Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Tech Initiate

if you are looking for the most reliable and durable car.
hands down to pro 2. It's like a rock.

It has a lot of imperfection as stock ( what comes in the box and basic design), for instant the chassis flex a lot, if you think the flex in pro 4 is bad, pro2 is worse. For acceleration, it is not as good as the top end car on the market today.

but no doubt, it is a great car for beginner.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Rookie....maybe there is no offset on the Orion rim....and that is the problem. I know that some nitro foam tires do not have any offset in the rim. Carpet foam rims all have an extra 2mm offset built in I believe...so that might be the problem. Once you get some real carpet foam tires I bet that you wont have this issue. I have seen 30mm TRC foams fit the rear of the car so there must be something with the Orion rim.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Unhappy

Has anyone lost a D-clip retaining the shock guides and orings? What did you do to replace it? My lhs said they are on backorder. Is there something else that will work?
Old 11-04-2004, 11:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: front bumper

Originally posted by rai13
Does anyone know of an aftermarket wider front bumper for the pro 4? I keep braking hubs and i think a wider front bumper would help alot.

Also does anyone know if the rpm bumper for a Nitro TC3 will work without modifications? Can I just slip it under the foam bumper?

thanks in advance
rai
You can modify the BRP TC3 front bumper to fit. I just did this myself, took all of about 15 minutes to do, it was pretty easy. Thanks for the heads up on this BTW Erik.

I know a lot of you have gone to aftermarket 3mm chassis sets for your cars on carpet, and I actually just redid my car with the HPI 3mm lower and 2.5mm upper deck. The car feels a heck of a lot stiffer than with the stock chassis. Until recently I didn't even realize HPI had a thicker chassis out there. Something to consider if you are going to swap plates.

Will have photos of the new shell and chassis set soon. Probibally by this weekend.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
Has anyone lost a D-clip retaining the shock guides and orings? What did you do to replace it? My lhs said they are on backorder. Is there something else that will work?
You know, that's the ONLY thing I don't really like about his car? I don't like the way the shocks seal assembly is designed.

And I can't find anywhere online that has them in stock either....sure glad I ordered a pair as soon as I found them!
Old 11-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
I think you can use the clips that are used in nitro engines to hold the wrist-pin in place in the piston. They should be approx the same thickness and size...so I've been told.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kevin K
Rookie....maybe there is no offset on the Orion rim....and that is the problem. I know that some nitro foam tires do not have any offset in the rim. Carpet foam rims all have an extra 2mm offset built in I believe...so that might be the problem. Once you get some real carpet foam tires I bet that you wont have this issue. I have seen 30mm TRC foams fit the rear of the car so there must be something with the Orion rim.
You might be right, then I have to wait untill the Parma and find out...I have mounted nitro 30mm foams for TP racing, but all I can do is mount the shock to the closest #3 position at the lower arm in order to get the clearence.

Thanks.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hara's servo

Hi, just a quick question for you guys. Would somebody be able to tell me which KO servo Hara has been running recently? I saw one with a gold heatsink (i assume) band around it. just wanted to know which model it was...cheers
Old 11-05-2004, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Worlds Set-up...

HPI Europe posted Andy Moore's setup in pdf format.

http://www.hpieurope.com/
Old 11-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by cartmen34
You know, that's the ONLY thing I don't really like about his car? I don't like the way the shocks seal assembly is designed.
You're right, the clips are a little hard to put in and take out, but the whole design of the shock is much more sealed compared to TRF shocks. After 4 races with the Pro4, i rebuilt the shocks expecting to see the oil blackened by dirt, but the oil came out crystal clear unlike TRF shocks after 4 races.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Aurra Sing
You're right, the clips are a little hard to put in and take out, but the whole design of the shock is much more sealed compared to TRF shocks. After 4 races with the Pro4, i rebuilt the shocks expecting to see the oil blackened by dirt, but the oil came out crystal clear unlike TRF shocks after 4 races.
Next time you go to the dentist. Ask for some of their old tools. They will usally give out one or two. They work great on these clips and a lot of other small things.

take care
john
Old 11-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ??

Wanna ask something. Y my rear right feel gritty when i turn my differential and the left wheel feels smooth? is there something binding?
Old 11-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Hara's servo

Originally posted by g4t2
Hi, just a quick question for you guys. Would somebody be able to tell me which KO servo Hara has been running recently? I saw one with a gold heatsink (i assume) band around it. just wanted to know which model it was...cheers
Its the KO 2363. The 2364, also with the gold heat sink, is the high-torque variation.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy easy motor removal

Hi guys, i am a new owner of the pro 4 and simply wanting to know if anyone has developed any tricks for easy motor removal

There surely must be an easier way than an allen key...

Cheers
Michael
Old 11-07-2004, 02:15 AM
Tech Regular

Wanna ask something. Y my rear right feel gritty when i turn my differential and the left wheel feels smooth? is there something binding?
chek the hex hub is not clamped up against the bearings too tight, i chek this every time i put wheels on.

when the wheels are done up too tight, they exhibit a gritty feeling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.