not sure if this is a suspension set up issue.
What setup are you running?
Old 09-20-2015, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Riflebuilder
It sounds like the track I will be running on will be quite similar to what you are experiencing. I will be very interested in hearing your current setup as I should be building my buggy by the end of this week.

Very new to three diff setups using silicone opposed to ball diffs. Having poured over multiple mfg of indoor clay track setups, I found the Tekno a bit lacking for setup sheets so stole from some other mfg, I am thinking of building my kit with a heavy front weight bias. I believe the kit comes with only 5K weight, I plan to grab most weight between 3K and 10K to play with on and off power steering. Our track is pretty small with lots of sharp turns and a few 180's. The new setup even has a massive banked sweeper that was giving some drivers fits for on power steering.

Does anyone have a good resource for tuning with silicone oil in 1/8th scale buggy differentials?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.