Wiki Posts
Search

Project RC BMW ///M3

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is the only picture I have of a RC car with my M3

So while I was ordering a few more M3 bodies, I find this little gem, and could not resist!! I had to get it

a BMW 2002 Turbo

I made some headway on my TC6.1 and got most of it wired up. Just waiting for a servo now, or was thinking of robbing one of my RC airplane builds I have going.....

Question? Do you guys run a power switch? If so where do you locate it? Pictures would help.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's a BMW E46 M3 (and Mazda 6) done by Chris Moore (CM Designs in the paint forum) both look much better in person.

Painted lights and grillwork.

....and a few of my past Loves:

The white one was mine, currently in the Sacramento area.

At the Otto Krosse.....

75 2002

#408, 1984 BMW M635csi
Old 07-27-2014, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Wow, very nice post! Thanks!

Those M6 were very fast in their day! My friend owned one and I remember going for a ride once where the the broken white lines on the highway did look like dots!

The RC cars look very nice. I like how the E46 looks like it has Angel eyes!
Old 07-27-2014, 11:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

@viperz, thanks for the suggestions I have a slash 4x4 ultimate with 1/8 electronics, lundford titanium hinge pins , savox servo, steel cvds all around , rpm arms all around , strc aluminum shock towers , kingzheadz motor mount, X01 diffs, so I can easily convert over to the 330mm onroad like your own but I really like the 360mm wheelbase kyosho bodies, so realistic ! their just gorgeous , and that 2002 body cant wait to see how it turns out !
@ottokrosse , beautifull rides u have there a true enthusiast !!
Attached Thumbnails Project RC BMW ///M3-2014-02-24_22.01.03.jpg  
Old 07-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thought you guys might enjoy this. I salivate every time I watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPCXGVTsNxA

Viper Z,

That 2002 BMW would look real nice hooked up. Also regarding the switch, I run one on my 747e but I'm still deciding where to place it so that it doesn't look out of place. You motivated me yet again. I'm strongly considering getting another 747e and installing a 1/8 motor and running this Tamiya Mercedes SLS body: (Not my paint job, body comes unpainted)

OttoKrosse,

That red M6 is simply beautiful, and neat front end paint work on the rc Beemer.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M235i
@viperz, thanks for the suggestions I have a slash 4x4 ultimate with 1/8 electronics, lundford titanium hinge pins , savox servo, steel cvds all around , rpm arms all around , strc aluminum shock towers , kingzheadz motor mount, X01 diffs, so I can easily convert over to the 330mm onroad like your own but I really like the 360mm wheelbase kyosho bodies, so realistic ! their just gorgeous , and that 2002 body cant wait to see how it turns out !
@ottokrosse , beautifull rides u have there a true enthusiast !!
Yes, I know what you mean... Before I had all my 1/8ths, I was so considering a Kyosho Inferno just for the McLaren F1 body. Sadly the body was discontinued and remains as the Cepter, which resembles it. Also the price of the bodies was a deciding factor. Good luck with your quest!

What chassis is the E30 M3 riding on? Please tell me its fits the 255 -260mm TC cars?

I just realized the 2002 requires as 225mm chassis, as such need a new car for it... Oh well, this is why I'm inthe hobby. It may take a while for this one...

Originally Posted by Evo 13
Thought you guys might enjoy this. I salivate every time I watch this:

Viper Z,

That 2002 BMW would look real nice hooked up. Also regarding the switch, I run one on my 747e but I'm still deciding where to place it so that it doesn't look out of place. You motivated me yet again. I'm strongly considering getting another 747e and installing a 1/8 motor and running this Tamiya Mercedes SLS body: (Not my paint job, body comes unpainted)
Thats M5 sounds wicked, but then how can a V10 not?

Thanks on the switch. I'll probably tape it to the top of the servo or something.

Nice, I may have to look into one of these Serpents, once I have finished these M3's and now the 2002 project That Merc SLS looks liek a worthy project, I like it!
Old 07-27-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

@viperz , the hpi e30 m3 I have is mounted to a sprint 2 chassis , so yes its standard touring car, the 225mm was hpi truescale line correct ? That body is great , the wheelbase sucks =(
Old 07-27-2014, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M235i
@viperz , the hpi e30 m3 I have is mounted to a sprint 2 chassis , so yes its standard touring car, the 225mm was hpi truescale line correct ? That body is great , the wheelbase sucks =(
Thanks, that's good to hear on the E30 M3. I have noticed the E46 M3 is meant for the HPI 255mm Sprint 2, as such really requires careful placement to fit the 260mm TC6.1.

Correct the 225mm is from the Cup Racer series... Oh well, another project to go
Old 07-29-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Got something delivered today! That's didn't take too long at all!

Here it is beside the TC6.1 and the HPI Sprint2

I finished tucking the wires away on the TC6.1, and now just waiting for a servo..... that's it' I'm going to scrimmage around and see what I have, I know I have something

I mounted my switch onto the underside of the top tray, powered up and calibrated the ESC. It moves PDQ, as far as I can tell in the limited time I ran it with out a steering servo

Old 07-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

ViperZ, this thread is worth it just for the pictures you post. I'm glad that you and many others in this thread are here to offset the piles of smeary, blurred cell phone pictures found elsewhere on this site!
Old 07-29-2014, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Looking good Bing! What body are you going to run on the tC6.2?
Old 07-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pauly6401
ViperZ, this thread is worth it just for the pictures you post. I'm glad that you and many others in this thread are here to offset the piles of smeary, blurred cell phone pictures found elsewhere on this site!
Thanks Pauly! I'm appreciative of your comments! I try to make the thread interesting with photos as they add to and convey what I'm trying to express

Originally Posted by Evo 13
Looking good Bing! What body are you going to run on the tC6.2?
Thanks Evo! I'm not sure yet, but I am prepping a Mazda GX TC body to go racing at the club with. It will either go on the TC6.1 or 6.2.

I have a new in bag, clear, HPI McLaren F1, like this one I painted for the HPI Sprint 2 a while back

I have also picked up a few vintage TA bodies, the 71 Firebird Trans Am and the 68 Camaro

As well I have another HPI E30 M3, E46 M3 and E92 M3 coming, so I have lots to choose from.... I would like to see how well I do on the track and then go from there

What do you suggest?

I wouldn't mind a 911 GT3, or an older vintage RSR....
Old 07-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Viper Z,

Dude you provided far too many bodies to choose from—analysis paralysis If your racing the TC6.2, then the mazda body might be best as I believe its a racing body.

Interesting you picked up the 71' Firebird. I had my eye on that body before. I like it a lot. Regarding the Porsche—for racing—I don't think I would go that route. I had one on my 747 nitro and I couldn't keep that dang on thing straight for nothing. It looks good but wasn't very functional, for me at least.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah, that was a lot of bodies to say pick one As the TC6.2 will be the main race car it will most likely carry the Mazda style racing shell, and maybe a GT body depending on what the club is doing.

The TC6.1 will most likely be set up for VTA, or CTA as it is in Canada. Apparently we run 17.5T motors in CTA. Vintage TA bodies, wheels just like VTA.

Good to know on the 911's... And too bad.... I love those cars

I loved the 70's Firebird Trans Am! I remember as a young pup having a 70 brochure where the TA was white with a blue stripe, 455 H.O. I dream pt of that car forever. Then when I was a young adult with my license, I almost bought a 73 TA from a family friend. It was all red with the fire chicken on the hood, 455 SD, 4 speed manual.... I wished I would have bought it, but I bought a 74 Corvette instead.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here's a sneak peek of the latest M3 project.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.