Wiki Posts
Search

OFNA X3 GT SERIES

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by IvVaum
u need to have someone take ur videos for you bud...seeing it whiz by just doesn't give me the satisfaction that i need!

next time tell the wifey to take a short video for u...but...i do know how difficult that can be...this one time i asked her to take photos of my slash in action...that was the last time i ever asked.
no not the wifey man lol, I'd rather ask a stranger first before I let her record video
Old 04-12-2014, 03:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

are u kidding me?...any faster than that and ur gonna have trouble controlling it...there is such a thing as too fast...
Not when your going up and down the street.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

really?...i kinda figure that it needs more weight in the rear anyways...i mean...on my car...i had to add weight just to get it to stay down.
Your adding weight at the highest point of the car, behind the rear wheels and on top of a flimsy body! Those are the worst spots to add weight. if your just bashing around in a parking lot its not going to matter but on a race track with a race car its not a good idea!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Your adding weight at the highest point of the car, behind the rear wheels and on top of a flimsy body! Those are the worst spots to add weight. if your just bashing around in a parking lot its not going to matter but on a race track with a race car its not a good idea!
i agree with u...it's a good thing i've got multiple bodies...the CF wing looks cool...and it's long enough that it fits over the width of the body...we shall see how it fits and how it makes the overall car looks...

i'm all into racing...but i also want to look cool while racing too.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Where did you get it from? What is the length of the spoiler? TIA.

Humay...i just ordered one of these..and i'll try to fit it on my alpha r1 body...i'll post up some pics once it gets here and mounted...if it doesn't work...i'll just use it on my revo...

has anyone tried one of these on their cars?

Old 04-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ferrariGTR
Where did you get it from? What is the length of the spoiler? TIA.
HPI Baja Wing…

integy type iv wing…

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...ratesortby=New

i have the type iii wing and they fit perfectly on the revo…so i figure this wing would be perfect for gt8 bodies…not sure on the width…but i know it will fit…the only question is…how will it look and perform.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

this is the Integy Type III baja wing on my revo…as u can see…it fits perfectly…

Old 04-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by humayraykinaon
you think my Rally GT8 can compete with the big boys? its already got the body? I don't mine a pro will test it for a drive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWoZDlDoE5g
Originally Posted by jmoneym
From the other E GTs I've seen posted that is slow.
are u kidding me?...any faster than that and ur gonna have trouble controlling it...there is such a thing as too fast...
Originally Posted by jmoneym
Not when your going up and down the street.
Exactly

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

thats nice…about once or twice…but the joy is in the competition of race…in the build process…n in the coolness of the product…and…i'm always a fan of ingenuity…show me that…and i'll get all wooded for u...
Old 04-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

…but the joy is in the competition of race…
This may be true for you but not for everyone. There are plenty of guys that only do high-speed runs and are just as happy doing that. They put tons of time and energy into their cars so that they can be the fastest 8th scale GT guy in the US; and they have no desire to race.

Last edited by JLock; 04-13-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

thats nice…about once or twice…but the joy is in the competition of race…in the build process…n in the coolness of the product…and…i'm always a fan of ingenuity…show me that…and....
"Ingenuity" is being able to build a 1/8 GT car that can run over 100 mph; let alone exceed 140 mph; which is something that most everyone on this forum may never be able to do, unless they really do have "ingenuity" and skill.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPmdGZA_EpM

The Top-Speed GT guys deserve respect too.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone tried the nova flash or kappo rally motor and is the flash worth the extra money
Old 04-17-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbo713
Has anyone tried the nova flash or kappo rally motor and is the flash worth the extra money
I don't have a flash, but ran my Kappo against one at the LA race. I was not giving anything up to it on the straight and maybe gained a little on the infield.

I also know Chad han a Kappo all last year with very good results. To bad they have decided to not continune this engine. Seems a great value in the GT class, plus it has the larger head to keep the heat down.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

I have picked up a car and will be at the Nova Rossi race in Houston next weekend. I do not have all the parts I would like to try, but should be a good comparison to my DM-1 and the large group of Serpents and a few Team C cars.

I'm not going to be using the new body this weekend so I can keep my comparison to just the cars.

R2 - Really could use some Gears .........
Old 04-28-2014, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Just finished with the Novarossi Challenge in Porter Texas with the X3. I had my well sorted DM-1 with me, but left it in the box after running it first in Friday practice. The X3 was pretty quick out of the box based on info I received at the Airtronics race in LA a few weeks back.

Was able to make a few changes and turned the fastest laps I've run at this track, running with some very fast racers who know the track and set up. All were chassing Paolo, but a very good bench mark.

Anyway, this is a tough track to work with 260' straigt, but only 90' wide, which makes a tough choice for speed in the straight, or acceleration out of the corners. Handling was very good out of the box, thanks Craig, still working the clutch / brakes / gearing and I'm sure I'll get it worked out before running in the Heart of America series and Byrons race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.