Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Born2Run
I ran my 5.5T as well my 8.5T with the 930 stock this time with lipo protection on 3.0v/cell and after a couple of minutes the voltage protection kicks again.Batteries are Gens Ace 5000mAh 50C and i have run them only a few times.The only way to go is to disable the voltage protection but it's too risky.A couple of guys with the SP speedo (with the SP 323stock s/w) but SP 4.5T motors and more agressive settings don't have this issue.I'm not sure why this happens but for sure the new 930 s/w didn't help.
really? I've been running 5.5T and 4.5T fine on a 120A with 930 no issues, voltage protection is on at 3.2v/cell... Can run for ten minutes with decent of levels of boost and turbo on both motors.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Punch level was 2.As you're said i suspect the batteries are dumping very quickly.They don't seems they are 50C
It seems like its your batteries as to be honest you need atleast a 50c true value to run 3.5t motors as the current draw on a 3.5t is massive.or else something is dragging that pack down very quickly but im sure its the battery
Old 11-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

yes very true
Originally Posted by M7H
Can also be a bad soldering in the ESC/Lipo or ESC/Motor circuit.....
yes correct especially soldering of the pack
Old 11-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by scoop
If I've got this right, if I reduce the boost number ie from 30 to 25, does the turbo then come in earlier and therefore the slope etc with it?
Depends on the software...

On 119, turbo will kick in after you've hit the throttle delay, regardless of where the additional timing is in relation to boost.
On 211/930 turbo will only kick in after the throttle delay and all the boost timing has been added.

In terms of slope, no, this isn't altered... as it is added in (for both turbo and boost) in relation to other factors.
Boost is added in steps per rpm, (step/rpm) turbo in steps per tenth of a second (step/0.1s). So the rate of addition of boost will be the same regardless of when it kicks in.

However, if you use less boost, then (assuming you've used up all the boost timing by the time the throttle delay hits), then the turbo will come in a little earlier.

HiH
Ed
Old 11-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by olly986
We run older 224 with 10.5t boosted so it stays cooler, my guess is that it should be the same for 13.5t
How does the combo work with this software, quick? Any issues? Any settings will be helpful
Old 11-15-2011, 12:33 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mb3195
How does the lrp x12 go with the hw xtreme? Particularly curious with the 13.5, have heard mixed reviews.

What software works best with them?
Originally Posted by olly986
We run older 224 with 10.5t boosted so it stays cooler, my guess is that it should be the same for 13.5t
Yep, LRP X12 => Firmware 101224_STOCK.

Keep roll-out / FDR as suggested by LRP.
Many people say/think, because the X12 is a high timing motor that it should scream, but in fact you should gear it a bit heavier then other motors, because it has a lot of bottom power!....
In 12th scale 10.5T I drive 44mm
In 12th scale 13.5T I drive 53mm....
Old 11-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Tech Adept

Should have said, using 211.
At the mo I have;
Slope 18
Boost 30
Turbo 30
Turbo delay off
Turbo punch 200
I want the turbo to come in earlier because of the length of our straight, about 25 meters, so i was going to turn down the boost and up the turbo?

QUOTE=TryHard;9911147]Depends on the software...

On 119, turbo will kick in after you've hit the throttle delay, regardless of where the additional timing is in relation to boost.
On 211/930 turbo will only kick in after the throttle delay and all the boost timing has been added.

In terms of slope, no, this isn't altered... as it is added in (for both turbo and boost) in relation to other factors.
Boost is added in steps per rpm, (step/rpm) turbo in steps per tenth of a second (step/0.1s). So the rate of addition of boost will be the same regardless of when it kicks in.

However, if you use less boost, then (assuming you've used up all the boost timing by the time the throttle delay hits), then the turbo will come in a little earlier.

HiH
Ed[/QUOTE]
Old 11-15-2011, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bjspinner
I have tried this combo with 930 and it is very fast just unreliable.

When I was griding up and came to a stop with brakes on the car would go backwards once I pulled the throttle!
Reverse was not set!!
If you got spun around and rolled backwards the speedy would go to sensorless!
I tried all variable's of timming on the speeedy and motor to no avail...

The hobbywing claim is that the signal from the X12's is not strong so as the speedy cannot pickup where it is in relation to sensor position.

Cobra Racing did say he would look into it further in a post I submitted weeks ago... Still nothing.
Im sure you have read our post wrong as Hobbywing hasn't claimed anything of the sort or the signal from the X12 as not being strong what we said was that because of the very high currents generated by the x12 and the position of the rotor to the sensor board it interferes with the sensor signal thus causing the esc to switch to sensorless mode .What hobbywing did to fix the issue was reduce the sensativity of the esc so its doesnt go into error so easy thats all that was done now i have received emails from x12 users that who have shimmed there motors and using there new software with no issues .

Your issue is your motor running backwards when you apply the brakes and when you spin around it rolls backwards it goes into error .I suggest you recal your radio as from what your telling me i cant see it being a software issue related to the esc .

Please email me or skype me or even msn and we can work through it even on video conference like i do with so many hobbywing users .

[email protected]
or skype
teamcobraracing.

thanks

Last edited by COBRARACING; 11-15-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:11 AM
Tech Champion

Should have said, using 211.
At the mo I have;
Slope 18
Boost 30
Turbo 30
Turbo delay off
Turbo punch 200
I want the turbo to come in earlier because of the length of our straight, about 25 meters, so i was going to turn down the boost and up the turbo?
With that setup, you could do two things... lower the amount of boost, or bring the boost in faster. Either will get the turbo kicking in quicker.

Other option, is to try 119 software, as then the turbo is independent of the boost.

HiH
Ed
Old 11-15-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

I've got the boost timing starting at 5 thousand already. I thought that was pretty low!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've got the boost timing starting at 5 thousand already. I thought that was pretty low!
when i was running x12 13.5t 6k was alot better than 5k
Old 11-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Craig W
when i was running x12 13.5t 6k was alot better than 5k
I'm running GM 10.5 but it doesn't make sense to me to put the start point back when I want it all to come in earlier?
Old 11-15-2011, 07:31 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

I'm running GM 10.5 but it doesn't make sense to me to put the start point back when I want it all to come in earlier?
adding timing to early is not always a good thing.
Because the X12 with the 4 dots insert is already om 27.5 (thank you Manson) degree of timing, maybe a later boost start RPM will actually give you more performance.....
Let the punch setting of the ESC do it's work before starting to add boost timing.....

Now I don't know the set timing of your GM, but maybe it's around the same as the LRP?
It's worth a try, or not?
A fellow racer is stopped running with his GM motor, because it started running sensorless or something like that, I didn't really spend time to try and help to solve his problem, but maybe he was also giving to much timing to fast.....

Last edited by M7H; 11-15-2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Mistake by me, 37,5 should have been 27,5......
Old 11-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

4 dot on lrp = 27.5, not 37
Old 11-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default HW Extreme Stock or HW 120A 1S

Originally Posted by hobbywing